“Great night out!”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Buxton, United Kingdom
“Great night out!”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This was the second time we visited as the first was so good we wanted to share it with friends; and check the initial experience was not a 'one off' before providing a referral. We were not disappointed. The service was great and really friendly, despite having a full restaurant and a large party to deal with (we were only a four). The food is superb and excellent value all around. Not only will we be returning, despite it being a 40 minute journey to get there - it's worth it!

United Kingdom
“A good curry experience”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We were staying at the Premier Inn just down the road so walked along for a curry. Presently training our daughter to enjoy the curry experience and the Viceroy certainly helped. We ate our way through the menu, poppadoms & chutneys, starter platter and three curries, korma for the trainee, a tikka mossalla, and a chat mossalla plus naans.
All well cooked and presented and excellent value

• Visited June 2013
Stockport
“Just another Manic Friday....”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We had a really nice meal here last Friday...My wife keeps getting Groupon Vouchers which can be good,you get to try places you would not normally bother travelling to to sample food etc at much reduced prices..I have only ever passed through Handforth and it would be highly unlikely that we would stop for a curry...The Viceroy was good however and I would consider returning for sure...The Curries we had (especially the Bangle Exotic that I ordered ...£2 supplement)were extremely fresh tasting and not sure what the Chicken had been marinated in but it gave the meal a great,unusual sweet taste quite unlike the usual tandoori/tikka, maybe orange or mango but lovely.The meals were nicely presented and the staff attentive and friendly,There was the usual joke about me having a half pint and my wife ordering a pint of Cobra,this happens in every licensed Indian restaurant we have ever been to(I am nearly always driving and not much of a Lager drinker and Bitter in Indian restaurants usually turns out to taste foul)..With the voucher it was all very reasonably priced...The Car Park is tiny and the markings at odd angles to fit as many cars in as possible but I would dread trying to reverse out of the bay on a rainy night with the windows steamed up..There is a sign directing you to other car parks nearby when its full...I don't know how some reviews describe the food as un-inspiring and a let down as what we ate was delicious I would love to have the recipe for the Bangle Exotic Curry...Recommended

Bellingham, Washington
“Scratched My Curry Itch”
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

I live in Germany where a good Indian isn't very common, to say the least I was in need of a good curry! My colleagues and I dined at the Viceroy after being told it was the first restaurant of its type outside of the "Indian Mile" to be recognized for its excellent food.

We started with a few ice-cold Cobras plus popadoms with a nice side dish of fresh toppings. I chose the Indian railway lamb for my main and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a balanced dish with great flavors, textures and just the right amount of spice.

The staff are attentive and service is very good however the seating & atmosphere is average but nice. I was unimpressed with their small car park - better off using a taxi. A bit of redecorating and some new and creative dishes could set this restaurant apart, at the moment it doesn't live up to the hype. Good food but could be better, it did scratch my itch for a curry :-)

Recommended +++1/2

1 Thank Tom M
Bellingham, Washington
“Scratched My Curry Itch”
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

I live in Germany where good Indian food isn't very common so I was in need of a good curry! My colleagues and I dined at the Viceroy after being told it was the first restaurant of its type outside of the "Indian Mile" to be recognized for its excellent food.

Recommended +++1/2