Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Handforth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Newcastle, Staffordshire
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel for one night on a Sunday and the hotel was very quiet. Upon arrival Kirsty on reception made us feel both welcome and valued customers, she kindly upgraded us to the honeymoon suite, after 30 years of marriage it was lovely, thank you Kirsty. Our room, No 47, was very clean and had a flatsceen TV, tea and coffee making facilities, lovely warm radiator that stayed on all night, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, the mattress topper made for a comfortable night's sleep, if you're a light sleeper ask for a room to the rear of the hotel as our room overlooked the road and it was very busy from 6.30am onwards. Bathroom was immaculate with clean fluffy towels provided, thank you housekeeping for an excellent job.
We thought the room would benefit from an extra light and a mirror near to the plug socket.

We were the only couple in the restaurant, however, still had a lovely time, the food was good and reasonably priced for a hotel, service was excellent. The restaurant overlooked the garden and in the summer it would be a nice place to dine with views over the garden and terrace.

Breakfast was served to us by Russell who was both friendly and efficient, probably one of the best breakfasts we have had in a hotel, good selection of food on offer, cooked English breakfast, pastries, fruit, yoghurts, juices, cereals and cheeses, top marks. Russell even provided us with directions to the Trafford Centre (about a 20 minute drive) to complete our Christmas shopping trip.

Ah the final 'test' would be asked if we had enjoyed our stay, well, yes we were asked and we confirmed we had a lovely time, sorry, I didn't take the name of the gentleman who checked us out but he was very helpful.

Well done Mr John Scott on running a really good hotel, excellent value for money, all the three main criteria covered, excellent staff, clean hotel and good food.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper ask for a room at the rear of the hotel overlooking the gardens, there...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
John_Scott_Pinewood, General Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review regards to your overall experience at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and that you found my Team friendly, efficient and professional especially Kirsty and Russell. I have a wonderful Team within the Hotel who strive to exceed our customer expectations ensuring that the whole customer journey is one to remember for all of the right reason which certainly shows from your wonderful comments.

We have made a lot of changes within the Hotel over the past 2 years or so that we have owned the property and the business, product and customer service has moved in the right direction whereby my Team fully understand and are very natural with it quality and professional customer service which does come through on many comments from our guests.

My Head Chef and his Team are also very much focused on the quality of the food and attention to detail on the plate being very important to the overall customer experience within all of the food outlets which also comes through on many customer comments.

Thank you again and I will certainly communicate your positive feedback to my Team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the very near future.

West Chester, United States
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stayed for two nights, on business. Tried to work with colleagues at the hotel but the free wireless internet cut out every 30 minutes or so. Could not be fixed. Apparently, an equipment upgrade is known to be required. (!) Could not get wireless, or wired, access in my room on the second floor. Other than this, very nice hotel, great people, couldn't be nicer. Would stay again if I knew the internet issue was fixed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Dear Michael

I do apologise for the Wi-Fi not working correctly. This is something that I am looking into and rest assured this situation will be rectified.

Thank you for your positive feedback regards to my Team and how nice the Hotel was.

I will certainly communicate your positive feedback to my Team.

Thank you again.

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

When visiting family in Manchester for the past 10 years for events such as birthdays weddings Christmas and funerals we have found ourselves staying at the bigger hotels nearby. Well if I had only found this hotel. We arrived friday at 11pm and found hotel quiet other than for an NSPCC charity event. The bedroom was a twin for me and my 21 yr old son. Very neat and tidy with a room size enough for our requirement of visiting family. The hotel was quiet the breakfast was very good on both days with lots of choice. The most important thing is having local employees who were very friendly. This hotel well worth a visit for Manchester airport or for a leisurely stay. One complaint though bleed the radiator in room 33.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
John_Scott_Pinewood, General Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Vinny

Thank you for your positive comments regards to your overall experience at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow.

I have discussed the bleeding of the radiator with my Maintenance Manager who has now rectified this problem.

I will certainly communicate your kind words to my team.

Ware, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We had a fantastic 2 day stay at this hotel which I would highly recommend.

The general manager is very hands on, all his staff are very friendly, helpful and efficient.

No need to eat out in the evening, the food was fantastic, with a very varied menu.

Shame that there is no swimming pool at the hotel, however the hotel provided free access to a pool and fitness center which is only 5 minutes away.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear David

It gives me great pleasure to read such positive feedback about the overall Hotel, food quality and my Team.

Thank you again David and I will certainly communicate your kind words to my Team.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2013

A very comfortable stay in the midlands. Good location and easy to access Manchester city centre and the shopping centre. Breakfast was very good and the service was attentive and friendly. The rooms were clean and spacious.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
John_Scott_Pinewood, Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

I will certainly communicate your kind words to my team.

Hertfordshire
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We booked this hotel as it is in close proximity to National Trust's Quarry Bank Mill. The bedroom accommodated a large and very comfortable double bed. The en-suite seemed to have an inexhaustible supply of hot water. The hotel was spotlessly clean. The staff were very friendly and informative. The evening meals were excellent with a wide choice on the menu. The breakfast was well cooked and plentiful. We would certainly stay here again or the sister hotel in Kendal. This hotel is suitable for both business and private stays. Quarry Bank mill is well worth visiting as it give a flavour of what it was like to work in a cotton mill in the 18th, 19th & 20th centuries.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the garden.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
John_Scott_Pinewood, General Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Peter

Thank you so much for your positive review that you have posted on Trip Advisor.

It gives me great pleasure to read such a wonderful review. As I’m sure that you are aware having the right Team in place certainly enhances the whole customer journey from start to finish whereby they are all very friendly, efficient and strive to exceed our customers expectations and in this case they all have.

I also receive many positive comments regards to the food offering which again is so pleasing to see.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the very near future.

John Scott
Also consider these accommodations in or near Handforth
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Hallmark Hotel Manchester
Premier Inn Manchester (Handforth) Hotel
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
The Stanneylands
The Stanneylands
#4 of 5 in Wilmslow

Been to Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel? Share your experiences!