Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Handforth
Manchester England
“Excellent !”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Exactly as other reviews. Spotlessly clean but in no way just functional. Retains an old fashioned but very efficient quality of personal service, from the Manager and thro all the hotel staff , without in any way being obsequious. Has a very warm feel. Most of the staff are local which explains why the service is so good. 'Springtime special' is outstandingly good value.

Room Tip: Try for garden view ...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
John_Scott_Pinewood, Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your positive feedback regards to your overall experience at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow.

I will certainly communicate your kind comments to my team who will be thrilled to have received such wonderful feedback.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

John Scott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
UK
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The hotel is in an upmarket area on the outskirts of Manchester, with comfy beds spotlessly clean, good food & friendly staff can,t fault it.
We stayed as a park & fly Package which was well organised going to the airport.
Little Bit of a hitch getting back from airport as our flight was delayed and the taxi firm the hotel came at our scheduld time but we were still in the air so they couldn't contact us so went.
Not their fault but because of this we were stood in the freezing cold for him to come back again

Room Tip: Over looking the rear gardens
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
John_Scott_Pinewood, Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2013

wolverhamton
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Very comfortable and reasonably priced hotel with an easy drive to Manchester.
Room very clean and comfortable.
excellent bed.
Breakfast freshly cooked and very good. good choice with the continental buffet.
Sleep quality excellent until a false alarm with the fire alarm at 6.30 AM. Turned off very quickly with minimal disruption by the night porter. (five stars would have been given for an eight oclock alarm)

Room Tip: our room overlooked the garden at the rear of the hotel

Ely, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This was my first stay at the Pinewood Hotel & I was pleasantly surprised. I was greeted at the main door by the hotel manager John, who immediately helped me with my luggage & escorted me to the reception. The receptionist was polite & friendly & my requests were dealt with efficiently.
I was upgraded to a garden view room & was pleased with its location & size. The room was well appointed, clean & the king size bed was very comfortable. My only grumble was the room was a little chilly but the hotel provided a secondary heater which was more than adequate.
I was very impressed that the manager had taken it upon himself to offer a 'meet & greet' session in the early evening, giving hotel guests the opportunity to engage with him & listen to compliments & service issues alike in an open forum. I took the opportunity to sit with him for an hour & found him very receptive & keen to improve the hotel & customer services. He also informed me that the room I was staying in was due to have the heating upgraded because it was inadequate & was meeting the heating engineer in the near future.
I dined in the restaurant on both nights & ate off the seasonal menu, which was extremely good value & the quality of the food was fantastic! The Chef even took the time to visit each table & talk to the diners at the end of service, which I thought was a really nice touch.
Overall I was very impressed with the hotel & service I would recommend the Pinewood to anyone.
Well done John & your staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
John_Scott_Pinewood, Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear Guest

I certainly enjoyed our conversation together and I am so pleased that you found my “Meet the General Manager” initiative beneficial.

Leeds
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Pinewood for one night as we passed through Wilmslow. The staff were in after-shock from a hectic Mother''s Day in the restaurant when we arrived but still gave us a warm welcome on booking in.
The room was very nice with a pleasant outlook onto a garden which was floodlit at night. I could not fault the housekeeping, the bathroom was completely free from the black mould specks that seem to pervade many British hotel facilities.
Our evening meal was pleasantly served by an very obliging waiter and was given the thumbs-up for both taste and quantity by both of us. One strange thing during the meal was that I ordered soup, which was delicious and extremely hot. The table next to us also ordered soup within five minutes of us, and complained it was cold? What?
Breakfast menu was the largest and most varied I have seen for a long time and the service exemplary.
Car parking appeared a little spartan at first but lots more was discovered around a 'hidden' corner not too obvious to the new arrival. The final verdict, would i stay again? Definitely!

Room Tip: Garden side rooms have a more pleasant outlook

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed here mid-week as an alternative to the nearby Premier Inns. It was a great surprise. The free parking and wi-fi meant that the B&B rate is a comparable price to other hotels in the Wilmslow area. What really made this place stand out for me were the clean good-size rooms (mine had a great view of the garden), helpful and friendly staff, good restaurant (and breakfast) and the pass (and lock) they gave me to use a nearby leisure centre. I was a bit sceptical as one reviewer had complained about this leisure facility. My experience was that the receptionist advised me to take towels from the hotel, lent me a lock and told me that I would need to buy a cap if I wanted to swim. Many business hotels require that a swimming cap is worn so I wasn't bothered about paying £2.99 for a cloth cap. The swimming pool had some of the best spa facilities I have experienced in the UK and the sports centre looked equally impressive.
All in all I will now use this hotel for when I have business in the area and if I ever had a reason to visit Wilmslow for a leisure trip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
John_Scott_Pinewood, Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2013

LEEDS
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Large rooms very cold.
Cleanliness not high on the agenda from what I saw during my 3 night stay.
If you are staying here I would suggest you eat out,restaurant meals were mediocre at best .
Breakfast not too bad brightened up by a lovely happy waitress,sorry I can't remember her name as she
deserves credit.
All in all one to avoid in my opinion.

• Stayed February 2013
John_Scott_Pinewood, General Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback regards to your overall experience at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow.

First and foremost I must apologise for the inconvenience caused on this occasion. It is very disappointing and unusual to have received a negative comment regards to the cleanliness within the hotel and I will certainly discuss your comment with my Head Housekeeper who will look into your concern with her team.

I will also discuss your comment regards to your bedroom being cold with my Maintenance Manager who again will look into your concern and rectify immediately.

I’m also sorry to read that you did not enjoy the food served to you in the Restaurant, I will discuss this matter with my Chef and ensure that the food served is consistently of a high standard.

Thank you for your positive feedback regards to your overall breakfast experience I will certainly communicate your kind words to my Team.

Thank you again for your feedback and I will ensure that your negative comments are addressed to make sure that other guests do not experience the same issues as you have done.

John Scott
Also consider these accommodations in or near Handforth
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Hallmark Hotel Manchester
Premier Inn Manchester (Handforth) Hotel
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
The Stanneylands
The Stanneylands
#4 of 5 in Wilmslow
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport

Been to Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel? Share your experiences!