“hidden gem”

Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Don't judge its book by its cover is all I can think of by introducing this restaurant. It is because of this place I became hopeful towards other teppanyakki restaurants in this country, I decided if theres such a good restaurant in Crewe, certainly theres gotta be better ones in other parts of the country as well. Well guess what, I have tried one in London, one in Liverpool and decided that I had to stop before it ruins me for life. The chef at Goomet is best by far and their seafood option on their menu is gorgeous. Great place for either party, romantic dinner and I go there mostly with my 3 children. They love it!

4  Thank Joysical

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I organised an outing here for the WI dining club. We were not disappointed. Pleased to report the standard of food and service remain high. Our members enjoyed their theatrical dining experience.

Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

This place can serve food like no where else for miles.
It is truly a wonderful find delivering faultless
Teppanyaki.
Forget the Chinese food here, its the same as any other locally but the Teppanyaki is special. Really.
Just choose the set menu A B or C and enjoy as your japanese chef prepares everything in front of you and serves it within seconds of it being ready.
Make sure you sit at the hotplate and not on a normal table as this is an experience not just taste.
The prawns will amaze you, guaranteed.
Wash it down with the japanese beer Asahi or just a jasmine tea.

2  Thank Upyourgame
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Goomet is by far one of the best restaurants I have been to in Staffordshire/Cheshire. It doesn't have fancy bells on it in terms of extravagant decor/teppanyaki showboating etc but it doesn't need it as the food speaks for itself (they throw egg at you and set things on fire so we're all happy right?!)

I've visited Goomet for every aspect of the menu (teppanyaki, sushi and the regular menu) and it is all to a high quality and delicious. It's good honest food.

In regards to the previous reviews regarding portion size, I will agree that some of the Salmon/steak fillets etc are not to what we would consider Western sizes but I feel this represents the character of the restaurant. Where it lacks in portion size it makes up in flavour.

If you want a good feed and value for money the teppanyaki is the way forward. I was already full before I was served the final 4 courses! (still managed to squeeze them in though).
The best thing on the menu in my opinion is the teppanyaki steak. On the regular menu it's around £9 and might be considered costly for the portion size. So my advice is to have it included with an array of other delicious dishes for £25 on the teppanyaki table (Menu T-C)

All in all I highly recommend this family run business.

1  Thank Lauren024
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Try Goomet of Crewe for a great eating experience.
The Tappan Yaki is great with friends.
A great selection of freshly cooked food before your eyes.
The service is friendly and efficient.