“Nicest steak in town!”

Miller & Carter
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A unique steakhouse experience -At Miller & Carter we know a thing or two about steak. In fact, we could say that we're one of the best steakhouses in Ellesmere Port. But we'd rather leave that to your judgement.Because once you've tasted our hand-cut, 28-day aged British steaks you'll soon appreciate the care of our farmers, the exacting standards of our butchers and the passion of our chefs. Don't just take our word for it; book a table and decide for yourself.We're right next door to the Cheshire Oaks designer outlet, making us ideal for a spot of post-shopping lunch or dinner.The best of British beef -Our premium-graded British beef is reared on carefully selected, sustainable British farms. So whichever your favourite cut, we can trace every forkful back to the field.
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Been here a few times and the food is yummy yummy! Prices are a bit on the higher side, but the quality of the food is delicious, the sides and chips are also great. Service can be slow, we sat for about 30 mins waiting on our food, we wouldn't usually mind a wait but we were on the way to see a film so it kind of took the shine off the evening when we had to rush, apart from that, staff are friendly and location is great.

There are newer reviews for Miller & Carter

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Poor poor service , waited 25 mins for drinks and starter .. Can't say it was worth the wait. Steak was terrible, full of fat. Won't be returning.

1  Thank Florida4eva
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I took my 2 daughters here as a treat for my eldest's 18th birthday. After shopping in Cheshire Oaks we arrived between 5.30-6pm. We hadn't booked a table and were seated easily enough. I had called and asked about a dress code and it's only caps and track suits that they say NO to.

We were seated by a lovely young lady and had a waitress called Sarah (I think). She helped us with making our choices and was very friendly and attentive throughout our meal. Exactly how service should be in my opinion.

We didn't have any starters and were initially brought a large wedge of lettuce, with chosen dressings to 'cleanse our palates' before our steaks.

2 of us had fillet steaks and the other had ribs and rump steak. The fillet was absolutely amazing. Possibly the best I've ever had. It was divine. We all had fries and salad and everything was faultless.

We were torn when it came to selecting from the dessert but Sarah came to our aid again. We had chocolate brownies and creme brulee.

I must admit, even though I LOVE anything with chocolate, it was quite a task finishing the brownie after the steak and although again divine I'd probably opt for the Mango Eton Mess next time, as it was a mouthful too far - even for me and that's saying something.

It is not a cheap restaurant but well worth it for an 18th celebration and I shall most definitely be going back again very soon if I can find a significant excuse for it!!!

I can't comment on how 'child-freindly' the menu is but personally I don't think it's really a place to take younger 'little people'. I'd probably advise around 12 years old or more to do the food proper justice and to appreciate it all.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

The Miller and Carter Restaurant is conveniently situated in Cheshire Oaks, an Outlet shopping centre in Cheshire. Whether you are doing your shopping or going to the cinema, call in at this restaurant for a meal. It does not take reservations before 8pm, and it can become busy so I would advise to book beforehand if you want a table after 8pm. You can stay by the bar area and have your drinks or light snacks, and the dinning area is concentrated on the right with the kitchen towards the back of the restaurant. The decor is quite contemporary with soft lighting and comfortable chairs. Their speciality is steaks, from sirloin, ribeye, fillet to T-bone, you take your pick. The burgers are fabulous and you can build your own with a variety of condiments at extra costs. The steaks are very good and really delicious, cooked to your liking, served with plenty of chunky chips. If you do not fancy steaks or burgers, there are Italian and fish options.
Service is reasonable with a small wait. What we like about this restaurant is that they are more than willing to accommodate your request if you ask them to package any left over bones from your meal to take home for your dogs. We did on two occasions with our left over T-bones!
This is a place to be to enjoy juicy and delicious steaks and burgers. No doubt, we will be going back there soon.

The Wise-Ones
March and April 2013

Reviewed April 13, 2013

After a hard days shopping across the way at Cheshire Oaks we popped in here for an early dinner. I had never heard of this chain before, but was quickly very impressed.The interior design was first class and everything about the place oozed quality. Staff were attentive without being overbearing. The menu offered a wide choice and the waitress was happy to adapt my side orders (I can't stand lettuce!) I am a HUGE steak fan but 9/10 am disappointed with the steak in the UK as it always seems to be large pieces of thin meat similar to shoe leather! This was a totally diferent ball game, the steak was smaller but much thicker as cooked to perfection. I can't comment on my husbands food (although I do remember he enjoyed it) as I was enjoying my steak too much to care what he was eating. Bill was less than £50 for 2 delicious meals with drinks.
Such a shame Miller and Carter don't have a restaurant close to where I live