Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Handforth
“Very Good”
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Nice rooms, great restaurant and friendly attentive staff. The restaurant has a varied menu and comprehensive wine list to suit all tastes and budgets

Very close to Manchester Airport and no problem at all for an early departure

Ample free car parking

Will certainly stay here again

Stayed July 2014
John_Scott_Pinewood, General Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your positive Trip Advisor comment in regards to your overall experience at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow.

It gives me great pleasure in reading such positive feedback and that you found every aspect of your customer journey one to remember for all of the right reasons.

Thank you again and I will certainly communicate your positive feedback to my Team.

John Scott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 7, 2014

why anyone could want or expect more from a hotel is beyond my understanding, this hotel is exceptional and gives excellent value for money,the staff are well trained and switched on to the modern guest, the whole experience was only for one night but what a little gem, eat in the restaurant its better than the bistros in the area and half the price, our room was a cracker and very very up to date with its outlay, get on the mailing list for special offers and book in you wont be disappointed and check out the the outside area its brilliant ,thanks to emma for putting up with me when I booked ,my name is mr fussy , I think they wont want me back though !

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Phillip

I’m so pleased that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay at the Hotel and that you found my Team well trained and switched on.

Berwick upon Tweed, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 7, 2014

My wife and I spent a weekend at the Pinewood and had a fabulous time there. We received a very warm reception and were impressed with the friendly and attentive service from everyone. The very spacious room overlooking the garden was appointed to a really high standard. One of the highlights was spending a few hours in the sun relaxing in the beautiful gardens with a bottle of chilled champaign - doesn't get any better! We'll definitely be back soon....

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

It gives me great pleasure to read such kind feedback and I’m so pleased that you could enjoy our wonderful gardens which are an added bonus for guests when the sun is shining.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I visited for a night as a relaxing treat for our wedding anniversary. Staff were friendly and attentive which was nice. The food was outstanding and presented very well so hats off to the chef! My only niggle is that the balcony room is not very private as it over looks the road and also if you think booking it means u can sit on the balcony with a glass of champers and a cigarette then no! You are not allowed to smoke on your balcony which I found ridiculous! They are large balconies on the 1st floor with no rooms above you so I don't really understand why smoking would be an issue. Also the balcony door doesn't stay open so on a hot night in a room with no air con is no fun! Nice hotel but for the money we paid I personally think it's slightly over priced :-/ pleasant stay but very disappointed that we couldn't relax on our balcony with our champers and a cigarette :-(

• Stayed July 2014
John_Scott_Pinewood, General Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Shelly

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor comment in regards to your overall experience at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow.

I’m so pleased that you found my Team friendly and attentive and that you enjoyed your dining experience in Restaurant One Eighty.

I fully appreciate your comments in respect to the Balcony Bedrooms. I am addressing the situation with the external door not being able to be kept open to let some air into the bedroom, restrictors and a cabin hook will be fitted over the next few weeks so that the door can be left open to a certain degree if needs be.

I made the decision to make the balcony’s a non-smoking area mainly due to the concern of the smoke drifting into the bedroom once the cabin hooks have been fitted. Fire Safety is also something which I reviewed when making this decision and I wanted to eliminate any fire risk to this area.

Thank you again and I do apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Scotland
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Everything about our stay was perfect. Polite friendly efficient reception staff, the same with bar and restaurant staff who came over as genuinely interested and caring. Beautifully landscaped garden and an immaculate beautiful room. Our meal in the restaurant didn't disappoint either. My only niggle is that those modish 'deep fry baskets' for serving fish and chips really are a pain to eat from. The Pinewood is certainly first choice next time we are in the area.

• Stayed July 2014
John_Scott_Pinewood, General Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your positive feedback in regards to your overall experience at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow.

I will certainly communicate your kind comments to my Team.

I do apologise that you found it rather difficult to eat your Fish & Chips when served in a basket, I will discuss your comments with my Head Chef who in turn will review how this dish is presented.

Thank you again.

Workington, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We stayed here two weeks ago for just one night before we went to turkey. the hotel was lovely. the night porter who was also on reception checked us in and was fantastic. he was so helpful. we were leaving at 5am in the morning so we coudnt have breakfast so he offered to made tea and toast for us before we went. he was a credit to your hotel. we parked the car up for 1 week and the hotel arranged a taxi to and from the airport at £30 cost which was great. i would definetly use this hotel again. i work myself for best western and im proud to be part of their team. thanks again

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
John_Scott_Pinewood, General Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review in regards to your overall experience at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow.

It gives me great pleasure to read such positive feedback and I will certainly communicate your kind words to my Team.

Thank you again.

John Scott
Also consider these accommodations in or near Handforth
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Premier Inn Manchester (Handforth) Hotel
Hallmark Hotel Manchester
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (Heald Green) Hotel

Been to Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel? Share your experiences!