Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Handforth
“Excellent Christmas!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

The family decided to have a stress free Christmas where we could all enjoy being waited on so we chose the Pinewood. We are so happy we did, with pre drinks in the relaxed but festive bar, before we were shown to our table by the lovely staff. The 5 course Christmas meal was exceptional and worth every penny. A lovely restaurant with great service where nothing was too much for the staff. The decor was also great and very festive. An overall fantastic Christmas day thanks to the pinewood and the fantastic staff. Will definately be doing the same next year.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Brilliant afternoon, just like it was the previous year. The staff are helpful & friendly & nothing is too much trouble (amazing considering they are giving up their Christmas to make other people's enjoyable!). The food as always was absolutely delicious, of course the added bonus is not having to wade through a mountain of washing up at the end of the day. There were lots of large groups of people there but the quality of the food still remained exceptional. I would encourage anybody considering having their next Christmas away from the stresses of their own kitchen to book a table at this welcoming hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 27, 2012

What a treat for me and my family to have Christmas dinner at The Pinewood this year. The food was absolutely delicious and it was such a pleasure to let someone else take the strain of preparing a turkey with all the trimmings!

The mood was fun and festive and the staff really pulled together, particularly our friendly waitress (young blonde girl, didn't catch her name). She and all the staff were pleasant and courteous and seemed to be really getting into the Christmas spirit. :)

I have never stayed at The Pinewood but can confirm that it is a good place for a great meal, and they seem well able to cope with large numbers of diners. Me and my family look forward to eating there again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Altrincham, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We attended our sailing club annual ball at The Pinewood - the food was lovely and it was a great venue. Lots of free parking and very welcoming and helpful staff. The room was lovely with a view over the garden and we had a very good night's sleep. We were on the last minute for breakfast, but nothing was too much trouble and we were made very welcome; once again the food was great - a proper full English and lots of choice. There had been a mix up the evening before with somebody taking my partner's jacket by mistake, but the hotel staff were incredibly helpful in assisting us to sort this out. All in all it was a 10/10 experience - thanks very much for helping to make it a really great occasion.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Upon arrival, there was plenty of parking and I was warmly welcomed by Kirsty, the receptionist. I was speedily checked into my room, which was spacious and warm. My accommodation was clean and smelled fresh. I would not hesitate to stay here again. Thank you

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
England
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed in a double room which we booked on laterooms.com at a very reasonable £59 for two people. I wasn't expecting too much for the price but found a really great hotel which I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

The reception area is smart and welcoming, our room was compact but very clean and comfortable with a nice view of the garden. Breakfast was fabulous, with a good selection of hot and cold food. Overall service was excellent.

The journey into central manchester was tedious simply due to the volume of traffic but if you're not in a hurry this is a great, budget option which is far better value for money that the array of so called 'budget' hotels on offer closer to the city.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Staff very welcoming when I arrived, very friendly and helpful.
Room on first glance very nice , comfortable , warm but on closer viewing It was not as clean as it should of been, when getting out the shower I felt a pinch on my foot and realised I had a small cut from crack in floor. I also found a sultanta pushed into corner of sink.
I ordered food from bar on evening of stay I had ordered cheese and pickle sandwich and prawn Marie rose sandwich but then had to choose another cause at last minute waiter realised no prawns, I took these to my room carrying my bag , paper , two plates of sandwiches was not asked if I need help but never mind I thought. But as I went to eat sandwiches I could see the tuna sandwich was on plate which was full of some sort of oil it was everywhere when I looked at my self I could then see it was all over my new jumper I had bought to come away with too I smelt of strong olive oil hope it does not stain. I could not eat this at all, but cheese one was ok crisps very hard though bread a little dry but it was edible.
The night it's self would of been great only for noises from room above loud tv next door which kept me awake most of night.
Shame really cause it was a lovely looking hotel and everything was great til these things happened.

Room Tip: My room was lovely only if they repair crack in floor , room 11.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank jones1969
John_Scott_Pinewood, Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your overall feedback regards to your recent stay at BEST WESTERN Pinewood on Wilmslow.

I will be discussing your areas of concern with the relevant Departmental Managers making sure that we develop our product and offering moving forward. I do hope that the small cut on your foot from the tile on the bathroom floor has not caused you to much discomfort, this area will be addressed immediately by my Maintenance Manager.

I do receive many positive comments regards to the overall service and product that we offer however I do take negative feedback very seriously and act accordingly ensuring that other guests do not experience the same issues as you have done.

I do apologise for the inconvenience caused on this occasion.

Thank you again.

Kind regards

John Scott
Also consider these accommodations in or near Handforth
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Premier Inn Manchester (Handforth) Hotel
Hallmark Hotel Manchester
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
The Stanneylands
The Stanneylands
#4 of 5 in Wilmslow
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport

Been to Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel? Share your experiences!