“Best western pinewood on wilmslow”

Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Handforth
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Staff very welcoming when I arrived, very friendly and helpful.
Room on first glance very nice , comfortable , warm but on closer viewing It was not as clean as it should of been, when getting out the shower I felt a pinch on my foot and realised I had a small cut from crack in floor. I also found a sultanta pushed into corner of sink.
I ordered food from bar on evening of stay I had ordered cheese and pickle sandwich and prawn Marie rose sandwich but then had to choose another cause at last minute waiter realised no prawns, I took these to my room carrying my bag , paper , two plates of sandwiches was not asked if I need help but never mind I thought. But as I went to eat sandwiches I could see the tuna sandwich was on plate which was full of some sort of oil it was everywhere when I looked at my self I could then see it was all over my new jumper I had bought to come away with too I smelt of strong olive oil hope it does not stain. I could not eat this at all, but cheese one was ok crisps very hard though bread a little dry but it was edible.
The night it's self would of been great only for noises from room above loud tv next door which kept me awake most of night.
Shame really cause it was a lovely looking hotel and everything was great til these things happened.

Room Tip: My room was lovely only if they repair crack in floor , room 11.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank jones1969
John_Scott_Pinewood, Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your overall feedback regards to your recent stay at BEST WESTERN Pinewood on Wilmslow.

I will be discussing your areas of concern with the relevant Departmental Managers making sure that we develop our product and offering moving forward. I do hope that the small cut on your foot from the tile on the bathroom floor has not caused you to much discomfort, this area will be addressed immediately by my Maintenance Manager.

I do receive many positive comments regards to the overall service and product that we offer however I do take negative feedback very seriously and act accordingly ensuring that other guests do not experience the same issues as you have done.

I do apologise for the inconvenience caused on this occasion.

Thank you again.

Kind regards

John Scott

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Staying on business, the rooms are dated and rather tired. The odd stain on the carpet. The room is really cold with only a small radiator I had to ask for a fan heater. The bathroom fan is automatic and runs all day from 6am till 11pm so woke me up. Internet is free but very slow. Rather basic hotel but staff are friendly and lobby area modern. Better hotels are nearby for similar price.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
John_Scott_Pinewood, Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback regards to your overall experience at BEST WESTERN Pinewood on Wilmslow.

As you rightly mention some of the bedrooms are rather tired due to the volume of foot fall through the property. We are in the process of re decorating the bedrooms and public areas to ensure that the product that we offer is kept to a high standard.

I do apologise for the issues raised in your feedback and I will certainly look into these matters further with my Maintenance Manager and Head Housekeeper ensuring that other guests do not experience the same issues as you have done.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused on this occasion.

Kind regards

John Scott

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We only stayed here for one night on our way to our holiday in Jamaica and as we were flying from Manchester airport it was convenient, and we left our car there for the 2 weeks we were away knowing it would be safe, and the hotel even arranged a taxi for us to the airport and the same on the return journey. Our room was lovely and clean, beds comfortable. Breakfast the following morning was delicious and all the staff were very helpful and friendly. We have never stated at a Best Western Hotel before but will definitely stay in one again and would recommend.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

I stay away with work 3 or 4 times every week around the UK and most of the time I stop at a Best Western. A colleague recommended this one, and I'm pleased he did. Clean, comfortable, well appointed, with friendly and helpful staff. What more could you ask for!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Staff were welcoming and the hotel surprisingly smart for the price we paid. We ate in the restaurant and had an excellent meal and a good nights sleep in a comfy bed. The hotel had arranged taxi transfer to the airport and it arrived on time and we were given clear instructions about our return journey to pick up our car. We arrived back in the UK at 3.30 am and within 10 mins of our calling them the taxi was with us to take us back to the hotel. Faultless.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stay regularly in the Manchester area and this was our 2nd visit here. It was worth the return as this hotel is comfortable and clean with friendly and polite staff. Given the price it is hard to find fault and we would recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Nice friendly welcome from reception team. Very comfortable room ( and warm on such a cold day / night - lovely ! ). Clean .....room & public areas. Bar and restaurant staff smart but not 'starchy', all very good humoured. Food in restaurant I found excelllent and one of the nicest 'full English' breakfasts I have eaten for a long time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Handforth
Hallmark Hotel Manchester
The Stanneylands
#2 of 5 in Wilmslow
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport

Been to Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel? Share your experiences!