“bad [--]”

The Rising Sun
Ranked #15 of 188 Restaurants in Crewe
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Traditional Inn serving great food and a tempting range of quality cask ales the regularly change and wines served by the glass or by the bottle. We also have a range of Gins that are enjoyable served with a range of tonics or even rose lemonade!
Reviewed May 31, 2013

they have a board on the road ..saying 2 mains for £ 9.99 as long as u like bangers and mash or something on a stick....
well it was our 1st time and our last time to visit this pub because
no meet and greet 1st ... told to just find some wear to sit .. then goto to the bar to order what u want .the menu was [--] 10 mins in then out....pizza hut was just as bad , but the beefeater
was very good ...very good

MCMLXI_Lacabana, General Manager at The Rising Sun, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

Thank you for you eloquent and constructive review, we are sorry to hear that the nature of informal dining in the Pub was not to your liking and that generous helping of Suffolk pork sausages with onion gravy or neither of the two vegetarian options on our great value menu were to your appeal, nor the Haddock and chips choice of peas, Chilli meat burrito, hand carved honey roast ham served with two eggs, haddock Florentine bake or grilled chicken breast with a cheddar and Tewksbury sauce. However I can recommend the generous portions of freshly prepared fish goujons or breaded garlic mushrooms you could have started with or finished with a wedge of chocolate caramel fudge cake ps Sticks are not usually served with the 2 for £9.95 Meals but can be provided on request

There are newer reviews for The Rising Sun

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I quite often visit for a cheeky after work drink! Decided to have lunch today as the food looked lovely. Excellent value for money and attentive staff, I will be eating here again.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I and six friends went for a meal in the early evening of 27th May, Bank holiday Monday. I had not been in this pub for a number of years, as the last time was a big disappointment. But I had heard it was greatly improved to how it had been. I was not disappointed this time.
Although we had not booked a table, within minutes we had a table for seven set out for us. The staff were very friendly, and the bar had a good selection of Draught beers.
I ordered sirloin steak which was cooked exactly to my liking, and well presented. All my friends also enjoyed their meals. There were a good selection of sweets on offer and I indulged in an ice cream and meringue topped with clotted cream. An excellent choice. I and my friends will most certainly return there in future.

Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Just average pub food, nothing special. We ate on a bank holiday which meant that the £9.95 for 2 meals was not available. So I had chips with steak and ale pie. Chips were frozen and not home made. Pie similar - not home made and brocolli and cauliflower also frozen. Pie actually tasted good though.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I Come for a meal with family and it was the best experience I have had in terms of service and quality of the food..we entered the pub and were immediately greeted by a member of staff who then explained how their restaurant worked, after we got settled we ordered at the bar with an extremely friendly barman, I ordered the chicken fajitas! When the meals arrived after about 15 minutes I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the fajitas. The waitress was very efficient at her job and got us everything we needed to enjoy our meals. This is a real treasure of a pub with a great atmosphere.

3  Thank ARH_2374