“Great tapinyaki”

Goomet
Ranked #31 of 193 Restaurants in Crewe
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Asian, Sushi
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Tarporley
“Great tapinyaki”
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Went on a Wednesday and it was very quiet. If you go here go for the tapinyaki - food is cooked in front of your eyes and is such a wide variety of flavours. Very filing as well. The staff are very attentive. Totally unique with the chef cooking at your table. Defo recommended!

Crewe, United Kingdom
“takeaway”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Disappointing. We wanted a takeaway and after having a leaflet delivered we thought we would give Goomet a try. We ordered starters and mains and one of the starters was crispy duck. Not at all crispy but very very dry. Another part of the starters included spare ribs and these were also very dry. We felt as though the duck and the ribs hadnt been cooked fresh and had just been 'sitting around' (which would make seese as the delivery time was super quick...) The mains were ok but the chicken kong po was unlike any i have tasted before. We wont be ordering again which is a shame as we have eaten in the restaurant and enjoyed it.

Visited June 2014
canada
“good fresh food”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

went with a group of 7 for dinner. Ordered from the set meals--the fish menu. Also ordered some sushi to start.
The sushi was fresh and well made.. have eaten it all over and this compares favourably. Rice well flavoured and tender--no long refrigeration here.
The set meal was Gigantic by my standards, and Chinese cuisine rather than Japanese. As we were a big group, we sat around the open cooking area and watched each course being cooked as we needed it.
Started with an onion/mushroom combo, next little chicken dumplings,salmon, sea bass, shrimp, scallops, squid, all individually seasoned, rice with egg, bean sprouts, more or less in that order. I stopped eating about 2/3 the way through, though there were folks who finished. Doggy bag taken home and provided lunch and dinner the next day.
Also an extensive a la carte menu, and take-out. Place is spotless, and staff very polite and helpful, though limited conversational English. this last is NOT a complaint--I am there to eat, and they to cook and serve, but I have read some grumbles, to my disgust. I do not eat out in UK a great deal, so I am not au fait as to prices, so you would need to go on line to find out. For 7, with drinks and some wine, with reasonable tip, ?£290 or so. good value.

Crewe, United Kingdom
“Great Night Out”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I visited Goomet along with 14 members of my family. It is a great eating expereience sitting around the tepanyaki hotplate watching yopur meal being prepared for you. The food is also excellent as is the service. The staff are very welcoming and efficient. This is the 3rd. time I have visted this restaurant and it will not be the last. I would recommend this place if you are looking for a new dining expereience. A great night out.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“shame”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

having used the take away side of the restaurant for 5 months over i have found the quality going down, also the value for money is not as good with the 3 for £12 offer being withdrawn.