We stayed here with our twin 1 year old boys. The staff from the desk to the restaurant and chamber maids were all excellent. They were friendly, helpful and attentive. We ate in the restaurant and enjoyed our meals. The room was spacious and clean.
If you don't have children or don't want to swim with them then I would highly recommend the hotel.
It is close to both Chester centre and Cheshire Oaks Designer Shopping Village so great if you want to shop or have a nice historic walk.
Info for families:
Cots were free and made up like mini beds which was a lovely touch.
We chose the hotel so we could take the opportunity to swim with our children. The experience was extremely stressful though. The staff were as helpful and accommodating as they could be but the facilities were poor for us. There were no family changing facilities. The changing room for females was communal and there was a wall mounted change table several metres away from the benches and lockers and toilets. I therefore had to strap my son to the table whilst trying to change in the sink area which was difficult especially trying to get dried. We ended up undressing the boys in the reception area and drying and dressing them in the pool area. We then had to try and hold both boys whilst the other adult went to get dried and dressed.
Another customer commented on how difficult it was for families and said she had been there for several days and seen the same issues arise with lots of other people.
The pool itself was fine and our boys enjoyed their time in the water with us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Ellesmere Port/Cheshire Oaks, whether for leisure weekends in the Chester area or that business trip or conference to the North West. The hotel is delightfully situated on the tranquil and attractive Wirral peninsula near the historic river Mersey waterfront, adjacent to the award winning National Boat Museum, with immediate access to both historic City of Chester or across the River Mersey to Liverpool. Liverpool John Lennon Airport is only 30 minutes away, Manchester International Airport only 40 minutes away and with a P&O fast ferry service to Ireland available in Liverpool, the hotel is the most central position to explore the whole of the North West of England. All 83 luxuriously air conditioned bedrooms with HSIA connections have splendid views of the surrounding locks and canal waterways. Our Leisure club includes indoor swimming pool, sauna, sun shower and gymnasium. The hotel is near to Royal Liverpool Golf Cub, Chester Race Course, Blue Planet Aquarium, Cheshire Oaks Designer Outlet Village & Chester Zoo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and IHG so you can book your Holiday Inn Ellesmere / Cheshire Oaks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Ellesmere / Cheshire Oaks Hotel Ellesmere Port
- Holiday Inn Ellesmere Port
- Ellesmere Port Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Ellesmere / Cheshire Oaks Ellesmere Port