Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Handforth
London, United Kingdom
“DO NOT BOOK!”
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

We were warned about building works ahead of time so banging in the morning, although annoying, was expected. What wasn't expected was a teen disco until past 1AM, complete with loud music, fighting, and kids 'getting to know each other' in the lobby. A breakfast was offered around the time the hammers started but by then our whole group was exhausted. No compensation was offered. Tired rooms and staff with bad attitudes completed a terrible stay. Don't book here!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Adsharrison
John_Scott_Pinewood, General Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Mr Harrison

Thank you for your recent review regards to your overall experience at BEST WESETRN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow.

I understand that my Revenue Manager Laura Eastham called you to discuss your concerns in more detail. I have discussed your comments with my Night Manager who was on duty the night you and your band arrived back to the Hotel from playing in a concert at 12.45 am whereby you experienced the music from the 18th Birthday Party for around 15 minutes when the music finished at 1am. My Night Manager also mentioned to me that there was no fights, so I’m not sure where this comment has come from.

Hannah on Reception in the morning did offer you and your band a complimentary breakfast as you were on a room only basis as a gesture of good will whereby some of the band members accepted Hannah’s offer.

Please do contact me at the Hotel if you would like to discuss your concerns in more detail.

I do apologise for the inconvenience caused on this occasion.

Thank you.

General Manger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Carnforth
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stayed at the Pinewood Hotel on my birthday in December before jetting off to Lanzarote, it had been recommended to us and is the sister hotel to the Castle Green in Kendal which we have stayed at many times. The check in was quick and our taxi for the airport was confirmed for the following morning, we were on a park and fly deal which I booked early in the year so paid only £72.00 for the overnight stay and 15 days parking with transfers to and from the airport. We had a lovely, quiet room overlooking the garden, we had been upgraded as I am a Best Western card holder. The room was lovely, with flat screen TV, tea/coffee, large comfy bed, good sized bathroom with powerful shower. We had lunch at the hotel which was lovely and then went for a walk, not much about but we only wanted some fresh air before dinner. The evening meal we had in the restaurant was excellent, compliments to the chef, and made my birthday all the better. The taxi arrived spot on time and took only 15mins to get to departures, it was so much better than having to drive from where we live and park at the airport and we got an extra 2 hours in bed and arrived stress free ready to jet off on holiday. On arrival back in the UK we rang the taxi firm who unfortunately did not have our return booking confirmed by the hotel, but sent a taxi right away and sorted it out with the hotel after dropping us off, just a small hiccup. We will definitely be staying at the Pinewood again next May when we go away and thanks to all the staff for a stress free start to our holiday.

Room Tip: Room overlooking garden.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SoulgirlCarnforth
John_Scott_Pinewood, General Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your positive feedback regards to your overall experience at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow.

I will certainly communicate your kind comments to my Team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

To make future reservations at the Hotel visit www.pinewood-hotel.co.uk

Wilmslow, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We used the Best Western Pinewood Hotel in June 2013 for our wedding and it really was a great venue. All the staff were excellent from the Manager of the hotel who always remembered your face when we went in to discuss the wedding preparation through to the event coordinator and general hotel staff. The event coordinator was really helpful and offered advice for areas we were unsure of such as numbers to cater for at the evening reception through to ideas for layout of the rooms we were using. The rooms available were varied and allowed for different sized parties and were all nicely decorated. The hotel was able to offer advice of local people for flowers etc as well as holding wedding shows with rooms set up so you could see what it might be like on the day. Nothing was too much trouble if you had a query and emails were promptly reasoned to and regular meeting took place the closer it got to the wedding to finalise the small details. On the day it self, everything we asked for was in place and all staff again were extremely helpful and accommodating. Guest were made to feel welcome and the service was excellent during the wedding breakfast and the evening reception. The food was good and well-presented and evening buffet was lovely and good portion sizes for what we had ordered. The hotel rooms were lovely very clean and all guests were happy with the accommodation they had. Would highly recommend to anybody thinking of using either as wedding venue or as somewhere to stay and the staff really are the stars of the show.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 486Catherine
John_Scott_Pinewood, General Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Dear Catherine

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback regards to your Wedding Day at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow.

