We hired the Jessop and Gilbert suites for our daughters wedding reception this month. After an initial hiccup when we had a call saying the hotel had double booked and we had to change the date, and me having to stand firm and refuse to cancel, everything worked out well in the end. The room was just big enough for our 90 guests and looked beautiful decorated by Events HQ and the hotel. The BarryMac disco was excellent for a wedding. The bar was reasonable priced and stocked everything our guests wanted. My daughter and her husband stayed in the bridal suite which is a penthouse 2 room suite and it was lovely. Complimentary Champagne was in the room and there was a large lounge area with 2 sofas, dining table etc. The bedroom was a very good L shaped size and the bathroom was huge with a deep bath and large separate jacuzzi shower. Very comfortable room. We all stayed for breakfast and at £13.95 a head may seem a bit expensive, but the choice was excellent. Everything from continental, to cereals, to fruit and a large cooked breakfast choice. The setting is very peaceful looking out over the Boat Museum and canal with its swans and ducks swimming in the water. Excellent location as in a peaceful setting but right next to the motorway connections for LIverpool/Manchester and close to Cheshire Oaks and Chester for shopping.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Ellesmere Port/Cheshire Oaks, whether for leisure weekends in the Chester area or that business trip or conference to the North West. The hotel is delightfully situated on the tranquil and attractive Wirral peninsula near the historic river Mersey waterfront, adjacent to the award winning National Boat Museum, with immediate access to both historic City of Chester or across the River Mersey to Liverpool. Liverpool John Lennon Airport is only 30 minutes away, Manchester International Airport only 40 minutes away and with a P&O fast ferry service to Ireland available in Liverpool, the hotel is the most central position to explore the whole of the North West of England. All 83 luxuriously air conditioned bedrooms with HSIA connections have splendid views of the surrounding locks and canal waterways. Our Leisure club includes indoor swimming pool, sauna, sun shower and gymnasium. The hotel is near to Royal Liverpool Golf Cub, Chester Race Course, Blue Planet Aquarium, Cheshire Oaks Designer Outlet Village & Chester Zoo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Ellesmere / Cheshire Oaks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Ellesmere / Cheshire Oaks Hotel Ellesmere Port
- Holiday Inn Ellesmere Port
- Ellesmere Port Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Ellesmere / Cheshire Oaks Ellesmere Port