“not bad stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Handforth
hendon, london
“not bad stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

good location for a business meeting that was being held here.
room good size and clear (but not like the massive rooms you get in las vegas), but also had a portable heater ?
toilet didn't flush first few times
nice comfy bed
flat screen TV facing the bed directly! (this is never the case in most hotels!)
evening dinner meal not great for a vegetarian
good selection for breakfast though
friendly and smiling staff
hotel wifi FREE but in some areas there's not a powerful signal **hotel management if you are reading this, please improve on this***
also bad mobile phone reception if on THREE network hence the need to depend on the hotel's free WIFI
i didn't use the spa or pool so no comment on them

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

We brought this deal not expecting to much as it was brought on living social, but how wrong we were, this hotel was definitely 4 star as stated, the staff were very professional and friendly, The room was lovely , bed very comfortable, WiFi in rooms, we were given tapas within the our deal, which was delicious, we sat in the bar ordering cocktails which were the best we have ever had, in the morning breakfast was great and plentiful, over all this hotel is definitely one we would visit again and again, top place

Room Tip: We had room 102, perfect
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sueBB0316
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel because I thought it would be nice and relaxing before my long haul flight the next day. I booked a deal that included a 2 course meal and breakfast.

My room was 431 I have no idea what was going on below me but there was constant noise. It sounded like there was furniture or something being moved around constantly. There was also a function on and the music went on long past midnight. So unfortunately I didn't get a good nights rest at all before my long flight today. I wish I had just stayed in the airport all night and saved my money.

The room was ok I didn't think it was anything special. The bed was comfortable enough. The bathroom was just ok. I really was expecting much more from this hotel.

I went down for dinner at 6pm the restaurant was freezing cold. I ordered mushroom soup and roast chicken.
The waitress firstly brought me the wrong starter so I sent it back. She then brought me veg soup which I just accepted coz I was cold and hungry. The soup was very over seasoned far too much pepper in it.
The chicken took ages to arrive after the starter. The chicken was ok. But overall I wasn't very impressed by the meal.
I had a very restless night due to the noise from the function. The next morning the lift wasn't working so I had to carry my case down the stairs apparently someone hadn't closed the door fully on ground floor.

The breakfast was better than the dinner. There was lots of choice of hot and cold foods. I didn't eat much but what I had was lovely and you could get your monies worth from the selection of foods.

At check out the lady asked if I had enjoyed my stay but didn't seem to bothered by my complaints.

I recently stayed in hotel ibis in London stratford which was only a two star hotel and I found that hotel much better than this one was.

Overall I did not enjoy my stay at all. I won't be booking this hotel next time I fly from manchester which is regularly.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Handforth hotels

Thornton Cleveleys, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

How can a hotel as lovely as this not have wifi in the rooms! Beautiful hotel, faultless dining but no wifi. It's not the end of the world but a bit disappointing. My child's bed was really uncomfortable too!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Emma W
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

Have not long since come home from a "relaxing, indulgent"spa day at the Hallmark Hotel in manchester. It was anything but! This spa day was bought for me as a birthday present and my friend who bought it was very dissapointed as was I. The pool was a glorified swimming baths with children having their lessons, sunloungers were approx 4, sauna and steamrooms were too small and the overall decor was shabby. The floor was dirty and all in all needed a good deep down clean. The changing room was shabby also and needed a new coat of paint and modernising. The shower curtains were just about hanging on the rail. Two hairdryers were not enough. I would not go again. It is a shame as so much money has been spent on the hotel but obviously nothing on the spa area. Im not sure in light of this if i would even want to stay at the hotel. The afternoon tea however was lovely.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank christinestonier
Parga, Greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

We booked an overnight stay whilst attending a family party. The location was great for everyone travelling and the rates were very good, cheaper than a taxi. Car park was very busy due to flooded areas.

Reception were quick and efficient. Our room was on the ground floor, we could smell smoke in the corridor but luckily not in our room. Room was nice, great shower, lovely toiletries, nice flat screen tv but very cold. We turned on the radiator and drew the curtains and it soon warmed up (single glazed draughty window).

We we went for a swim, spa area was a bit grim but ok for a one off. Party was lovely, nice room, great staff and quick service, food was lovely, drinks a bit pricey.

We didn't have breakfast as it was buffet style and we don't queue for food so we planned to stop off at a lovely Italian cafe we know on the way home.

Check out was a bit chaotic long queues at 11 am so try to check out earlier. All in all a great hotel for an overnight stay.

Room Tip: Ground floor was great for us popping to spa.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LindaGregory, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Manchester, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank your taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at Hallmark Hotel Manchester. It was great to hear you enjoyed your time with us and enjoyed the event you attended and found your accommodation to your liking.

Kind regards

Linda
Prestatyn, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

We went (7) of us for my best freinds hen night - we did the bed breakfast and evening party with free spa treatment. The rooms were lovely and spotless the spa really does need updating, the pool was lovely but there are no chairs to sit at the side of the pool and the changing rooms need painting. We had the party night and the food was good, smallish portions though. We saw Fake That or whatever they were called (excellent singing voices, but looked nothing like them, nor could they dance) but that is not the hotels fault. we had a great time, drinks a bit pricey, but they are in all hotels. breakfast next morning was hot and plentiful. On the whole for £95 including a free massage - I thought it was brilliant and would not hesitate to go again

Room Tip: the higher you go the warmer it is in the room
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank jaynetownson
Dear guest,

Thank your review. It was a pleasure to read you enjoyed your time at the hotel and found the party night and spa treatment enjoyable . I do hope you will bear us in mind for future visits.
Once again thank you for your time

Kind regards

Linda
Also consider these accommodations in or near Handforth
Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel
Mottram Hall
#1 of 1 in Mottram St. Andrew
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,394 reviews
Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel

Been to Hallmark Hotel Manchester? Share your experiences!