“Don't do it!”

Hallmark Hotel Manchester
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Handforth
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We booked a night stay for park and drive to airport. If you want sleep before you travel then do not stay here. We were flying long-haul and had to get up very early in the morning and wanted to get an early night. Unfortunately I did not get a wink of sleep the hotel had a wedding and a prom on and the music was ridiculously loud we were two floors up from the party and I thought I was in the room. Then when the party finished at 1am there was a constant stream of loud drunk people talking and shouting outside. I will never return here not a good start to our holiday !

There are newer reviews for Hallmark Hotel Manchester

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed overnight at this hotel for an early morning flight from Manchester airport. We were dealt with by Lisa who was very pleasant, courteous and efficient. We has booked through Holiday Extras, and the treat that we had been offered (champagne and strawberries) were not in our room. When we went back to reception and spoke to Lisa again, it turned out there had been a mistake with the code Holiday Extras had booked us under. As soon as Lisa saw our confirmation email, the champagne and strawberries were delivered to our room within 15 minutes. Great service!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Carol151
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for my daughters hen doo, spa & party night! Rooms lovely & modern but to warm! Party nite 70's & 80's really good, good dj, good tunes & nice two course meal, drinks expensive but to be expected! Staff all great! Brilliant for a nights stay! Just to let people no the spa doesn't belong to the hotel they are separate concerns! This was good too, mimi pedicure really nice, & pool & jacuzzi nice! Overall a brilliant weekend at the hallmark hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
LindaGregory, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear guest ,

Thank you for such a great posative review . It was wonderful to read you enjoyed your daughters hen party event night and were happy with all elements of your stay and packages.

I do hope you will bear us in mind for a future visit, and good look with the rest of your wedding arrangements .

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Travelling on business I just wanted a quiet good nights sleep. When I realise there was a prom and a wedding with competing discos the hotel was anything but quiet. When I complained to the reception they said they would look for an alternative room. A staff member arranged for a room on the 4th floor, away from the noise and even arranged for my luggage to be moved whilst I ate dinner. I was warned there maybe noise from the car park however I heard nothing.
When I went in for dinner I realised the menu did not cater well for vegetarians. I spoke to the waiter who arranged for a vegetarian meal to be made especially for me (at a reasonable price). Again at breakfast, when I asked for vegetarian sausage the waitress spoke to the kitchen and 5 minutes later 2 x veggie sausages arrived!
So as my title says, great staff!!
The room was as to be expected for the price, clean and functional. Nice size tv, funky tea cups in the room!

Dear guest ,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review on your recent stay with us. Your kind comments regarding the team will be passed on .

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Taking up a Birthday Present voucher, we visited Hallmark Hotel for Afternoon Tea. Approaching the entrance a concierge was outside smoking in uniform not a good advert. We went into the lounge bar , where the lighting was dismal, no ambiance at all. There was a weeding reception on, so rather noisy, poor acoustics.

Member of staff was very helpful, made us some tea and placed the order, 35 mins later the Afternoon Tea arrived on a Tiered display. A range of white and brown sandwiches, cheese, ham & egg. Some had the crusts off, poor quality bread, and the fillings were very skimpy and poor quality, rather disappointing.

Scone was warm served with jam & cream, very good. Cakes were well presented and good.

But overall for the price very disappointing,food quality fair, nobody followed up if everything was OK.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Potamus_13

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Overall price for overnight stay and carparking on site very reasonable. Taxi to and from airport was included in the price and was effortless ( @ 10/15 mins ). Staff were extremely welcoming and the 3 course meal for £20 was really good value. Will definitely use it again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hinch_ti
LindaGregory, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments on your recent park and fly package you booked with us. It was good to hear we ticked all your boxes and that the package suited all your requirements . Thank you for your kind comments on the staff also and for commenting on how much you enjoyed your dinner with us.

linda

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed here over a weekend, booking 2 rooms for 2 nights and felt I had got a good rate. We arrived after 10pm on the Friday evening however I had phoned ahead to check the hotel booking was in place and found they had booked only one person in each room but this simple change was not a problem as our rate was room only.
It was quite easy to find and we arrived to a large car park which was very full. The only spaces were where others had parked just over 2 bays so not left room for another vehicle. This was an issue as we negotiated our way around a packed car parking before following someone else's idea of parking where we shouldn't which narrowed the through road for other car park users but we had no choice. After a long journey as wheel as a day at work we could have done without this fiasco.
We were greeted by the receptionist who was efficient, helpful and friendly, can't ask for more than that. She advised us how we could reach the stadium tomorrow for an event we were attending using local transport and looked up time tables. After we decided to use a taxi instead she booked it for us for 8am. Excellent.
We stayed in rooms 418 and 420 which we reached by one of the most violent lifts I have ever used! We took the stairs the rest of the weekend. The rooms were clean and of a good size with tea and coffee, hair dryer, ironing board and iron and complimentary toiletries. Our rooms both faced onto the car park which is where the problem was. There was a prom night in full swing which continued until 1am with the accompanying music and noise of people enjoying themselves. The event looked great if you were looking for an event venue I would say give this place a try but it's not helpful when you just want to have a good nights sleep. We tried having the window closed but there is no air con so we couldn't cope with the heat.
The other problem reared its ugly head at 5am when I was woken by car doors banging and a Diesel engine cab waiting outside. This is close to the airport and offers airport parking so understandably people arrive and depart at all hours unfortunately this didn't help me sleep.
I wouldn't say it spoilt my weekend as we went for concert at the Etihad which was incredible but I would have liked more sleep than I got. We got back from the concert as the Saturday nights event of another prom or a wedding was finishing so no noise from that but it was the same through the night again with banging car doors and engines.
Overall it's a nice hotel, it's clean, the staff were friendly, just not good for sleeping which is a core part of the hotel business, providing a good nights sleep! I feel disappointed at having to say anything bad as one of our favourite hotels is the Hallmark at Hull and I think I expected the same. It would be fair to say they cater for a slightly different market so if it suits your needs don't hesitate to stay but if your after great sleep this is not the place.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review. It was good to read that on the whole you enjoyed your stay with us and liked our facilities. My apologies you struggled with the car park slightly. It is unfortunate when guest do not take other users into consideration when parking. I do apologise you were disturbed by guests attending the functions, we do try and allocate to the best of our ability.

Thank you also for your kind comments on one of our sister hotels Hallmark Hull it was good to read you have enjoyed staying there in the past.

linda

Linda Gregory

Also consider these accommodations in or near Handforth
Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel
Hallmark Inn Manchester South
Hallmark Inn Manchester South
#71 of 120 in Manchester
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Premier Inn Manchester (Handforth) Hotel
Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport

Been to Hallmark Hotel Manchester? Share your experiences!