Tripadvisor
Crewe

“Main course and dessert.”
Review of The Rising Sun

The Rising Sun
Ranked #8 of 220 Restaurants in Crewe
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Traditional Inn serving great food and a tempting range of quality cask ales the regularly change and wines served by the glass or by the bottle. We also have a range of Gin. Large garden and patio areas for the Summer time
Reviewed January 21, 2020

I had been to the Rising Sun a few years ago and enjoyed the meal. My journey took me past it tonight and I thought I'd pop in and try the fare again! A pleasant welcome from the staff and meal brought to the table within minutes. Very nice food and all washed down with a lovely draught cider! Keep up the very good standard folks!

Date of visit: January 2020
Greene_K1ng, Owner at The Rising Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Many thanks for your 5 ⭐️ review. Always a pleasure to read such lovely comments. Hopefully we will see you again soon.
Take care
Emma

Write a reviewReviews (985)

Reviewed January 17, 2020 via mobile

I came in with are group from church and was highly delighted with the customer suvise we got sat down buy the manager emma who was very good but was not seen thow the entire meal the young blond lad was very good and very confident and good not do enough for us would definitely recommend going the yonder lad is highly talented and has a bright future ahead. We look forward to for the next meal there.

Date of visit: January 2020
Greene_K1ng, Owner at The Rising Sun, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2020

Many thanks for the 5⭐️ review. Always a pleasure seeing your party here and looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed January 13, 2020

Fantastic Lamb Pie accompanied with mash, veg and gravy. We were served by Lauren who was extremely friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble and we didn’t feel rushed throughout our meal. We will be coming back!

Review collected in partnership with Greene King
Reviewed January 12, 2020 via mobile

Mmm it was a very nice meal taste wise, my complaints are there was nowhere near enough chips to go with it,it was the smallest portions ever and I went away hungry after paying £12-13 for mine,I was very disappointed I had pie and chips, my 10 year old son was the same no where near enough chips, he had burger and chips I would of said something but nobody came to ask us if everything was ok with the meal, I hope somebody reads this from there and rectifies it for next time as I would try it again as it’s local to me,

1  Thank rikki661
Reviewed January 11, 2020

Great food service let you down waited for desert menu then for her to take the order then gave up paid and left

Review collected in partnership with Greene King
1  Thank COLIN B
Greene_K1ng, Owner at The Rising Sun, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2020

Hi Colin
Many thanks for the 5 ⭐️ rating.
Sorry on this occasion you were left waiting for your dessert order to be taken, I will pass on your comments to the team so we can ensure this doesn’t happen.
Hope to see you again soon
Emma