“Excellent”

Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Handforth
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Giuliano is a family-run Italian restaurant located close to Wilmslow in Cheshire, offering a wide range of authentic Italian dishes, a warm welcome and a great atmosphere.
Reviewed May 25, 2013

First visit to this Italian Restaurant. Service was excellent, both quick and very subtle. Food was amazing- well worth every penny. And the restaurant has a great atmosphere!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Went to Il Gusto a couple of weeks ago. They have done it out very nicely inside, and it is very spacious, which I like. The staff and service were good. But, the food was a bit average. I had a risotto, but it was nothing special, whilst the prices are a little on the high side. My starter was nice though.They have also revived the "sweet trolley", which I have not seen anywhere for quite a while. Would prefer a dessert menu myself.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

A group of us have recently had a really excellent meal at Il Gusto, having booked a table for 4.
Having been open for just 8 weeks and having read some recent reviews, it lived up to all our expectations.
The menu was varied and didn’t just include Italian dishes e.g. beef goulash.
The service was efficient and friendly and not too long a wait for either drinks, starts or main course.
The sweets were brought to the table in a display trolley and were served there and then.
We all thought the quantity and quality and presentation of the food was excellent. I personally couldn’t find a fault with anything I had.
I had the beaten beef fillet for starters followed by fillets of sea bream, both delicious.
I wouldn’t normally have a sweet, but I was taken by the look of the chocolate mousse, in a cake form. Again, delicious!
One of our group has already returned, I will be going back very soon.
Highly recommended

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Went with a groupof 8 family members including visitors from Aberdeen.We mainly had a mix of pasta though i had an excellant pizza and some of us also had starters.if you cook yourself Italian restaurant sauces can be disappointing but not here.Reassuringly they can cook and do it well.

The ambiance is excellent and the staff very friendly to complete an enjoyable evening with tasty food.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

When we arrived, restaurant looked inviting. Garlic bread starter was delicious and arrived promptly. Main course took about another hour to arrive, had to ask twice if they could speed them up. Ordered fries, never arrived. Some of staff didn't seem to understand plain English??? No system seemed to be in place with the waiting on staff and the restaurant wasn't even busy. Had to keep attracting their attention for desserts, coffees and the bill. Service charge was added to the bill but we had terrible service and would not have paid it , except they offered us complimentary limoncello at the end of the meal, so felt obliged to pay it, then realised every one gets offered it any how. Would return for the food and hope that service would be better next time. Agree with other review regarding music volume, very loud considering restaurant wasn't even busy. Think the staff were all itching to go home and our party of 8 was a bit of an inconvenience to them