“Nice non corporate hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Hunters Lodge

The Hunters Lodge
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Crewe
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Nice non corporate hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Spent one night attending a wedding.
Rooms did what they say on the tin, clean tidy and modern.
The buffet food in the wedding reception was really good as was the breakfast.
Staff work hard and make every effort with the guests.
Nice to see a non corporate hotel surviving, all rooms were full and the hotel seemed really busy.
Rooms were very reasonably priced.
Would recommend.
Only slight complaint was the heating being on far to warm for my liking and no controls to adjust.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Hemel Hempstead
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on a 2 day visit to meet our new Grandson. Our room was in the stable block, which had a slight, smell to it. The receptionist was not very forthcoming on what was available in the hotel, didn't even tell us the time of breakfast, or where it was served. On arriving in the room, we discovered that there was only one hand towel between two of us, although there were 2 bath towels. The other receptionists encountered later were a very friendly bunch.
On going back over to reception, I was given another hand towel, with an apology. I also asked and was given instructions on where to find breakfast. The room and en suite were clean, but the ensuite had a musty, damp smell to it, and there was mould in some of the grout. Strangely there was no information folder in the room, which is standard in every other hotel in which we have stayed, there was just a list of foods for room service. Tea and coffee were ok, but no bottled water or glasses. Unfortunately, I didn't sleep at all well the first night, as the bed was far too firm and I am a 'back sufferer'.
Breakfast was very good and portions generous. Sadly when the room was serviced on the second morning, there was only one hand towel provided again. Another trip to reception remedied this.
On the second evening we ate in the bar, as the restaurant was being prepared for a wedding, with our Son and his wife as guests, the food was good and plentiful, not 'posh restaurant',but a good choice and reasonably priced. The staff took pains to explain that my choice of fish might be very boney, but I took the risk, and managed to debone successfully. Again, the staff were friendly and nothing too much trouble.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stayed for 4 nights as part of a conference in the local area.
I was travelling with my Mother, which is usually very stressful between her disability and my strange food allergies.
I can't say enough how awesome (and friendly) the staff were! Only hours after I'd booked and sent through a list of my allergies I had received a call from Nathan, their chef. He went through everything with me, and we worked together to ensure I was fed properly. This took all of the usual stress out of making sure I have enough to eat, and not having to fit in cab rides to supermarkets around co fence activities...
My mother's mobility problems weren't an issue, the staff were super-helpful and met every one of my requests to try to make her life as easy as possible. At no time was I made to feel like I was being a burden with my questions and requests for extra towels for the floor etc.
The Hunters Lodge would be my first choice for accommodation when I'm back in Crewe.
The friendly atmosphere and the cheerful staff were the definite highlight of my stay - at breakfast at 7am in the morning or 10pm at night!

Room Tip: Ground Floor rooms get footsteps from the room above.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

This hotel is laid out more like a motel with the bedrooms in a separate building to the bar/restaurant area which makes it nice and quiet. When I arrived, the receptionist changed my room as a wedding party was about to start nearby which was thoughtful of her. The room was smallish but very clean, in an L-shape, (the bathroom took a chunk out of the room) with a large single bed, en-suite bathroom (very nicely fitted out) and a sizeable wardrobe with spare bedding in. i was quite impressed that there was light switches by the bed so you didn't have to get out of bed to turn the light off! I was very impressed with the hotel and overall i would give it 9/10. The only downside is geographical in that it's a long way from the town centre and railway station, however there is plenty of parking space for the necessary car.

Room Tip: Ask to be situated away from the bar restaurant.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank brunettebird
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was lovely, after reading some reviews I was a little apprehensive about the noise at night but the rooms are separate from the bar and function rooms so we didn't hear a peep throughtout the night which is great as there was two party's one night and a wedding the second night.
Staff was very welcoming and the bar where we ate one night was lovely an the food too, we couldn't fault it. The only thing is the second night the fire alarm went off at midnight and we went outside but nobody was there to explain so we had to ask reception and just got told it was a false alarm.
The rooms where nice and clean but maybe could of done with a few touch ups but was a good size room and great bathroom.
Breakfast was nice, Sunday morning was help yourself and couldn't fault it and the Monday morning was brought to the table, just the bacon was a little dry but again nice breakfast other than that.
We really enjoyed our stay and would definantly visit again.

• Stayed August 2013
UK Birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was on an old pals reunion in Crewe and originally planned staying at the Holiday Inn as it was near the train station. As this was fully booked, I stumbled upon the Hunters Lodge, and boy did I like it here. Myself and a pal booked two single rooms (204/205) and they were simply fantastic. Exactly the sort of room you would all appreciate, very very clean and tidy, TV and tea making stuff, en-suite shower room. In fact the room was much better than I've had at good 4 star hotels all over the world. There was a view out of the window of a beautiful field and it was so relaxing. The staff were fantastic from when we first arrived to the moment we left and acted in the most professional manner I've seen for a long time. The breakfast included in the price of £41.50 was brilliant, self service, with a number of staff moving around the tables clearing away and making sure you had everything you needed. Best breakfast I've ever had in England with the usual full English plus some of the continental stuff/fruit etc.
I've had my moans and groans about hotels in the past, but I simply could not fault this place, so go ahead and book it, you won't regret it, and I'm booking again next year for our next reunion!

Room Tip: One overlooking the field at the rear, very quiet and relaxing.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
BEBFORD ENGLAND
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

3 senior people, from the very start when we arrived sad to discover the hotel was in the middle of a housing estate, reguarding the description set in 16 acres, where were they ?we expected to drive into a landscaped area swaved in shrubbery and trees,1 room had cold shower, and very slippy in the shower double room had a very small double bed ,the windows could not be secured for safety, [ no key to lock them,] the bath was very dangerous getting in and out of the shower hand rale needs fitting.attended a wedding and felt that the area that the wedding took place was very bland, no flowers, more attention to detail, ie taffetta bows on the seats would have looked much nicer, and more in keeping with the wedding theme. however the staff were exceptionally freiendly and effecient lin anon

Room Tip: check the size of the beds first,
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple