“Lovely day out with the girls!”

Hallmark Hotel Manchester
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Handforth
“Lovely day out with the girls!”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I visited last week as it was my sisters birthday so we treated her to a spa day. We arrived in the morning and enjoyed a lovely breakfast and then had a treatment in the beauty room. All the girls were very professional and we all enjoyed our treatments. We relaxed in the spa pool, steam room and sauna... The pool is a good size too. The changing room was lovely and warm and they provided towels, hair dryer, soap and moisturiser so no need to bring loads of stuff.
The three course lunch was excellent value and I would definitely like to go back. I thought the location was good. :-)

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank 1sailorgirl
LindaGregory, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Manchester, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Wow! thank you for such a wonderful review . It is always great to hear when people have been pleased with all aspects of there visit so thank you for your feedback , which will be shared with the team.

Please do bear us in mind when visiting the area again
Kind regards

Linda
Linda Gregory

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 9, 2012

During the night the electricity supply was cut a number of times. Such an event would not normally affect me as I tend to sleep at night time. However every time the electricity was restored the TV would turn its self on. Even though we switched the TV off a number of times (via the remote), the TV would switch on again once there was another disruption in power.

The TV was not set up as its manufacturer would have advised. The buttons at the front of the TV did not work so you could not switch the power off at the device. Neither could you unplug the TV at the wall as all wiring was “boxed away”. Consequently I was woken half a dozen times throughout the night by the TV coming on.

The attitude of the General Manager and the Financial Director of the company has been absolutely disgusting! They washed their hands of the whole affair. They tried to say that the electricity company was responsible for the TV turning off and on. When I got a reply from the electricity company (that spoke a lot of sense) and forwarded their response to the Financial Director I was told that Hallmark’s position had not changed and will not engage in future dialogue!

They took the money and run! Terrible terrible terrible customer service!

Room Tip: If you want to be treated with respect do not stay here!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hallmark_is_Rubbish
Dear Guest ,
We have dealt with your feedback on numerous occasions both at the hotel and our head office team. I do believe we have been fair and courteus in our response and at no time was any lack of customer service shown in what was a trying and difficult situation.
Once again my apologies you were disturbed by a power cut caused locally that was out of our control.

Kind Regards

Linda

Linda Gregory

Travelers are raving about these Handforth hotels

Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

We have just returned from a 2 day stay at Hallmark. We booked through last minute on a secret hotel, which we have done on many occasion and have never been disappointed until now! Described as a 4* luxury spa hotel with 4 million pound makeover ........ I would like to know where! The hotel reception was very nice but that is where it ended. The lift would not work if the person using it previously did not close it properly and having my mother who is nearly 80 having to walk 4 flights of stairs was a bit much, you would expect a 4* hotel to have a modern lift. The rooms were very basic and old fashioned but they were clean which was the main plus for the hotel. It took 20 minutes to run a bath as no water pressure and gave up on the shower! Breakfast was very nicely presented with great choice but was stone cold and none of us could eat it! My sister in law had a necklace go missing and when we reported it to reception, she just shrugged as if it was a normal occurance and said she would check if the cleaners saw it on the dressing table. Still not received a call back from 8.30 this morning! On the whole, does not with stand a 4* rating, 2/3 would be more appropriate. Will not be returning!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Liz W
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Just returned from a lovely over night stay at this hotel. We were in a double room which was spacious and clean. As we went on a spa break we had a massage which was great, so relaxing and the masseurs were lovely! We then used the gym, swimming pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzz. All were clean, pool was extremely chlorinated though!

We enjoyed a plate of tapas in the bar and then an evening meal later on. Both were lovely, couldnt complain.

We had the breakfast in the morning, this again was great and had lots of choice!

Overall, i had an enjoyable stay, good facilities, great food and a lovely massage. Staff were very friendly and helpful! Fab timee!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank SumHoliday
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights for business,and was really disappointed - it is a typical 70's hotel although the entrance has been renovated to try and give it a more up to date feel, my room was ok - bathroom very small and I had a metal framed window in the bedroom that did not close properly, the metal clasp was very loose and so the room was cold. I needed the extra blanked on the bed. I could not get the water more than luke warm and when I am away I like to relax in a hot bath, but the water was not hot enough to bathe in, the shower was ok not steaming hot, but warm enough if you were quick.
The first night I just had a bar snack - food ok - I informed the lady on reception the next morning about the water and cold room and she said she would send someone up to have a look at it, my colleague also reported the water problem .
A chap checked the water and said all was fine - second night - water still lukewarm and room cold so I asked for a heater - which was brought to my room. - My meal in the restaurant the second night was dire - although the staff were rushed they tried - but just little things like when the starters were cleared away a couple of muscle shells were left on the table and were not even cleared away after the main course! - my main course should have been pan fried chicken and bacon - well it came in a pan with gravy and bits of floating chicken and mushrooms by this point I was too weary to moan again.............
It also transpired that the water problem was because on the back of the tap there was a small clip/button that you turned to turn up the water - but three of the reception staff and the maintenance chap did not tell me (or did they not know how to adjust the water temperature,) I assume the hotel sets the water to lukewarm to save money??? and it was my colleague who found the clip on the tap!
However, the conference facilities were good - the chap who looked after us all was excellent food arrived on time and the buffet each lunchtime was great - no complaints there at all, but overall the hotel is not one I would go and stay in again if I was in the Manchester area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Lancashire
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We used the Hallmark as a night before a flight stop-over and were very impressed. Arrived early evening but did not have a meal, though would another time as menu looked very good. everything was pre-paid so check-in was very smooth and receptionist gave us a quiet room as we were up quite early next morning. Room was excellent, comfortable and quiet as promised. Had breakfast which was very good and plenty of it. reception called for taxi to airport while we parked the car round the back of the hotel. Will definitely use again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bayviewLancashire
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I am left feeling very confused about this hotel. The welcome and service by the staff during our 2 night stay was great - friendly and helpful, however the hotel itself and the room quality was nothing more than average.

Check in was great, the front desk girl was lovely and our room seemed nice, sheets were clean as was the bathroom.

Noise in the corridors went on until all hours, you can hear everything and there was a wedding party going on in the main function room on our first night (and we don't go to bed early!) which meant a lot of noise outside our room door.

The shower did not work at all - too hot, too cold and zero pressure, just a dribble. It was awful and luckily we live in Manchester so on our 2nd morning we left without using the shower it was that bad / useless. The lower spotlights in the bathroom also didn't switch off - but they were so bright and the bathroom door is frosted glass, so we had to block them off by piling things in front of them.

Windows are single glazed, not the best for a hotel so close to the airport.

Breakfast was great, a wide selection though they could do with serving later on Sundays.

Check out was slow, but again the girl on the desk was friendly and polite.

All in all, if you expect an average hotel this will not disappoint, however I would not choose to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bobs_head
Also consider these accommodations in or near Handforth
Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel
#71 of 116 in Manchester
Mottram Hall
Mottram Hall
#1 of 1 in Mottram St. Andrew

Been to Hallmark Hotel Manchester? Share your experiences!