It gives me great pleasure to read such positive words about your special day and that my Team ensured that every aspect of your day ran smoothly from start to finish. As you rightly mention they are all stars and strive to ensure that all guests receive the highest of standards from Lauren and Hannah in my Sales Office to the Chefs and the Service Team on the floor and from your comments I can see that they all made your Wedding Day extra special.

I will certainly discuss your feedback with my Team who will be thrilled to have received such wonderful comments.

All the best in the future to you both.

Thank you again Catherine.

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 17, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Pinewood during an Xmas shopping trip. We ended up there by default as there was very little availability around our chosen locations of Knutsford & Trafford. Initially it appeared to be a bit off the beaten track but it suited our purposes perfectly and proved an ideal location for the Trafford Centre which was an easy 20 minute drive away.

I understand the hotel will shortly be undergoing a major refubishment. Although this implies it's in dire need of improvement, it certainly does not! It's spotlessly clean, modern and the rooms are well appointed, There is ample parking and although my room fronted the road, there was very little traffic overnight. I must also add that it was the most comfortable bed I've ever encountered in a hotel!

We had dinner included in our package and the food was excellent. Although there were 3 large Xmas parties being held that evening, they made no impact on our stay nor did they detract from the high level of service and friendliness of the restaurant staff.

We stay in the area several times a year and will most definitely be going back!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
John_Scott_Pinewood, General Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your positive review regards to your recent stay at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow.

As you rightly mention the Hotel isn’t in need of a refurbishment however we are extending the Hotel whereby we are adding an additional 12 bedrooms, extending the lounge area on ground floor and building a new Restaurant on the ground floor which will overlook the gardens. The 2 function rooms that we have will be redecorated along with various other public areas.

The Hotel will be closed as of the 6th January 2014 with half of the Hotel reopening on the 3rd February 2014, however the works won’t be fully complete until the end of March 2014.

I’m so pleased that you enjoyed your overall experience at the Hotel and I will certainly communicate your kind words to my Team.

cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We have been staying in the Cheadle, Cheshire area for family visits for many years, but this is the first time we stayed at the PInewood Hotel. The hotel itself was excellent, and despite the many Christmas parties etc going on during our stay we were located in a room so as not to be disturbed. The food served was excellent and good value. The service by all staff whether at the desk, the bar or the restaurant was excellent, and we will definitely put this hotel at the top of our list for future visits North.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Thank . W
Dear Guest

I will certainly communicate your kind words to my Team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the very near future.

oldham
Reviewed December 11, 2013

stayed again at this hotel after a super meal and night out at the greek tavera hellas in
handforth village. the hotel and staff gave excellent services and the breakfast was
good fayre choice and quality. look forward to visiting again soon

highly recommend

Room Tip: first floor garden view
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
John_Scott_Pinewood, General Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Guest

I will certainly communicate your kind words to my Team.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We held our wedding at The Pinewood and have to say we had the best day of our lives. All of our guests were complimentary about the setting and location. All of our guest thoroughly enjoyed the food, it was delicious. I cannot fault anything about The Pinewood, it's a fantastic hotel. The rooms are lovely and clean and comfortable. I have to give a special thanks to John, the Manager who made our day run smoothly, there wasn't anything he couldn't do for us, a truly professional and excellent Manager, the staff were all fantastic, brilliant hotel and the food is amazing.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
John_Scott_Pinewood, General Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Lyndsay

Thank you for your wonderful feedback regards to your overall experience at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow.

It gives me great pleasure in reading such a lovely review regards to your Wedding Day and that you and your guests enjoyed every aspect of the day from start to finish.

I will certainly communicate your kind words to my Team who will be thrilled to have received such wonderful feedback.

All the best to you both in the future and it was a pleasure looking after you on your special day.

John Scott
Also consider these accommodations in or near Handforth
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Hallmark Hotel Manchester
Premier Inn Manchester (Handforth) Hotel
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
The Stanneylands
The Stanneylands
#4 of 5 in Wilmslow

Been to Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel? Share your experiences!