“Fish n Chip Friday ”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited tonight with my Dog Holly for a Guinness.

Saw and smelt the fish n chips leaving the kitchen and thought, yeah why not.

Being a local I asked who was in the kitchen, Steve the new guy I was told.

Steve absolutely nailed it. 10/10 Fish and Chips and Mushy Peas cooked perfectly and served with a half of lemon and homemade tartare sauce.
The presentation and quality was just perfect. The food served at a just perfect temperature and I didn’t wait too long considering its all freshly cooked.

Claire the lovely lady who served me was really sweet, if I were still in business I would employ her in an instant.
Friendly, Genuine and a real asset to this pub that’s under new management.

Give this place a go. Under new ownership. Ignore the earlier yesteryear reviews.

1  Thank RodBromiley
Write a reviewReviews (490)

Reviewed September 7, 2019

Came here tonight for food and drinks, along with the Simply Red tribute. All three courses were really nice food and entertainment was great! Definitely coming again!

Reviewed September 1, 2019

What a fab place. The staff are very welcoming and friendly, the food is fantastic value and the gardens are gorgeous. So much nicer to visit a pub that is not a chain. Will definitely be back.

Reviewed September 1, 2019 via mobile

We wanted to avoid the chain restaurants at Cheshire Oaks, so...

Lovely looking pub so called in for a quick bite to eat. Good service, food came out quickly, but was not what we expected in terms of quality. Gammon was very, very dry and over cooked. Steak well cooked but rather tough. Seafood pasta OK but not great at all. We are not picky so this was a real letdown.

We were ravenous so didn’t send any of the food back, but £60 seemed expensive for 3 very average mains with soft drinks only.

Next time? Carluccio’s at Cheshire Oaks.

Date of visit: August 2019
2  Thank ecclestonsh
Reviewed August 27, 2019

I was out for the day with my sister and she is always saying how lovely this place is! Wow she was right! The food came out quick and HOT!! She had the mussels and fish cakes as starters, the flavours were perfectly picked to compliment the dishes. I had the peri peri chicken, it was delicious and my portion was spot on! We finished the meal with the ferrera cheesecake, it was lovely. Bargain too!

It's 5 mins from Cheshire Oaks- totally worth the drive, especially if you have kids there's a play area and a lovely pond with ducks there to keep the little ones entertained.

Date of visit: August 2019