“Hidden gem”

Overall excellent
Would certainly come again
Would recommend to anyone

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Had an excellent meal here. On a par with what I'd expect from a restaurant in London, Manchester or Birmingham at half the price. Great night and excellent service.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Visiting Crewe, we fancied a Chinese meal and happened on Goomet, in a street of take-aways. The menu looked OK but the outside appearance was scruffy. Inside is much better & we had a thoroughly enjoyable meal, reasonably priced, with plenty of free refills of tea without having to ask. We ate early and there were few other diners but a group of 8 young Asians (including one who said they they were Chinese) came in & the waiter was very solicitous as to the type of food they liked so it could be prepared.
Service was fast, efficient and caring. We'd go again.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I have driven past Goomet many times but never fancied the look of the restaurant. It appears a little shabby and uncared for. However, my step-daughter asked to go there to celebrate her 21st birthday and I was very pleasantly surprised.

We sat at the cooking table and were guided by the staff. We had one of the set menus and the food was fantastic, very fresh and plenty of it. The chef spoke minimal English but he was good fun. The waiting staff were friendly and educated us in the art of drinking Saki!

The toilest weren't the best I have visited but were adequate.

Overall, we had a great evening and will be going back. I can't believe it has taken me so long to go in the first place, I have definitely been missing out. Not a cheap night but we all felt it I was we'll worth the money.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Visited recently for a birthday celebration, opting for the teppanyaki. There's a large selection available on the menu, with some reasonably priced set menus which include many different meats or fish. Agreeing with what a previous reviewer said, perhaps not the best place if you're a vegetarian.

We all went for the set menu with fish, which included; scallops, sea bass, shrimps, salmon, vegetables, and egg fried rice at the end. Plenty of food which wasn't rushed, finished off with a little performance with the fried egg at the end.