“Great displays, very interesting.”

Blue Planet Aquarium
More attraction details
Owner description: Britain's Best Aquarium! Come and see Europe's largest collections of sharks through our amazing 71 metre underwater tunnel. You can even swim with them! (Pre-booking necessary - call for details. With over 100 exhibits and 1000's of animals from around the world, there's something for the whole family at Blue Planet Aquarium.
Useful Information: Stroller parking
Reviewed January 12, 2013

A very good aquarium full of interesting exhibits. We spent 3 hours here with our three kids and they loved it, there was plenty of viewing windows low down so they could see the fish. Highlights were the ray tank where you can stroke them. Watching the octopus getting fed was interesting and to watch and the divers in the show was great. You can even feed the ducks!! Worth the money but very, very busy. Time it right go round during lunch 12 ish and then have a late lunch in the cafe, then go round for a second view afterwards. Worth a visit.

1  Thank Anna_1042208
blueplanetaquarium, Public Relations Manager at Blue Planet Aquarium, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Many thanks for your recent review of our attraction. We're so pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit and hope that you'll visit us again soon.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

This attraction is very expensive all round. I took my 2 year old and was amazed to find i was charged £11.50 for her to get in as she was just over the 90cm height limit. This was in addition to the £15.50 I had to pay for me. To add insult to injury i then asked if they had a map and was told it was in the guide book which i would have to buy. I have never been charged this much anywhere for her to get in, in fact 2yrs and under are usually free. As she is only 2 then 45 mins later she was bored and wanted to come home. The food in the cafe was terrible - £4.50 for a childs lunch box with a stale sandwich in, and £4.20 for a coffee and bottle of water. The only menus were stuck on the wall with no prices clearly displayed.

Plus points were that the place was clean, fish appeared well looked after, tunnel was good and the diving and feeding was entertaining.

Overall, it would have been good if it had cost less to get in, and we brought our own food,

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I loved it! I went recently with school and we did a workshop in the class room, went round the aquariam where there are also many educational signs so its also fun and educational at the same time. We then went to see the Shark show at 1:30pm where we got to learn about the equipment they use for the shark diving and how they can keep in contact with eachother so deep under the water. My fave part was deffo the TUNNEL! Me and my friends went on it again and again and it was awesome watching them all swim over your head! (i'll try to add some pictures in another review another time:)) Deffo worth a visit!:D

Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Came here with my 3 year old as the weather is awful, it's ok but you walk around it in 20 minutes, found it boring, I've been here about 7 times though, however I must complain, they ha e people taking photos, and a stand near the toy shop where you can purchase them, took him ages to upload them when he finally did I picked 5, I said how much thinking they would be £5 each, it's only a photo and not taken by a professional, £90 he said!!! WTF?! I just laughed and said no one would pay £90 for those, then he said which ones do you like, the ones I've picked I said but I will not be paying £90 he then immediately reduced to price to £30!!! I accepted since as most mums I'm always the one taking all the pics of everyone else and do t get so many just me & my son! Even £30 was a rip off really, but I could not believe he reduced the price just like that! Rather shocking! So if you do grand like your pics. Be sure to haggle the price is clearly not fixed!
I will prob go again as my son likes to watch the sharks but if you're looking for something g to fill a day, find somewhere else!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We visited recently and we have been before and knew it was expensive, but we were going for my daughter's birthday as a special treat. We booked the tickets online so they were slightly cheaper. It isn't a big attraction only a couple of hours at most. What there is to see is good and we were there for just after it opened so very quiet got busy by the time we left about 12. Didn't like the way that we were approached to have photos taken as we were walking round and to find at the end it was £12 for a photo thought considering price to get in and then wanted money for a photo and you had to pay for duck food, so it all mounts up.
Overall a good attraction, but pricey for a small attraction.