All reviews corner bar train station lovely breakfast in the morning enjoyed my stay full english breakfast no lift comfy bed venue pint suite kettle motorway bath
Selected filters
Reviewed April 23, 2019

I had a lovely stay in Crewe, The Royal hotel is situated next to the train station which is a highly convenient location. The hotel is stunning and the staff are really helpful and friendly! The bar downstairs and nightclub were both fantastic and the breakfast the following morning was delicious! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to visit Crewe. I'll most definitely be back!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 22, 2019 via mobile

Really enjoyed my stay here. The staff were fantastic and the Full English in the morning was delicious. Great bar downstairs and the music was fantastic in the nightclub. Looking forward to my next stay there.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2019 via mobile

We had a fabulous evening in the newly refurbished bar/ club room and a night staying here. The hotel had a great atmosphere and staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was spacious, tastefully decorated and very clean. This hotel is very near the station and has many charming features. The food is good too. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2019

Enjoyed a one night stay in this hotel. It is ever so convenient for the train station. Stayed in a boutique room. Adequate size and comfortable bed. Staff all friendly and very helpful. Good value for money. Just note no lift though.

Reviewed March 19, 2019

Room itself was gorgeous but freezing cold, had to get a radiator brought up. Graham in the bar was helpful and pleasant and the chef was awesome even though his uniform had a huge stain in front and took three goes to get our order right, but the food was good . Shame I can’t say the same for the owner/manager... went to tell him that the (single glazed, therefore ultra noisy) windows didn’t close properly, the bathroom door wasn’t hung properly and didn’t close, there was no iron or hairdryer either. There was a sign on the bathroom door saying to run the taps for five minutes to get hot water. Ran the shower for 20 mins , still no hot water, went to see manager, I was perfectly polite, he didn’t let me finish, just started shaking his head while I was in mid sentence and walked over to another member of staff. Obviously thought I couldn’t read or couldn’t turn a tap... other guy came up to room, ran shower for another 15 mins and admitted there was no hot water... another 20 mins pass and manager knicks in door to explain the boiler had tripped so hot water had gone off. They did manage to get the window closed but was still really draughty and noisy with police cars and traffic roaring by all night. By then I was exhausted after travelling all day so gave up. Colleagues room was even worse. Breakfast was nice although they only had one person serving and one cooking so took ages to arrive. They were gracious enough to give us a full refund when my company rang to complain, but won’t be staying there again. All it would have taken was to move me to a warmer room and some customer care from the manager but now, 21 of us will be staying for 3 weeks at another hotel. Lot of revenue lost through lack of basic customer service.

Room tip: Take a warm jacket and earplugs!
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Will B, Manager at The Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2019

We offer our sincere apologies for your experience and we are very sorry that, on this occasion, we did not get this right. Thanks for giving us the feedback as we strive to continually improve and offer an excellent service to all our guests. We hold our hands up to a sub-par performance when dealing with this matter. Unfortunately the issue with the boiler was not detected by ourselves until it was too late, but steps have been taken to make sure this will never happen again.

We are pleased that you found the room gorgeous and we are happy that you accepted our full refund. We hope that in the future you might be able to come back and give us another try.