“A great spa break with friends!”

Hallmark Hotel Manchester
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Handforth
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“A great spa break with friends!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel was booked by friends for my hen party. There were 16 of us who were staying for a bit of a pamper,themed evening with buffet style meal. On arriving I was unsure about the hotel from first glance as it isn't the most attractive looking hotel, however i was impressed by the hotel interior as it is very stylish. The reception staff were very helpful and our party had no problems checking in. It was booked through spa breaks.com which had a package price for a treatment each and use of the spa facilities including the themed Motown evening buffet bed and breakfast.
In terms of value or money I can't complain. The spa is nice, I wouldn't say lovely but it has the basics. If you were coming for just use of the spa facilities then it's just nice. I would just advise you bring a robe with you as you have to walk outside the hotel to a separate building to get in the spa.
The hotel rooms were lovely and clean,nobody from our party had any complaints about the rooms. The venue room was tastefully decorated and the buffet and entertainment was great. I really enjoyed staying over at the hallmark for my hen party, it was great value for money.

1 Thank laura n

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Merseyside
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Stayed here with 5 friends for a bit of a pamper. We all had treatment, nails massages etc and a lovely swim and sauna. After treatments we were offered tapas, which we all enjoyed. At night time we all enjoyed a lovely 3 course dinner and drinks. Our rooms were lovely, the staff were helpful and we had all had a excellent chill out! Breakfast also delicious.

1 Thank Ernie05
hereford
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed here night before flying out for honeymoon. I booked this as a secret hotel. Had a great price & I noted we were on honeymoon. Easy to find, sat nav & signage. Plenty of parking. Check in was easy. We noted red sparkle hearts on our room key & found we had been upgraded to a suite & had a card & chocolates in the room! The room was spacious & very clean, had to call for more t-bags but were there within minutes. Restaurant was lovely & the food brilliant, very well presented also.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lily-hfd
Reviewed September 19, 2012

There are never enough people at the front desk, every time I have to stay at this hotel checking in takes more than 15 minutes, this is because they never increase the number of staff behind the desk for busy periods. This is made even more infuriating as members of staff are wondering around not thinking to help.

The rooms do not have wifi despite all neighboring (and cheaper) hotels having so, neither do they have shaver charging sockets (is this medieval times?) and instead of nice duvets they have smelly blankets.

Last night I checked into this hotel (nothing else was available) waited 20 mins to get a key card, and when I went to my room it stank. The shower curtain was so smelly I felt sick, when nothing was done to remedy this I handed my keys back and refused to stay there.

Quite frankly i would have slept on a park bench than spent a night at the Hallmark, the manager of this place should be ashamed of him/her self.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Humperdinc

Travelers are raving about these Handforth hotels

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2012

we stayed here the night before we went on holiday,the room was clean and spacious and the gymn was free to guests which, was also very well equipped.we had a meal in the hotel bistro which was also nice and good value,has we had an early morning flight we did not have any breakfast and has part of the package it included return taxis who was there on time both ways,i would definitly do the package again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My partner and I stayed here over night with the summer sizzler deal, a double room, 3 course meal and breakfast the next day included in the price. If you book treatments in the spa next door and pre-book you get 10% discount too !

I can honestly say I had no complaints. The hotel isn't an over the top luxury place but it is very clean, presentable and has a nice atmosphere. The staff are friendly and professional and the food is EXCELLENT ! I had the spicy soup, lamb and hallmark chocolate dessert and these were beautiful. My partner had the shellfish starter, lamb and chocolate dessert and loved them also.

There were a few noises in the night which sounded like hairdryers but I think they were aeroplanes, but it didn't disturb us. We had a problem with our T.V and before we'd returned from dinner it had been fixed :)

We used the gym which was well equipped and also had massages. I had a manicure and my partner had a revitalising foot treatment - we were very very happy with the treatments we received and would have them again 10 x over. 3 Days later my nails are still looking beautiful...

Over all a great overnight break, comfy beds, great food, lovely people and a very smooth stay. Would recommend this place to anyone !

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2012

we stayed here as part of a spa package, we had a great weekend, room was spotless and more than adquate. the spa treatments where great and lesuire facilities. We had evening meal here and it was excellant, with plenty of cholice and all the meals where presented beautiful (la carte).
All 6 of us where impressed and have booked to go back in december with more friends. would definatley recomend

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Handforth
Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Etrop Grange
Etrop Grange
#66 of 118 in Manchester

Been to Hallmark Hotel Manchester? Share your experiences!