Hallmark Hotel Manchester
Deanwater Hotel(Stockport)
$100
$138
$61
The Wilmslow Lodge(Wilmslow)(Great Value!)
$77
$71
Hotels.com
1,792 results
All reviewsspa breakparty nightcourse mealpark and flyspa facilitieshen partyhealth clublovely foodcouldn't faultan overnight stayone night staygood nights sleepfollowing morningairporttreatmenttaxikatie
Reviewed November 1, 2009

we booked into the hotel for a treat and so we could do some shopping in the trafford centre. Initally we were charged £15 for having a cot for our 1 year old put in the room. when I queried it and asked to cancel they waived the cost of the cot!!

The hotel was nice enough. It has obviously been revamped quite a bit. The reception was nice and the staff helpful enough, although we couldn't get the lift to work so had to carry our case, bags, buggy and daughter up to the first floor. The room was small but nice, the bed comfy and the cot we had requested was there.

We ate in the brasserie which was quiet but the food was nice and they were happy for our daughter to be there with us. The staff were helpful and freindly.

However from about 4am onwards we were woken on numerous occasions by groups of people at the outside door below us. They were staff I think and on a break but they stood and chatted and as the windows are not double glazed we heard eveything. We'd just get our daughter settled and they'd be back again. So we had a very unsettled and sleepless night. I mentioned it at reception when we checked out and was told that we should have rung the night clerk and he would have moved them but surely thats not our job. They should be in their break room or at least somewhere that wouldn't wake the guests up in the middle of the night!

As a result our night away as a bit of a treat resulted in us being more tired than when we went and with a very tired and irritable little girl who is all out of her routine. We were so tired we drove straight home the next day and didn't stay to use the pool which was one of the main reasons we wanted to stay at the hotel. I have written to the management to advise them of the problem so hopefully the staff might use the break room in the future!!

So the hotel is ok for the money but avoid room 201 if you want a good nights sleep!!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2009

On the whole i had a good experience of the hotel. Staff were very good and pleasant, it's nice to get a good morning from everyone. Price was good value, hotel was modern and looked like it had recently undergone an uplift although there were signs of the old hotel there particularly in the foyer of the gym but im sure thats work in progress. Evening meal wasn't the best, i can't understand why a meal would get served on what would best be described as a chopping board, the butter on my food soaked all the way through to the table and made my main course a tad unpleasant although the steak was cooked perfectly. Breakfast was very good although i mean disrespect but the hotel wasn't busy therefor the hot foot on the buffet MAY lie too long, difficult juggling act i know. Room was very nice, modern but definately hot as has been identified by many others. I would like to see an off switch for the blue light that omits through the glass door of the toilet. I will most definately use this hotel again particularly if the price doesnt alter too much as the hotel gets popular again and a few tweaks here and there will have it almost perfect.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 5, 2009

I stayed at the Hallmark with my boyfriend in August on a 2 night spa break promotion I found online. Our 2 night stay included breakfast both mornings, 3 course dinner and spa treatment each. The staff were really friendly, the rooms were stylish and very comfortable and the spa treatments were very relaxing. The best part of our stay was the dinner though. The food is absolutely amazing! I have never tasted mussels like it before. You can choose from one of 3 sauces that they are cooked in and they come in a huge bowl with lovely fresh bread. My boyfriend had the steak and said it was the best he'd ever had. Delicious!! We will definately book this hotel again and recommend it to anyone looking for a relaxing break and a good meal!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2009

This is an older hotel that's been bought by a chain and given a facelift. The public areas are lovely, but the redecoration of the rooms had been slightly skimped on, so that the old door frames and windows (which only had small opening panes at the top) had been kept and looked odd against the new furniture. They should really have invested in air conditioning. The room was boiling, even with the windows wide open and the net curtains (!!!) pushed out of the way. We slept badly, even on top of the covers. Shame, because the staff were really nice, the decor is modern and stylish and it was a good hotel apart from the stifling heat!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
LindaGregory, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2009

Thank you for you kind comments regarding the hotel , I was delighted to read you found our staff helpful and the hotel surroundings stylish. My sincere apologies if you felt uncomfortale with the heat in your room. As the temprature rarely gets that high in our "summer" months we felt the justification in installing air condidioning would not realy be feasable. However going forward it is something we will considor for the future as we do always take guest feedback in a constuctive manner . Once again thank you for your comments and I hope we will welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Regards Linda Gregory - General Manager

Reviewed September 13, 2009

I have been to this hotel 2 times previous and its been a not bad place to stay , the staff are very freindly , the place is clean and the price well we got a discounted rate but what price most stay is not really what I would pay for this place. The biggest concern was our last night our car was broken into in the car park and we had things stolen. When the Police arrived they informed us that theives constantly target this hotel as its a buisness hotel. Our car was not the only broken into that night and speaking to a couple of lads that were there without a car had clothing stolen from there room as it was hanging out to dry. The police have mentioned to the hotel on numerous occasion about increasing security yet ignore it as it would give a bad name to the company. I feel if they had taken police advice then I would not be out of pocket today but it took a complaint at the time to force an apoligy.
If you do have to visit here I do suggest being very vigiliant probably a bit more that normal of thefts and if you have a car ensure you park outside the hotel front lobby if you can get a spot . I know I will not go back to this hotel ever again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business