“Faultless”

Reserve a Table
Bookatable
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Inspired by French cuisine and Parisienne bistro style. Cafe Rouge is your local bistro to enjoy delicious food and gorgeous glass of wine.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had a lovely evening from start to finish. Service was excellent from Terri. Food was amazing and very reasonably priced. Will be going back again very soon.

Date of visit: September 2019
CafeRougeC3, Manager at Cafe Rouge - Cheshire Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Bonjour,

Thanks for the fab 5* review so glad you had such an enjoyable visit and Terri looked after you so
well!
Hope to see you again soon!

Merci

Write a reviewReviews (1,546)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My partner and I visited today and was served by heather, she was very helpful and very polite, we both had a drink and garlic bread with cheese and it was great, fresh hot and very tasty, my partner had the white bait and I had garlic mushrooms which both were very tasty, we both had the beef bourguignon burger... it had to be the best burger iv ever had ..... it was amazing... a bit messy to eat but so good it was worth it... heather was so attentive and a lovely waitress, we would both recomend cafe rouge and will be back again

Bonjour,

Thanks for the lovely review, will pass on to Heather who will be delighted she made your visit special.
Look forward to welcoming you again soon,

Merci

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Visited yesterday (16th Sept) about 5pm. Nice window table, order taken straight away, baby and toddler made very welcome. Starters arrived promptly but then the waiter tried to clear away before the children had finished eating. Main courses arrived - and I have to say I would not fault the food - but the service became non-existant. As other diners left, no tables were cleared or cleaned so we ended up surrounded by dirty dishes and spilled food. The staff kept disappearing so that very often there was nobody front of house at all. We waited over half an hour for a pre-ordered dessert from the childrens menu and eventually had to ask for it at the bar. Nobody approached us for a refresh on drinks, or offered an adult dessert menu, we had to go over to the till to ask for the bill. Needless to say we did not leave a tip. I wont be returning. Oh, and was there a reason for two out of three ladies toilet cubicles locked from the inside and nobody in them???

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Popped in for a meal and regretted it even before I had eaten
Staff were abrupt and seemed to be stressed, not sure if there was management pressure but it felt like it
Didn’t help when somebody from the kitchen opened the door and to everyone’s amazement shouted really loud for staff to collect food. This was across the restaurant so not confined to a small area
At that point I was ready to walk, but my friends were hungrier that me.
Food delivered and dropped onto the table by a waitress, enjoy and walked off. Bazaar.

Quality of food, very average and certainly won’t be going back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were given a table next to the bar which was covered in dirty dishes which were not removed. We were also bombarded by flies throughout stay. My choice of Ribeye steak was poor in quality and was later informed that this item was due for removal due to the number of complaints. The New sweet that was ordered was not available. Due to apparent staff shortage, there was a long wait even though the restaurant did not seem to be busy.