Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Handforth
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“Sauna”
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for 4 nights and found the room to be very clean and cosy. The room was on the top floor so was fairly quiet even with the window open and on the front.

The heat however was unbearable at night when in bed and it wasn't as it was hot outside. Several colleagues all stated the same on a different floor so moving rooms wasn't going to solve matters. There is no air con so I was given a fan that made no difference.

The hotel though apart from that was pleasant and the gardens in the sun at teatime were great. The cost of drinks being a hotel were very good.

The menu was the same each day which lets down the hotel.

The hotel staff were excellent to finish off on.

• Stayed June 2013
John_Scott_Pinewood, Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regards to your overall experience at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow.

I will certainly discuss your comments with my team.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused on this occasion due to the heat in the bedrooms. I will certainly look into the matter and rectify where needed.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We attended a conference at the hotel and overall the experience was good but there were a few issues. Breakfast on day 1 caused a few problems, with so many people staying and attending the conference they all descended on the breakfast room within 30 mins. Breakfast was served from the kitchen and the wait was forever. Tea and coffee also took a long time. The sausage was hard on the outside, almost crunchy so was the hash brown. Suggestion put on a hot buffet in such situations it works better. Gets lots of tea and coffee in jugs ready to go, result happy customers. Good news, a good location, easy to get to and great staff!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
John_Scott_Pinewood, General Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear Guest

The overall feedback that I have received from many guests attending the conference over the weekend has been very positive indeed.

I do apologise for the rushed and inconsistent breakfast service on Saturday morning. I must say that this is a very unusual situation that we have learnt from. As you rightly mention most guests came into the breakfast room all at once whereby we should have had a buffet service available, which we did have on Sunday morning and the service overall was so much smoother.

I’m pleased that you felt that my Team were great. I do receive many positive comments regards to how friendly and efficient my Team are and I will certainly mention this to them all.

I do apologise for the inconvenience caused on this occasion.

Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Stayed one night before an early flight from Manchester. The check in manager was very helpful to us as some error had occurred in booking and our reservation was not registered. He gave us a king room at no additional cost and could not have been more apologetic. We slept well and it was a very convenient 15 minute drive to the airport the following morning.

Dear Guest,

I will certainly communicate your kind words to my Reception Team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Very easy to find and well appointed, large room. I phoned up the day before so we could arrange an early check-in and was told that for an extra £10 we could check in early, however, when we arrived this had not been put in the 'book'. We waited a little bit and the rooms were made up and we could check in slightly earlier but not at the time arranged the previous day.
We'd also booked (and prepaid) through lastminute.com but they tried to charge us again and we had to wait even longer to check in while they sorted this.
Hotel is very nice but there were some inconsistencies in the service.
We would go back but not book with lastminute.com again!!

• Stayed June 2013
John_Scott_Pinewood, Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regards to your overall experience at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused on your arrival to check-in early. I will look into your comments and make sure that other guests do not experience the same issues as you have done.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I spent two nights at this hotel on business and I had a pleasant stay. Staff at the reception was very friendly upon arrival, making check in easy and smooth. I stayed in a single room over looking the gorgeous back garden and although it was small the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was of a good size. Both the room and the bathroom were very clean.
Cooked breakfast was also very good, although croissants weren't fresh (this was the only bad point as I love fresh croissants in the morning).
I also had dinner in the hotel restaurant and the food was delicious. The only problem was that sometimes I had to wait for my food because the kitchen is upstairs but we were eating downstairs. Overall it was a very good experience and I would go back if I had to.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back over looking their gorgeous garden: it's a very relaxing view in the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
John_Scott_Pinewood, Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear Guest

First and foremost thank you for your positive comments regards to the cleanliness of your bedroom our gorgeous gardens and how friendly my Team are, much appreciated and I will certainly communicate your kind words to my Team.

On the other hand I do apologise regards to the slow service that you experienced in the Garden View Restaurant and that the croissants in the breakfast room were stale. I will certainly discuss these comments with my Head Chef and Restaurant Manager and rectify accordingly so that other guests do not experience the same issues as you have done. I am pleased that you found the food in the dining room delicious, I will also communicate your kind words to my Chef.

