Tripadvisor
Ellesmere Port
Post
Inbox
Search

“Decent YoSushi, great location”
Review of YO! Sushi

YO! Sushi
Order Online
Ranked #32 of 163 Restaurants in Ellesmere Port
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Description: YO! Sushi's dishes are freshly prepared in our restaurants daily by our nifty kitchen ninjas. Although sushi is at the heart of our concept and brand, there is a choice of over 80 Japanese inspired items, including delicious soups, rice and noodle based dishes, salads, tempura and our hot classics like Chicken Katsu Curry, Beef & Garlic Teriyaki, Salmon Firecracker rice or Vegetable Yakisoba!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Love sushi and Yo have a great selection of both traditional and contemporary dishes. Plenty of vegan and vegetarian options all of which are very tasty even compared to the fish and meat based dishes. The only reason I don't give a 5/5 is that there probably isn't enough staff, but the staff they have are fantastic.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Write a reviewReviews (282)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Well, a first for my husband and me and one that we entered into with trepidation. It was an invitation from our teenage granddaughter which got us here and we really enjoyed it. We stuck to Popcorn shrimp (prawns in batter to a British person!) and fries, slim line chips with a dressing. Both arrived piping hot and promptly, we then had a cheesecake, the rest of the family enjoyed their choices and I understand the chocolate pot pudding was very good indeed. I would not say it was a cheap meal, but then we didn’t stick to just one or two bowls of something per person and had plenty to eat, so the prices were fair enough. The service was good, not one member of staff was unhelpful, they were mad busy and worked hard. If you fancy a change hopefully you will have as good an experience as we had, we were there at 7pm on a cold Saturday night in January and were lucky to get seats, it was busy. When I review a place I don’t compare a Michelin star place with a snack bar, this place is fun for a change, not a gourmet experience, just enjoy it for what it is.

Reviewed January 7, 2020

Absolutely dreadful, will not be returning!
Awful service, wrong order taken, dirty tables and absolute chaos at the door with people waiting to be seated! Some customers even walked out after waiting 25 minutes to have their drinks orders taken. The light to alert the waiting staffs attention are useless because no one actually takes any notice of them. Staff mostly look pissed off and knackered and the atmosphere is cold and unwelcoming.
Worst meal we have ever had.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
1  Thank haileyf0x
Reviewed December 28, 2019

I visit yo! very often, particularly the Arndale and Trafford centre branches so thought I would be in for some good food when me and my partner entered this branch!
Food was very slap-dash, California rolls were TINY and the rice all fell apart, waited 30 minutes for the Japanese fried chicken which they forgot to give us, TWICE!!!
Staff were friendly but just gave the impression that they hadn’t got a clue what was going on and spent most of the time just chatting to each other!
There was barely anything on the conveyor belt which meant we had to order everything which then wasn’t even given to us, but instead put on the conveyor belt so that others took it before us!!!
Wouldn’t waste my time going here again when there are so many better branches!! Very very disappointed!!!!

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank IAreview
Reviewed December 28, 2019 via mobile

I visit Yo! Frequently with my partner and I have never been disappointed. They always have fantastic food, fast and lovely service with a clean restaurant. The cheshire oaks branch disappointed. The staff are nice but that doesn't quite make my experience 10/10 when I enter a restaurant and the floor and tables are messy with food and I wait nearly 25 minutes for a small portion of chicken. Yo! Was busy and it was tea time, but I've been to plenty of other Yo! restaurants at this time and had a 10/10 experience every time.

The conveyor also lacked a mix of foods available so most of what we wanted needed ordering which resulted in the 25 minute wait, after asking where the food was twice and finding out it had never actually been ordered

I love Yo! And I'll always visit their other restaurants but unfortunately this one is on the 'definitely never go again' list. Maybe we could them on a bad day??

Date of visit: December 2019