“One of the best H I Express hotels we have used”

Holiday Inn Express Crewe
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Crewe
United Kingdom
“One of the best H I Express hotels we have used”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I booked an advance purchase room which was great value. The hotel is conveniently located and has a good "underground" car park with easy access to the hotel.
The welcome was excellent and the room rate included free wifi which was a pleasant surprise.
Shame Holiday Inn Hotels charge for this.
The room was comfortable, clean and well equipped with an excellent wet room style shower. One minor gripe is that there is only one proper chair, but I guess the hotel mainly caters for single business clients. The room was very quiet. I chose one on the first floor which faces the back of the hotel. The staff advised against the top floor as was a sunny day and this floor apparently warms up a lot!
The included breakfast was basic but good with cooked items available. We could have eaten an evening meal in the hotel but decided to try the nearby Italian restaurant, Giovannis. Not a particularly good choice - see my separate review.
All in all the H I Express is thoroughly recommended.

Room Tip: First fllor rooms face the rear of the hotel and seem to be quiet
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
CraigPearmain, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crewe, responded to this review, July 5, 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Stayed here on the way back from Bradford as we wanted to go to Stoke on Trent to replace some china. We usually stay at the HI express Stoke but this time it was £79 which we thought VERY expensive considering the Crewe one cost £49.…..
Talking to the receptionist it turned out that it used to be a Ramada, not surprised as it wasn’t like any other HI express we’ve stayed in. Our room was on the top floor with floor - ceiling windows in a bay and the bathroom was much bigger too, only drawback was that the pillows were hard..
The breakfast was the usual HI express buffet and fine. We did have a few problems getting into our room, but the lady on reception ( Sian ? ) could not have been more helpful. The only drawback here is the parking which is a sort of one way system round the ground floor, we got parked ok but if the hotel is busy I could see there would be problems. We would stay here again though because it is good value and cheaper than other franchises in the area, and very easy to get to Alton Towers and other attractions in the area. Would particularly like to thank the staff, well above average.

Room Tip: They are all good
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2013

One Night Stay for a friends wedding.

Hotel was pretty spotless though my complimentary coffee tray with cups and spoons was quite dusty with some strands of hair !!

Phone by the bed and electric sockets by the bed....what a luxury. Tv stations were limited though.

Breakfast was okay though quite busy but the staff did a good job to keep their guests happy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us and leaving us a review. The Tv channels are something that we are currently looking at to improve the options available I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 22, 2013

stayed for one night several times.
room very clean. staff very helpful and cheerful
breakfast under heat lamps ok nothing special but at least there was something to eat before gong to work coffee plentful and very nice

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
CraigPearmain, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crewe, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
St Albans
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Well located and clean - that's the best I can say about this hotel. I was given a Disability Access room (no idea why) so while this would be great for someone in a wheelchair the toilet seat was rather high & the wash basin too low.

But that was not the problem. This particular room 301 was on the top floor and I was kept awake most of the night by the sound of water running through pipes, with filling/emptying tanks and various switch gear tripping in & out with loud clunks.

Food was average (at best) and when ask if I enjoyed my stay, the receptionist seemed surprised when I made my comments. An apology was given but no explaination nor offer to reduce my bill for the inconvienience caused. Poor customer service.

Looks like its back to Premier Inns.

Room Tip: Avoid room 301
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
CraigPearmain, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crewe, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and leaving us a review. I will look into water issue as this is the first time it has been raised. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Crewe hotels

Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We recently had a one nights stay to attend a friends birthday party. The young girl on reception was extremely accommodating, friendly and helpful & also served us in the bar & couldn't do enough for us. The hotel was spotlessly clean in both the room and public areas. The room itself was adequate for what we needed with en-suite which was beautiful and although at the front of the building it was extremely quiet. The bar area was spotless and toilets really up to date modern & clean. There was a self service coffee machine. Unfortunately I cannot comment on the breakfast as I was a bit worse for wear the next day so didn't make it. There is plenty of parking. I would reccomend this hotel without hesitation and would definitely stay again if I was in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AngelaPollard
Thank you for staying with us and leaving us a review. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice now and it is fine The hotel fits into the budget bracket but is reasonably well kitted out and well kept. The rooms are clean and the staff friendly. The beds are huge and the room quiet. My only complaint about this chain is the quality of the breakfasts. In ten years of staying in hotels I have never had such consistent low quality - not specific to the Crewe site I should say. If you are travelling by train this hotel is a short walk from the station. Overall I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get one at the back of the building, away from the road
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Steve_mad
Thank you for staying with us and leaving us a review. The breakfast offering is currently being looked into in the Express brand. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crewe
Best Western Crewe Arms Hotel
#1 of 1 in Weston
The Crown Hotel
The Crown Hotel
#5 of 5 in Nantwich

Been to Holiday Inn Express Crewe? Share your experiences!