Recently stayed at this hotel for one night on a Sunday and the hotel was very quiet. Upon arrival Kirsty on reception made us feel both welcome and valued customers, she kindly upgraded us to the honeymoon suite, after 30 years of marriage it was lovely, thank you Kirsty. Our room, No 47, was very clean and had a flatsceen TV, tea and coffee making facilities, lovely warm radiator that stayed on all night, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, the mattress topper made for a comfortable night's sleep, if you're a light sleeper ask for a room to the rear of the hotel as our room overlooked the road and it was very busy from 6.30am onwards. Bathroom was immaculate with clean fluffy towels provided, thank you housekeeping for an excellent job.
We thought the room would benefit from an extra light and a mirror near to the plug socket.
We were the only couple in the restaurant, however, still had a lovely time, the food was good and reasonably priced for a hotel, service was excellent. The restaurant overlooked the garden and in the summer it would be a nice place to dine with views over the garden and terrace.
Breakfast was served to us by Russell who was both friendly and efficient, probably one of the best breakfasts we have had in a hotel, good selection of food on offer, cooked English breakfast, pastries, fruit, yoghurts, juices, cereals and cheeses, top marks. Russell even provided us with directions to the Trafford Centre (about a 20 minute drive) to complete our Christmas shopping trip.
Ah the final 'test' would be asked if we had enjoyed our stay, well, yes we were asked and we confirmed we had a lovely time, sorry, I didn't take the name of the gentleman who checked us out but he was very helpful.
Well done Mr John Scott on running a really good hotel, excellent value for money, all the three main criteria covered, excellent staff, clean hotel and good food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you are staying for business or pleasure, our well appointed and stylishly furnished bedrooms will more than satisfy your requirements. With comfortable beds and fluffy duvets, Freeview TV and free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel we have everything you need for a great stay. A choice of room types, dining options and impressive gardens completes the picture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Pinewood On Wilmslow Hotel Handforth
- Menzies Pinewood Manchester
- Hotel Menzies Pinewood