“Easter break”

The Cheshire Yeoman
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are dedicated to Real Food, Real Kitchen, Real Chefs. We do not do fast food, but we do great food as fast as we can.
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Stayed at a local hotel nearby and ate here both Saturday and Sunday afternoon. The quality of the food was excellent on both occasions, staff were efficient and friendly and the prices were very reasonable. Between us we had steak, fish, chicken and a Sunday lunch; the mushroom starter is to be recommended. We would travel to eat here again if staying in Chester.

1  Thank Paul L

Reviewed April 18, 2014

I am a local and have lived near the pub for 10 years. We have visited a number of times and really want this pub to be brilliant. I have young children and this pub could make a fortune if they made an effort with the family demographic. There is a dangerous children's play area and the car park is full of glass. The food is very good but the service is beyond slow. We waited 45 minutes for fish and chips in a pretty empty pub. I get the distinct impression that the pub welcome families because they have to not because they want to. Tonight's service was disgraceful with the landlady being nothing but disgustingly rude to the customers. It's a clicky pub, you are welcome if you are a regular but are treated with a cool air if you aren't and whatever you do don't take children, they are not welcome. Beyond disappointing and I would not recommend!

3  Thank Katie H
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Visited the Cheshire Yeoman for a Saturday night meal on the spur of the moment and had a really good experience. The fillet steak was one of the best my partner has ever had (and he's a steak afficionado) and my filet mignon was perfect, with a mushroom, cream and brandy sauce. Service was a little slow at times, but this is forgivable given the quality of the food. We'll definitely be back to sample other items from the menu.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

We could not fault the food. They obviously use an excellent butcher, and the food was cooked to order.Can recommend the filet mignon.The only thing was, the order took along time to come, but we were warned about this,perhaps not suited to hungry children!Waitresses really friendly and professional.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I have been several times to The Cheshire Yeoman and have been very impressed with the quality of food and presentation. I have had 7oz rump steak three times and each time it was cooked to my perfection. My husband has had the Hunters Chicken and was also very satisfied with the size of the meal as both items were from the pub menu for just £6. Bargain price. I have since been back with 6 friends for a lunchtime celebration but did have to wait a little longer to be served. Will definitely be returning again.