Thank you again and I do apologise for the inconvenience caused on this occasion.

Kind regards.

Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

A colleague and I stayed at the pine wood in separate rooms for 12 nights so got to see the many sides of the hotel. I have stayed in a lot of hotels and b&b's for work and pleasure and would not consider myself to be fussy. My colleague and I both generally agreed with the findings below:

Firstly the positives: staff were friendly and helpful.
The rooms were well appointed including 2 hair dryers, ironing board and iron etc. Shower was very good - powerful and hot. Room was clean. Nice tv and tea making facilities. Bed was comfortable however I do not like when 2 small beds are put together to form one big bed personally.
Lovely main buildings and gardens.

Freshly cooked food was very good; breakfast or dinner.

Plenty of parking spaces.

A short drive to local facilities.

Not so good: tidying of room was a mixed bag. Sometimes we were left with toiletries, and some times not. One time, the soap that I was using was thrown away and no replacement was left. One occasion, the mirror cleaner that the cleaners used was left in my bathroom but no shower gels etc. My colleagues bin contents were left on the floor of his room on one occasion.

There were several days where the dishes at breakfast were dirty. They obviously had been put in the dish washer but were not checked. We would end up going through piles of bowls or plates to get a clean one.

On the first day of the stay, I found that the croissants were stale and my colleague on another day found that the fruit had gone off.

The rooms did not have air conditioning so on a warm night, one would be forced to open the window. However opening the window is not always possible due to slight road noise or from vocal guests talking or shouting outside (this happened on one occasion, in the 2 weeks, but because of the functions held, thought it was worthy of note.)
The radiator made a reasonable loud running noise for several days. It was bad enough that I had to turn the tv volume up but not enough to stop me from sleeping (I'm quite a heavy sleeper). Turning the thermostat on the radiator down made little difference.

Considering the above issues, the price we paid seemed excessive for the room £80-90.

• Stayed May 2013
John_Scott_Pinewood, Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Dear Guest

First and foremost thank you for your positive comments regards to my team and the overall outlook of the hotel, much appreciated and I will certainly communicate your kind words to my team.

I must say I do share your disappointment regards to the breakfast offering and the unacceptable way in which your bedroom was serviced throughout your stay. These concerns are very unusual to have experienced however I cannot apologise enough for these situations occurring and I will certainly be discussing your feedback with my Head Housekeeper and my Head Chef to ensure that my other guests do not encounter the same issues as you have done.

We do receive many positive comments regards to the team, product and offering at the hotel however I do take complaints extremely seriously and act accordingly to rectify the concerns my guests have experienced.

I do apologise for the inconvenience caused on this occasion.

Cornwall
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

As a regular to BW hotels I was delighted to realise on check in that I was staying at the sister hotel of one I've previously enjoyed in Kendal and I wasn't wrong to be happy!

Check in was smooth and professional and I was upgraded due to my BW Rewards card and so enjoyed a room with views of the beautiful lawned gardens and established trees. The room itself was spotless with a good quality flat screen television and large comfortable bed. My bathroom was clean with an extremely powerful shower (most welcome after a long day on the road).

I ate from the bar menu in a relaxed setting again enjoying views of the garden and have no complaints about either the food, drink of pricing.

A great nights sleep followed by a cracking breakfast set me up just right for another day on the road.

In summary why make do with a Premier Inn when gems like this are available in the same price bracket, the manager and staff should be proud and I hope to stay with you again soon!

• Stayed May 2013
John_Scott_Pinewood, Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your positive comments regards to your overall experience at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow. It's always a pleasure to hear such good feedback, as our service to guests is something we really do strive to achieve here at the hotel.

I will certainly communicate your kind words to my team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

BEST WESTERN PLUS PINEWOOD ON WILMSLOW
Also consider these accommodations in or near Handforth
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Premier Inn Manchester (Handforth) Hotel
Hallmark Hotel Manchester
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
The Stanneylands
The Stanneylands
#4 of 5 in Wilmslow
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport

Been to Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel? Share your experiences!