“Warm welcome.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Pizza Express
Ranked #76 of 130 Restaurants in Ellesmere Port
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bright and modern, PizzaExpress Cheshire Oaks offers an exciting reinvention of Italian classics. A vibrant menu includes wholesome Romana-style pizzas with adventurous topping combinations, as well as fresh salads, an impressive range behind the bar and aromatic coffee blends. Family-friendly Pizza Express gives kids the chance to design their own pizzas.
Chester, United Kingdom
“Warm welcome.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

We received a warm welcome from the manageress Karen and she made us feel comfortable and set the scene for a pleasant meal.
Excellent pizza ,but on the small side relative to the price.

Not a place for a romantic meal and on a table nearby ,a couple sat with their teenage children,the boy had head-phones on.

Could not fault the service and our waitress Becky,went out of her way for us.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Chester
“Not impressed...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

I went here on the Bank holiday Monday... now I know it's going to be a busy day and I wouldn't like to work on that day either but they could have done so much better, the whole thing was a let down.

I have only been to pizza express a few times, never really been a big fan of it but I had a £25 gift voucher for my birthday and thought I'd better use it soon as I heard they take a £1 off each month once it's been a year old the card.

First off it was very busy, I expected that as it was the bank holiday. Waited a bit to be seated and we were put at the front of the restaurant. It was very small inside and noisy. There was a large party near us which I didn't mind but our table was so close to their's that everytime they needed to go out they bumped into us. I think they'd tried to squeeze in an extra couple of tables for the busy day, but it made it uncomfortably crowded.

I ordered the food which came quite fast - we ordered a romana goats cheese and carmilsed onion pizza and a regular american hot pizza with a side of garlic bread with mozzarella cheese and 2 coca colas.

I was surprised how small the normal pizza was compared to the romana one (I know they are different on the menu) but the normal one looked a lot smaller then previous times I have been. It was very soggy and greasy - I didn't enjoy it at all. My partner complained about his, not many toppings on it at all - felt like one we could have made quickly ourselves at home. The garlic bread was ridiculously tiny - couldn't have been more than about 6 inches long by 4 wide- what a waste of £4!!

Overall it was very disappointing. Felt we were being rushed the whole time for people waiting at the door wanting to come in. The staff didn't seem friendly at all. There was quite a few people with babies in with pushchairs, not that it bothered me but the tables were too close together for prams to squeeze through.

Near the end of the meal a waitress knocked right into my chair without saying sorry, she was trying to move a pushchair out and instead of saying ''excuse me'' just decided to barge past.

I also got the impression that me and my partner were looked down on a bit as most of the customers were dressed quite smartly, teenagers with Jack Wills clothes and all on iPads. Lots of business people also - so I felt a bit out of place just wearing jeans and a t-shirt.

Now I know it was a busy day but it was very poor service, and considering I had a £25 voucher it didn't stretch far. I would not go there again! I don't know what the big thing with Pizza express is - I'd rather stick to Pizza Hut!!

Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

This week, hubby and I went with friends at Cheshire Oaks and we eat at Pizza Express. It was crowded, but finally we found a table. The drinks were a bit expensive, but I loved the pizza.

I am a vegetarian and I had a few nice choices. I liked that the waiter remembered the order without writing it down. But we all had the impression we were pushed to finish faster, the bill arrived too fast.

Anyway, I'll probably go there again with I'm in Cheshire Oaks because I was happy with my pizza. Next time we'll go during the week, so probably will be better, less crowded.

Chester, United Kingdom
“Bogof”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

Food was ok and timings were good ... My only comment I felt our waiter( young guy with a tatoo you can see from his back, Dale I think) was slightly pushy and wanting to get over with.

Ellesmere Port, United Kingdom
“Pizza Express”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Personally I didnt find that Pizza Express was really for me. The general taste of the food for me just wasnt up to my standard, they also made a lot of confussions and we had to send some of the food back for example, two of my family members recieved their food stone cold, which was dissapointing considering we had to wait a while. This isnt a restraunt that I would personally chose to go to in the future but your experience may be different to mine.

Visited December 2012