“Excellent Value”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Crewe
Cardiff
“Excellent Value”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed here three times when visiting friends in Crewe and always enjoy our stay. Clean large rooms. Breakfast is great. Has excellent Beefeater attached, ideal for evening meal or drink . We are returning again in March and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed May 2012
CreweWestPI, Manager at Premier Inn Crewe West Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Hi DarcieCardiff,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. It is always nice to receive positive feedback from our guests.

I have also passesd your comments to our breakfast and dinner teams and I am delighted you will be returning to stay again in March.

Look forward to seeing you soon

Regards
Kirsty
Team Leader

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Sussex
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Woman alone away on business so different town, different Premier, but I know what to expect when I walk through the door. Kerry on reception was a star, arranging cabs, ensuring table booked for dinner, even offering to get me a coffee whilst waiting for an early morning cab.
Room usual standard, although colder than I would have expected even with heating turned up, but nothing too major.
Beefeater next door, although pleasant, I did find that on the 3 nights I ate there that the service could be a bit hit and miss, examples: queued to be seated when hardly any tables were taken, sometimes a longer wait than expected to have order taken or a wait for the food to arrive, but at least it is convenient if nothing else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
CreweWestPI, Manager at Premier Inn Crewe West Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear HotelinspectorSussex,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Premier Inn. I'm glad you found our rooms to be the usual Premier Inn standard, I am concerned that the room didn't seem to warm up and will ensure maintainence check all heaters are operating fully.

I'm pleased to hear the team were helpful to you throughout your stay with us, we do pride ourselves in having a team who care for our guests and ensure they enjoy their stay.

I have passed your comments on to the General Manager of the Farmhouse Beefeater and he has asked me to pass on his apologies for the hit and miss service you experienced and has put steps into place to prevent this from happening again.

I do hope we see you again in the future,

Kindest Regards
Kirsty
Team Leader
Burgess Hill, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Was booked into this hotel by another. Was absolutely delighted as had not experienced Premier Inns previously. The whole set up was very clean. All the staff I came into contact with were pleasant and described thefacilities etc before I had to ask. I had a problem with my funder and the Reception staff sorted this out for me, themselves. The hotel was quiet and the breakfast - bought separately offered plentiful choices from light and healthy to hale and hearty. Ideal. I needed the hotel for an early morning appointment, therefore needing it for just one night and was able to leave fully relaxed and fed, in the morning.

Room Tip: Disabled access with ground floor rooms
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Island of Malta, Malta
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Spent a week there on my way home and this is where I usually stay when "up North" Nothing has changed, still a great place to stay when in Crewe which is a terrible place but I was born there and my parents still live there unfortunately, so I have to visit occasionally.

Staff and location are great as it is outside Crewe ground zero so you are on the periphery. Great restaurant and as stated building and room were very acceptable.

Room Tip: Avoid Crewe center if at all possible.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 13, 2013

As always when travelling business or pleasure the first question I ask is where is the nearest Premier Inn. So this is the first time I ventured up too Crewe for business. Choose this one over others nearby, due to it recently being modernised etc.
So we arrive greeted by a friendly receptionist(sorry can not remember her name). Easy check in, two rooms next near to each other.
The rooms were very spacious, clean, fresh and welcoming, which is great after a busy day travelling and working.
The bathroom was again, big,clean, plenty of towels. However, the hand soap dispenser was completely empty, so mentioned it to the receptionist who tried to replace it whilst I was out having food,but struggled, then I had ago later, and i ended up fixing/replacing the soap, which was no hassle, was nice that she tried and was willing to help.
However, one slight niggle, was the noise from the main road, I had to check I did not have the window open at one point, the traffic can be noisy if you are a light sleeper, try and get a odd numbered room.
The Beefeater is next door, once again,great food, quick service and friendly staff.
Overall great customer service from Premier Inn-Well Done. Will come again.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper-get a room opposite the pond area.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Tiverton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed a couple of nights over New Year, not to celebrate but because of a family emergency. The building is new, the staff are friendly and ultra efficient and the accommodation was great. We ate in the restaurant on New Years Eve .. slightly taken aback to find the usual menu was suspended and a New Years Eve menu in place - a fixed price for a three course meal which we wouldn't have opted for, but by this time it was too late to go elsewhere, tho it would have been useful to have been told this when I asked to book a table earlier in the day.. However, we took comfort in the fact that so many locals were having a celebratory dinner out there. The food was good, nothing earth shattering, but well prepared and presented. We asked for a cheeseboard rather than one of the desserts on offer and the cheeses were well kept, not chilled beyond redemption as you might have expected. The building is attractive and quiet to say it backs onto a busy road. On New Year's morning all guests were given a complimentary Continental Breakfast, sans croissants. But tea & toast was all we wanted. All in all a very pleasant place to stay especially when faced with fraught circumstances.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Cornwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 28, 2012

My two adult children are now married and have their own families which currently means that we can't stay with them, ie. No room at the inn! So good old Premier Inn take over. We had a great bed, friendly staff, a damn good breakfast which is a bit expensive for just one egg, a rasher of bacon, tea and toast but of course you can hog out and eat as much as you like. Example: First morning, waitress explains the system and my wife stated that she would like bacon. She got no further than that before the waitress asked "How many rashers?" My wife said "Can I have 4 please" and the waitress (Who was lovely) said "You can have as many as you like!!" Well, not being over greedy we settled for 2 eggs,4 rashers of bacon, tomatoes beans, toast, marmalade and coffee each. Well, it was Christmas! It was also freshly cooked and had not been kept on a warming plate for hours! The room was immaculate.There was no settee or armchairs but come on. What can you expect for the prices that Premier Inn charge? Want total unadulterated luxury, go somwhere else. Want somewhere to place your head at night in comfort stay here. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. Wi-Fi was free for 30 mins and then £3 for 24hrs!! Can't complain at that. Overall, recommended.

Room Tip: No idea. Booked on line. What we got was great. No complaints. Oh yes, we overlooked a busy roundab...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crewe
Premier Inn Crewe (Nantwich) Hotel
The Hunters Lodge
The Hunters Lodge
#4 of 9 in Crewe
Holiday Inn Express Crewe

Been to Premier Inn Crewe West Hotel? Share your experiences!