“Work nearly finished...”

Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Handforth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Stayed for the night, to catch an early flight. When I noticed that I'd miss breakfast as would be checking out early, the lovely waitress brought me fruit & yogurt to keep for my breakfast. Much appreciated! Room cosy for a single traveller & although hotel having a refurb didn't detract from the fantastic service. Will definitely stay again

• Stayed March 2014
John_Scott_Pinewood, Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments regards to your overall experience at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay even though the Hotel is going through a major refurbishment.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future once the refurbishment is complete.

I will certainly communicate your kind words to my team.

East Yorks
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Stayed one night and ate dinner in the restaurant. The staff were helpful and friendly, particularly in the restaurant. The food was delicious. While we stayed, the main restaurant was closed and had temporarily moved to the 1st floor but the hotel had tried hard to make this a pleasant environment. Bed was medium softness and I found it very comfortable. I'd booked an Executive Room to get a larger bed, and it was reasonably spacious but with a four-poster bed and no desk, it really wasn't 'executive', more 'honeymoon'! The bathroom was dated but spotlessly clean and equipped with everything we needed, including toiletries.

My only real niggle is that there's no aircon - pretty normal for a UK hotel - but there's no opening windows either so the room was horribly stuffy in the night. I felt the hotel was a little overpriced compared to others in the area. I paid 81 gbp for a night without breakfast but it should be more like 65 gbp.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
John_Scott_Pinewood, Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank your for your feedback regarding your stay at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow.

I will certainly communicate your kind words with my team.

I appreciate your concerns regarding the air-con this is something we may look into in the future and we are dealing with the situation regarding the window.

York UK
Reviewed March 23, 2014

It was ideally placed for an overnight stay before flying out of Manchester airport. We were warned that the hotel was undergoing a modernisation programme but can honestly say that this did not interfere with us in anyway. The breakfast was one of the best that we have encountered in the UK and Giovanni's service in the restaurant was first class.
We had taken the train to the airport and used Arrow cars to take us to and from the hotel. Again their service was first rate and reasonably priced.
We walked into Handforth and ate at the Indian restaurant who offer an excellent meal for £10 99 on Tuesday evenings.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
John_Scott_Pinewood, General Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Dear Trish

Thank you for your positive review on Trip Advisor in regards to your recent stay at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow.

I will certainly communicate your kind words to my Team, especially Giovanni who looked after you so well.

osmotherley
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Booked by telephone staff member very helpful and informative.
room very clean and quite, warm and welcoming
all the staff we met very polite and helpful Russell the breakfast waiter first class food excellent good selection on menu we had bed breakfast and evening meal .
EXCELLENT VALUE FOR THE MONEY. thank you to all the staff
would highly recommend this hotel to anyone

Room Tip: room 245 we stayed in was lovely
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
John_Scott_Pinewood, Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear David,

Thank you for your kind words regards to your overall experience at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

I will certainly communicate your positive feedback to my Team especially Russell.

North Yorkshire
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We have used, and still do, Manchester airport quite regularly and with age or is it experience, stopped the mad dash over the M62 at 4 am, instead extending our holiday by a day and using Park and Stay.

However, if you were looking for a Park and Stay at Manchester Airport you certainly wouldn't choose this for hotel for its location, but you would be so wrong on that score and all the other aspects.

Parking was easy, our spot was directly opposite the front entrance. The hotel is near the airport, but not on the flight path, such that with our window wide open we slept like tots. Transfers were arranged by the hotel and went like clockwork.

Finally the food. We all know what airport hotel catering can be like, staff rushed off their feet trying to make excuses for the standard of food, well not at the Pinewood. Our dinner was excellent, the staff relaxed and the bottle of wine pretty good as well.

As far as the "Stay away" and "not be coming again" comment. I would reply as follows. We found this hotel to be friendly, welcoming, our room was immaculately clean, the food was cooked not microwaved, the wine very acceptable and our sleep undisturbed.

May I suggest Woody next time you visit the UK, if there is a next time, you bring a tent and oh yes a map!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
John_Scott_Pinewood, General Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear George

Thank you for your positive review that you have recently posted on Trip Advisor in regards to your overall experience at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow.

It gives me great pleasure to read such wonderful words and that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay even though the Hotel is going through a major refurbishment.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

I will certainly communicate your positive feedback to my Team.

Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2014

when we booked a weekend break we were informed that major alterations were ongoing. if we had not been told we would not have known as everything was discreet.
It was excellent value for money. The staff including the manager could not have been more helpful or friendly.
The evening meal was excellent and the breakfast of the same high standard.
will return when the major refit is complete.
The hotel is ideally placed for Manchester airport and has several National Trust Properties in the vicinity.

Room Tip: all rooms appear to be quite when major refurbishment is complete try for a luxury room
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
John_Scott_Pinewood, Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2014

John Scott
Also consider these accommodations in or near Handforth
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Premier Inn Manchester (Handforth) Hotel
Hallmark Hotel Manchester
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
The Stanneylands
The Stanneylands
#4 of 5 in Wilmslow
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport

Been to Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel? Share your experiences!