While my stay was on the whole acceptable [but not that good value], there were couple of basic points/shortcomings which should have been simple to solve, but at least one was just stymied by shrugged shoulders and so stained the memory of the stay...
Putting aside the creaking flexing corridor [a wake up call in the morning?] and room floors, the sleep quality was OK. While the double room was large and brightly decorated [excepting the black paint the stains from the work chair rubbing against the white wall], the double bed was in fact two single mattresses placed side by side, so you couldn’t comfortably stretch out, a fact no choice of hard/soft pillows could resolve….
However, this visit seems to have fallen foul of the faulty room TV aerial cable[?] system on this occasion getting; “…no/weak channel signal…” all the time while at the hotel… An associate on a visit last year apparently encountered a similar problem, which was only cured by a room change… Yes, a room change was offered [on leaving...!] on the second [Sunday] morning, but on the first [Saturday] morning, when the fault was first reported, the only response were shrugged shoulders and “…we can’t do anything about it…”
The receptionist on the Saturday night valiantly had two attempts trying to fix it, while I was out but couldn’t… However, on returning back from another evening meal in town, they were already off duty, and again it was also far too late to contemplate a change anyway… This person even stated they had had the repairer in some days before and it was all apparently fine then throughout the hotel… All that was wanted [both evenings] was to unwind and get some simple news info – at a late evening time when the hotel bar [and associated public TV] was shut down.
On the first evening arrival was quiet late, and so went almost straight out to eat for a full meal, after a long afternoon travelling, [had you shilly-shallied around snagging many restaurants easily could have been closed…]. Only on returning, even later, and settling down for bed was the TV discovered not to be working… NB You shouldn’t have to check/test every simple piece of equipment in a supposed higher quality hotel room is functioning/present and correct, every time you walk through the door of a bedroom for the first time/each night should you?
On the Sunday morning the baked beans were entirely absent from the hot food breakfast display [had the hotel perhaps run out?]? In [their?] place, there were two trays of hot bacon rashers just taking up space and so likely going to waste… A lot more time could have been spent [and likely wasted] trying to sort out one or both of these issues, but if either one couldn’t have been resolved in a timely fashion then it would have been a pointless effort…
NB The “management” [whomever they are], have yet to contact me about this sub-standard stay…
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Crewe, is an exciting addition to Crewe and the Holiday Inn Express chain. Located just a few minutes walk from the rail station, the hotel is perfect for guests travelling on business or guests looking to explore the beautiful Cheshire countryside and its many attractions; historic houses such as Tatton Park and Arley Hall, castles such as Beeston and Peckforton or explore the nearby cities of Chester, Liverpool and Manchester. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Crewe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Crewe Hotel Crewe
- Ramada Crewe
- Crewe Ramada
- Holiday Inn Express Crewe England