“Nice Break”

Hallmark Hotel Manchester
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Handforth
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Had realy nice stay at the hotel with my wife, Nice welcome at reception just what was needed after being stuck in traffic,pleasent clean room,nice relaxing bar.
Have realy nice meal in the restaurant waitress was realy freindly and had good knowledge of the menu.
We both used the health club the following day and found the staff again very freindly and shown us all the thhings we could use, Pool was nice and big for a hotel pool and had a nice relax in the sauna and steam.
Overall a great stay and would come back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank matthew s
There are newer reviews for Hallmark Hotel Manchester

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I've stayed many times, great service, great rooms, lovely food and very close to the airport.

It's a lot better than a Premier Inn, I use those a lot to!

There is always room for improvement and I can relate to some of the posts raised, it would be great to see some of the points put to bed on e and for all!

I'm back before Christmas, so I will have a good look :)

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Yorkshire77
LindaGregory, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to share such an excellent review on your recent stay at the hotel. We do of course always strive to improve our offering to guest, and do hope you will enjoy your forthcoming visit just as much with us.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

The hotel was booked for a 2 day training course - a large training room and a room for me to stay overnight as the trainer running the course. Firstly, the training room had been booked out to another client on the evening between the two days' training I was running. This meant I had to re-set the training room at 7am on the second training day (as the course was starting at 8am on day two) and the floor of the entire room was covered in confetti, sweets that had been thrown around by previous groups booked into the room and general previous bookings debris.

Then there was the bedroom. Windows that didn't fit and (as on the flight path to Manchester airport) an extreme loud rattle every time the wind blew or a plane went over. Not double glazed and very blackened and grubby all around the old-fashioned metal window frames. Stained and un-laundered curtains. My outlook was over a filthy and debris-strewn back of hotel kitchen with a fan whirring incredibly loudly all night long. There was a price list in pride of place telling me how much any item would be charged to my card if I 'took' anything from the room - starting at £16 for a studiously ugly cup and saucer I wouldn't dream of giving house-room. I ordered room service for my evening meal. It was delivered without a serviette or cutlery (okay - so it was only a steak sandwich and salad, but I did expect at least a knife and fork, if only for the salad...?) The cloth covering the tray was the only option as a serviette. It uncovered a grimy, gritty, dirty tray (which was no wonder they chose to cover with a cloth!) No salt and pepper or anything to accentuate my evening meal as a culinary experience.

There is a brilliant Premier Inn at Heald Green about 2 miles from the Hallmark Hotel. If I ever have the misfortune of running a training session there again, I will not stay at the hotel but will book the Premier Inn for a reasonably priced, clean and comfortable night's sleep and a great restaurant. Never again at the Hallmark.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 2, 2013

A friend puchased a "spa" break for the two of us for my 40th birthday and all i can say is this is not a spa break as i know it ! It was like a local manky swimming pool with a jacuzzi ,sauna,steam room all filthy and past their best and a few cheap plastic garden chairs scattered around , no robes provided or refreshments and to access the pool you had to walk out of the hotel and across the carpark and get changed in a dirty cramped changing area !! the bedrooms were pleasant at 1dt look and readobably clean however about 40degrees so far too uncomfortable needless to say no sleep the window can be opened wide but if you do that you have the noise of the disco untill 2am and a lovely stench from the roof which is your view full of fag butts and broken pieces of wood which have fell of the totting windows !! We were in 425 and when we said about the heat the receptionist said yeah we always get complaints from the upper floors !!!! overall a bit of a disaster and i am not normally the type to write or compain but would hate anyone else to waste their money ..on a plus note young staff who brought room service were lovely and food not bad at all

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank nicknkarl

Thank you for your review. It was disappointing to read you did not like the hotel and I do feel the majority of your comments are unfair and out of context. The health club and spa is far different from a municipal swimming pool and we do believe the facilities are of a very good standard. I do hope guests planning a stay at the hotel will take note of the may positive posts regarding the hotel and Health club which are more represent of what we offer.
Thank you for you kind comments regarding food and staff it was good to read you enjoyed this.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We booked a 'spa experience'for my daugheter + I it was ruined by the fact that there was no spa just a filhty old pool area with a grotty jacuzzi that had black mould growing around the walls + tiles. The sauna + steam were tiny but we didn't use any facilities there as it was so dirty and the changing area was worse ! The lift to the rooms is broken we had to carry our luggage upstairs! The hotel room was in need of repair + was cold the curtain was dirty . The staff however were good + food was good .

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for your comments.
I do feel the content of your review is disappointing and I am sorry you did not enjoy your visit with us. However, I do feel the comments are out of context. The pool is a 20m pool, highly maintained, the sauna and steam room are standard fit the sauna being less than 12 months old. The area is closely monitored for cleanliness and health and safety regulations followed stringently. The hotel again is well maintained and comfortable to 4 star standards.
I do hope future guests will take note of the many constructive and positive comments other reviews contain.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I stayed in the hallmark Saturday 30th November. It was booked by my kids as an anniversary present, once we arrived at the hotel we were told we had to pay! It was NOT stated at all in the confirmation email my daughter received that you are entering g your card details for a reservation NOT the actually room. What a joke! Once we had paid we went to the room which was nice however we never slept because of the wedding underneath us and all the guests singing back to their rooms at 2am, we were clearly out in the middle of all the party guests. Not impressed and could have been avoided by staff. The spa was nice and the restraint was brilliant cannot fault the food. Drinks were a tad pricey tho! The hotel looks different on the website to the real thing, it's not as modern as the website it's actually quite old looking but oh well. At the end of the day most of my problems with the hotel could have been avoided and I don't believe the hotel is 4* at all.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I do apologise you were unaware that a credit card is taken as guarantee only. This is standard procedure and guests are told this on booking. I am sorry if this was not the case and will speak to my reservations about this. I apologise that you were disturbed by other guests. We do try to eliminate this happening on occasions when it does occur. Please be assured the hotel is 4star. We have very recently just had our review from the AA and are in the high end scoring of 4 star standards.

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely stay here, sadly my shower didnt work. no problems the moved my room! evening meal very good and breakfast very nice. a little gem which i will use again .
beds were massive and comfy and rooms big!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Handforth
Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Hallmark Inn Manchester South
Hallmark Inn Manchester South
#71 of 119 in Manchester
Premier Inn Manchester (Handforth) Hotel
Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport

Been to Hallmark Hotel Manchester? Share your experiences!