“Tony M”

The Rising Sun
Ranked #17 of 191 Restaurants in Crewe
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Traditional Inn serving great food and a tempting range of quality cask ales the regularly change and wines served by the glass or by the bottle. We also have a range of Gins that are enjoyable served with a range of tonics or even rose lemonade!
Reviewed October 31, 2013

A perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon. The food is excellent and the location perfect.
The roast turkey and the sweets were fine.
would recommend the Sunday meals anytime. Staff were very attentive.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Tried it again, based on the reputation of 2-3 years ago. Relaxed surroundings, and pleasant service but the meal was way below average. Chips hard and greasy - my wife, who knows about these things, reckons they had been re-cooked, and the scampi fried in oil that was too hot, so too hard on the outside. Went home disappointed and had a bar of chocolate to get rid of the greasy taste. I wish it well, but this was a disappointment.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

The rising sun . When I was growing up and in my teens it was a really nice pub with a good reputation good beers . Great location and it used to be packed .
Now . mmmmmmm not so good ...great location guess u cant mess that up but I think the pub relies on that and makes no effort .
Today I had cheese garlic bread . If i wanted cheese on toast I'd stay at home . Chicken fajitas dry and tasteless . My wife had the beef dinner and the vegetables and meat were shockingly bad . watery and tasteless.
The dessert ( why I lasted this long !!!) the black forest sundae . Was dire ......I left it it was appalling . Spent 50 quid and feel a bit robbed to be honest .
The only good thing is the service . The staff are lovely and friendly and gave my dog biscuits .nice touch . So I feel bad giving it a terrible but staff friendliness should be a given !
But my recommendation sack the chef ..he's terrible and we will not eat there again !

2  Thank Norbs1971
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We called at the Rising sun on Saturday 21 sept after a cancelled reservation at another venue.
Initial impressions were good ,good range of drinks,pleasant decor and capable bar staff.
Menu looked good tried a hunters chicken and a veggie paella..
I am the veggie ,one just fancied a change.
Food arrived on a sizzler type plate not very warm ,food was pleasantly presented but rather lacking in quantity.
The chicken did have an accompanying side salad and fries whilst the paella was a large spoon of rice a bit of pepper and a couple of cashew nuts . I make paella myself what was on the plate must have cost approx 50p this for £8.50.
SORRY NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband and I really like the Rising Sun when we are visiting Nantwich or Crewe. The food and wine is excellent value for money but we really can do without the children. I know that it is a family friendly pub but it seems that parents seem to think that there children are allowed to wander at will and are allowed around the bar area. I have actually seen a small boy 8 or 9 carrying drinks from the bar. Not on as far as I am concerned, my children when small were not allowed anywhere near the bar and certainly not allowed to touch alcohol. Please Rising Sun make parents aware that they are still responsible for the behaviour of their children and other diners often do not want their space intruded on by other peoples rug rats.

1  Thank Lesley H