“Fantastic, Very polite staff and value for money!”
Review of Handforth Lodge

Handforth Lodge
Handforth Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Handforth B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My experience at the Handforth Lodge was one I truly enjoyed. The staff greeted me well and took my bags, the room was very clean and very high standard, the view was beautiful country side. I could not have picked anywhere better! I even noticed all the breakfast foods were from 'the best' finest quality brown breads, white, seeded, boiled eggs, cornflakes, all included in the price which I thought was lovely.

I even got invited to have a beautiful curry and cake by the kitchen staff which they had freshly prepared which was nice. The TV was just slightly tilted however, but when I raised this to the staff they quickly came and put it right,, so no complains!! Also for the mere price I payed, that was amazing! I

The man who works there also guided me all the way from the Airport when I had reached until I arrived, so felt very homely! Well done Handforth Lodge !!!

Room Tip: All rooms are equally as good !
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank helena C

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed for three nights at this hotel. The hotel was very clean, outstanding, set out in nice surroundings of countryside. They provided tea and coffee facilities free of charge. Internet was free of charge. There was a good selection of continental breakfast and the lady even went out of her way to make a full English breakfast. There were many different types of bread, and tea - the finest quality and a very secure car park. The location was very good many clean takeaways nearby and the train station right next door too. I will definitely come back again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Suzanne A
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I completely agree with Jacki S. Very disappointing. Hall telephone out of order - for how long I wonder as the sign looked pretty old. Curtain which fell right off the curtain rail when gently drawn back. Dodgy - and loose - door handles; no light bulb at all in overhead ceiling light. The cheapest and hardest bed possible gave very little rest. I was bitten alive - I do hope not from fleas. And difficult to watch the tv which was secured to the wall at a funny angle to the bed. The tv was TINY, the text and picture blurred and of very poor quality. As for cold hard boiled eggs for breakfast as the only choice of a "cooked" part of the breakfast - really! And why is half the entrance hall way taken up with a HUGE (and I mean huge) large stuffed Tiger toy stretched out on the carpet as a final bizarre twist? Unlike the other reviewers I was not charged £30 (in which case I might be more forgiving) and in fact was charged much more. So feel even more disappointed, that I trustingly pre-paid for a comfortable night's rest. The manager/owner needs to deal with the maintenance issues, upgrade the place to a reasonable standard, and install a 21st century tv - at an angle which allows viewing from the bed without a neck strain. Someone who monitors B&Bs on behalf of the Council needs to monitor this place and suggest improvements very soon before more people are disappointed. Rabi was, however, very helpful - but I am afraid it did not make up for the terrible bed, a cold boiled egg offering for breakfast, and the other issues listed above.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank 454Traveller454
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Very very basic.... I was disappointed that my rooms en-suite was a toilet and basin... no bath/shower.... which meant using the shared bathroom which was a surprise i was not expecting. the room was noisy and sheets were clean but stained. The television was at an angle that was impossible to see from my bed and that turned out not to be a problem because there was only one channel working. The Price was lower than others in the area and that was the reason for the choice. Breakfast was as basic as it could be; toast, cereals, jam and cheese... and hard boilled eggs.... The Staff were friendly however and helpful.

Room Tip: Know what you are getting yourself into... if you dont need frills and dont mind noise and sharing a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I was attending a course nearby that started early and so decided to stay here for the night to save the early morning commute. For £29 i got a clean, quiet room with a comfy bed to sleep in, free wifi (which was handy), clean towels and breakfast included. Check in was quick and easy, gentleman on front desk was very helpful and recommended me a lovely Indian Takeaway just round the corner for dinner. I couldn't have really asked for more.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Darren G
Reviewed February 10, 2013

value for money.. Needs updating the rooms decorate new tvs not 15 yr old ones. Comfy beds it was oright warm worth 30 quid Breakfast was very good serve yourself good location for things to do its like 5 mins away from manchester airport

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I needed somewhere to sleep at short notice and that's what I got. It was cheap, so didn't expect luxury. Room was tatty but clean. Shared bathroom was not ideal. Staff were helpful on arrival. Due to a tight schedule I had to leave before 7am so did not get chance to try the continental breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Handforth
Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel
Hallmark Hotel Manchester
Premier Inn Manchester (Handforth) Hotel
The Stanneylands
The Stanneylands
#3 of 5 in Wilmslow
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South

Been to Handforth Lodge? Share your experiences!