“Good place for overnight stay but some inconsistencies in service”

Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Handforth
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Very easy to find and well appointed, large room. I phoned up the day before so we could arrange an early check-in and was told that for an extra £10 we could check in early, however, when we arrived this had not been put in the 'book'. We waited a little bit and the rooms were made up and we could check in slightly earlier but not at the time arranged the previous day.
We'd also booked (and prepaid) through lastminute.com but they tried to charge us again and we had to wait even longer to check in while they sorted this.
Hotel is very nice but there were some inconsistencies in the service.
We would go back but not book with lastminute.com again!!

• Stayed: June 2013
John_Scott_Pinewood, Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regards to your overall experience at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused on your arrival to check-in early. I will look into your comments and make sure that other guests do not experience the same issues as you have done.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I spent two nights at this hotel on business and I had a pleasant stay. Staff at the reception was very friendly upon arrival, making check in easy and smooth. I stayed in a single room over looking the gorgeous back garden and although it was small the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was of a good size. Both the room and the bathroom were very clean.
Cooked breakfast was also very good, although croissants weren't fresh (this was the only bad point as I love fresh croissants in the morning).
I also had dinner in the hotel restaurant and the food was delicious. The only problem was that sometimes I had to wait for my food because the kitchen is upstairs but we were eating downstairs. Overall it was a very good experience and I would go back if I had to.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back over looking their gorgeous garden: it's a very relaxing view in the...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
John_Scott_Pinewood, Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback regards to your overall experience at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow.

First and foremost thank you for your positive comments regards to the cleanliness of your bedroom our gorgeous gardens and how friendly my Team are, much appreciated and I will certainly communicate your kind words to my Team.

On the other hand I do apologise regards to the slow service that you experienced in the Garden View Restaurant and that the croissants in the breakfast room were stale. I will certainly discuss these comments with my Head Chef and Restaurant Manager and rectify accordingly so that other guests do not experience the same issues as you have done. I am pleased that you found the food in the dining room delicious, I will also communicate your kind words to my Chef.

Thank you again and I do apologise for the inconvenience caused on this occasion.

Kind regards.

Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

A colleague and I stayed at the pine wood in separate rooms for 12 nights so got to see the many sides of the hotel. I have stayed in a lot of hotels and b&b's for work and pleasure and would not consider myself to be fussy. My colleague and I both generally agreed with the findings below:

Firstly the positives: staff were friendly and helpful.
The rooms were well appointed including 2 hair dryers, ironing board and iron etc. Shower was very good - powerful and hot. Room was clean. Nice tv and tea making facilities. Bed was comfortable however I do not like when 2 small beds are put together to form one big bed personally.
Lovely main buildings and gardens.

Freshly cooked food was very good; breakfast or dinner.

Plenty of parking spaces.

A short drive to local facilities.

Not so good: tidying of room was a mixed bag. Sometimes we were left with toiletries, and some times not. One time, the soap that I was using was thrown away and no replacement was left. One occasion, the mirror cleaner that the cleaners used was left in my bathroom but no shower gels etc. My colleagues bin contents were left on the floor of his room on one occasion.

There were several days where the dishes at breakfast were dirty. They obviously had been put in the dish washer but were not checked. We would end up going through piles of bowls or plates to get a clean one.

On the first day of the stay, I found that the croissants were stale and my colleague on another day found that the fruit had gone off.

The rooms did not have air conditioning so on a warm night, one would be forced to open the window. However opening the window is not always possible due to slight road noise or from vocal guests talking or shouting outside (this happened on one occasion, in the 2 weeks, but because of the functions held, thought it was worthy of note.)
The radiator made a reasonable loud running noise for several days. It was bad enough that I had to turn the tv volume up but not enough to stop me from sleeping (I'm quite a heavy sleeper). Turning the thermostat on the radiator down made little difference.

Considering the above issues, the price we paid seemed excessive for the room £80-90.

• Stayed: May 2013
John_Scott_Pinewood, Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

Dear Guest

First and foremost thank you for your positive comments regards to my team and the overall outlook of the hotel, much appreciated and I will certainly communicate your kind words to my team.

I must say I do share your disappointment regards to the breakfast offering and the unacceptable way in which your bedroom was serviced throughout your stay. These concerns are very unusual to have experienced however I cannot apologise enough for these situations occurring and I will certainly be discussing your feedback with my Head Housekeeper and my Head Chef to ensure that my other guests do not encounter the same issues as you have done.

We do receive many positive comments regards to the team, product and offering at the hotel however I do take complaints extremely seriously and act accordingly to rectify the concerns my guests have experienced.

I do apologise for the inconvenience caused on this occasion.

Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

As a regular to BW hotels I was delighted to realise on check in that I was staying at the sister hotel of one I've previously enjoyed in Kendal and I wasn't wrong to be happy!

Check in was smooth and professional and I was upgraded due to my BW Rewards card and so enjoyed a room with views of the beautiful lawned gardens and established trees. The room itself was spotless with a good quality flat screen television and large comfortable bed. My bathroom was clean with an extremely powerful shower (most welcome after a long day on the road).

I ate from the bar menu in a relaxed setting again enjoying views of the garden and have no complaints about either the food, drink of pricing.

A great nights sleep followed by a cracking breakfast set me up just right for another day on the road.

In summary why make do with a Premier Inn when gems like this are available in the same price bracket, the manager and staff should be proud and I hope to stay with you again soon!

• Stayed: May 2013
John_Scott_Pinewood, Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your positive comments regards to your overall experience at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow. It's always a pleasure to hear such good feedback, as our service to guests is something we really do strive to achieve here at the hotel.

Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed overnight and would go back. Rooms are well appointed and hotel has lovely garden. Secure car park welcome addition to give confidence car will be safe. Good deal via hotel website making stay good value

• Stayed: May 2013
John_Scott_Pinewood, Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel, friendly helpful staff.
The food there was beautiful but for the price I would have expected more of it.
The beds were huge.
We had a great night their and would recommend to anyone.
The staff were great even though they were clearly busy with a wedding

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Stayed at The Best Western, Pinewood last weekend whilst attending a friends wedding in Styal. Location was good, easy to find, staff friendly... but on arrival noticed how small the bed was (paid for a double, was more like queen) However as we were leaving for the wedding we didn't have time to ask to change. Also saw a friends room who had paid the same price... they got a double bed.

I was woken up around 6.30-7.00am by the noisy plumbing or central heating, which accompanied by the room being INSANELY hot meant that was me awake for the rest of our stay. Which didn't last much longer (we left around 7.30am), neither my girlfriend or myself could stand the heat (even with the window wide open).

As we left I mentioned to the the staff member on the desk that I'm not one to usually complain, and I'm not (or one to write reviews, but have left compelled in both instances) The staff member was very nice, apologised, took my mobile number and promised someone would be in touch to address my issues. 3 days later, I've not had a call. Bad customer service. More than disappointed after reading such glowing reviews. As I've said, won't be going back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
John_Scott_Pinewood, Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Neil

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to discuss your concerns in more detail over the telephone I do appreciate your time.

I have made my team aware of your overall experience at the hotel to ensure that my other guests do not experience the same issues as you have done.

I do apologise for the inconvenience caused on this occasion and I’m pleased that we could come to a positive resolution.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow

Also consider these accommodations in or near Handforth
Premier Inn Manchester (Handforth) Hotel
Hallmark Hotel Manchester
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
The Stanneylands
The Stanneylands
#4 of 5 in Wilmslow
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport

Been to Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel? Share your experiences!