“Service just as bad as the food!”
Review of Old Hall Farm

Old Hall Farm
Ranked #19 of 133 Restaurants in Ellesmere Port
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Milestone carvery
Yarm, United Kingdom
“Service just as bad as the food!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Popped into this pub for a quick tea after shopping at Cheshire oaks with my family. We chose a table and the waitress told us how a lot of food was unavailable because the menu would soon be changing. I ordered a cheese burger and the meat was disgusting. Just tasted like cheap manufactured meat. I asked for a side plate and sauces for my son and they never came. I ordered more drinks and after a 10 minute wait, they still hadn't arrived. When I asked the waitress, she said they were in the middle of a staff change. Jam roly poly desert was cold. Looks a nice pub from outside but it's shabby inside. For the first time I did not leave a tip and I will not be returning!

1 Thank Pop92

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Really nice”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This is a nice little place just over the way from Sainsburys at Cheshire Oaks and it is a very nice place with good food and an unusual building to boot, the upstairs is the best place to sit without a doubt.

Give it a try you will not be disappointed..

• Visited April 2013
Carlisle, U.K.
“Nice nosebag!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We called at this restaurant after a trip to cheshire oaks and found it to be decent value for money good food and well worth a visit stop. the restaurant and bar are very clean the staff very friendlyphone have a very good standard menu and lots of specials, something to suit everyone.

Aldridge, United Kingdom
“Dissapointing”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We thought this would be a good place to stop for lunch on the way to Blue Planet Aquarium, as its literally just round the corner from there.

Staff were friendly and welcoming, and took our order promptly.

We ordered sandwiches, and at £5 each were expecting something a bit special. They didn't have our first choice of filling, and what I eventually got was the thinnest sliced bread I've ever seen with a very thin layer of filling. There were literally 6 tortilla chips and half a sliced up lettuce leaf on the side. Definitely not what I'd expect for a pub sandwich in this day and age and certainly not worth £5 each.

Oh and by the way, the two for one deal does not include sandwiches! Which isn't made clear

1 Thank mlyden
Northwich, England, United Kingdom
“Rude waitress”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have just got back from eating here. We booked a table in the resturant upstairs as this was a surprise for my father for his birthday and retirement. When we got there all the lights were off and we were all made to feel uncomfortable like we were in the way. Eventually someone said "oh your over here" and pointed to a table that was dirty. During the meal the waitress that was serving our table was very rude. She was muttering under her breath and was very clear that she did not want to be serving us. We had a 5 year old little boy with us and she was very sarcastic to him. There was 15 of us eating there and we all felt like we had made a bad choice of venue for this special occasion. My partner and myself ordered the enchiladas which were microwaved and stuck to the plate. The only good thing about this evening was the deserts which were lovely.

1 Thank Charlotte C