Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Handforth
Reviewed May 20, 2012

As a regular of another hotel chain (begining with Prem...) I wasn't expecting much from a Best Western either, especially given the room rate I had secured for three nights. What a surprise! The reception airy was light, modern and welcoming, as was Kirsty, the bubbly receptionist who couldn't have been more helpful. I was given an upgrade to the 'executive' room, which sounded good at the time, but other than a super king size bed and a view of the graden, I've no idea what was different to a standard room.

That said, the room was modern and clean, but as usual with hotels, the walls are not very well sound proofed and I could hear my neighbours television as if it was in the same room. That was fine until I wanted to sleep! Given the age of the property I'm not sure how they would resolve this, but it is the single biggest problem I encounter in any hotel.

Breakfast was good, although the service was a little erratic, depending on who served you. It was nice to see the manager 'mucking' in as well and it's a shame some of the other waiting staff didn't follow his example of customer service.

I didn't use the restaurant in the evening so I can't comment on their food. The hotel is right in the centre of Handforth so is close to the local shops and a few pubs and restaurants which is very handy.

All in all I enjoyed my stay here and would definitely return when I'm in that area again. Perhaps I need to look at Best Western a bit more.......

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed May 16, 2012

We stayed here one night before leaving from Manchester Airport. The hotel is on a main road and was easy enough to find the first time however I missed it a couple of times when I went out but I think that is more about me than the hotel. The hotel itself was clean and modern downstairs and reminded me of a ship upstairs with narrow hallways lined with wood Our room was a pleasant surprise with a double and two singles. The wall mounted tv clean bathroom and other amenities impressed us. The most impressive thing was the food. We had dinner there and the food was top notch beautifully presented and high quality Breakfast was buffet with typical English fare. There is an Tesco's Expressand several restaurants just down the street. The hotel is about a ten minute drive to the airport. Remember to get the exit code so you can get out of the gate. A very positive experience.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 6, 2012

We stayed at Best Western Pinewood on Wilmslow for a relaxing weekend and we loved every minute. The staff were excellent, a special mention goes to John the Manager and Giovanni and the young waitor, we have stayed in many hotels and the staff were the best we have ever come across, even the chef was friendly and came out to speak to us, the food was superb, could not fault the food, it was fantastic, everything was clean and comfortable, we stayed in a lovely room overlooking the garden, we wouldnt hesitate to recommend this hotel, we travelled all the way from Essex to stay here, a real hidden gem. So nice to stay in a hotel with such lovely friendly staff who aim to please.

Room Tip: Ask to be put it in a room overlooking the garden, its a lovely view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shandyline
Reviewed April 29, 2012

When we arrived we were not overly impressed.
.However, when we checked in ,we were very surprised how modern the Hotel was.
The Reception staff were Very efficient ,Quick and Freindly.
We arrived on Friday 27th April for two nights and stopped in room No 14 which
overlooked the Beatifull garden .It was spacious Very Clean with a decent sized bed which by the way was very very comfortable.It got better, when we went for our evening meal, Szilvia the waitress found us a nice table with a view and we were served with a lovely meal which we thouroghly enjoyed.
The Breakfast next day was very tasty and the coffee was excellent.
We stayed for two nights and on the last day breakfast was self service which suited us fine.
Giovanni which I hope I have spelt right was the Man who made sure everthing run efficiently and like clockwork a real Gem and a Gentleman..
If you ever decide to visit the Cheshire area we would suggest you take a look at staying at this hotel because we dont think you would be dissapointed with anything.The Chef deserves a mention as well with his presentation of the food which was of a very high standard and was delicious and you could tell he was proud of his creations, and so he should be Well done to the Manager and all his staff , There are all a credit to him and the Hotel

Room Tip: We had a room which overlooked the garden and would suggest that maybe you could request that on app...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2012

This is a good hotel. It's well kept, the rooms perfectly adequate and a good location. The staff are friendly and efficient. I found the food good if a bit pricey (£15 for Steak & kidney pud), breakfast was better a la carte, the buffet was ok but just ok. There is plenty of parking on site and access to a gym/spa nearby. There are restaurants a couple of miles away to cater for all tastes. The WIFI works well. My only real criticism is the room was not really warm enough for me and the bar a bit cheerless and chilly during the few days I was there. I'll certainly return though it's a good example of a Best Western.

Room Tip: The garden side has better views from the windows, but more expensive.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Cryptomuncher
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Not exciting - I was the only person in the restaurant between 7pm and 7.30pm - was disappointed with the Rib Eye Steak on the A la Carte menu - was tough and grissely - accommodation fine - was given a twin room when the booking form from BCD showed they had booked a double

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Normsky2007
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is the first time that I have ever really wanted to give feedback on a hotel but this one is special.
Would recommend this hotel to anyone (and I'm very choosey).
Rooms spotlessly clean and well decorated.
The food in the resturant is excellent, made even better by our waiter. What a little star he his. Just a great shame I cannot pronounce his name.
We stayed here on our return trip from Spain and will use this as our "overnighter" in future.
All the staff are very friendly and efficient and can not do enough for you.
Please, if any one is indoubt about the Pinewood, book this hotel with confidence, you will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Handforth
Premier Inn Manchester (Handforth) Hotel
Hallmark Hotel Manchester
The Stanneylands
The Stanneylands
#2 of 5 in Wilmslow
Premier Inn Manchester (Wilmslow) Hotel
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport

Been to Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel? Share your experiences!