“Business Trip”
Review of The Hunters Lodge

The Hunters Lodge
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Crewe
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Was needing to be in the north west close to the M6 so booked. Easy to find hotel area in separate
Building behind bar and restaurant. Rooms are large, clean and tidy, good bathroom and also free wifi which is very important.

Ate in the bar and a very nice ribeye steak and a Guinness, staff were friendly and helpful.

Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for The Hunters Lodge

Reviewed November 13, 2012

We visited here for a family lunch. The sunday lunch menu is good value, £16.95 for 3 courses with coffee and mints. The food is very nice, good selection, vegetables are served separately so you can choose which to have. The only downside was very slow service. Long intervals between courses and even being shown to the table was a bit of a wait. There isn't much atmosphere and the lighting is quite bright. If you want a good value sunday lunch then it's worth it, but not if you're short of time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed for one night, booked at short notice. I booked a single room and the only disappointment was that it had a shower and not a bath; I did not think to ask, I was looking forward to a relaxing bath. The room was spotless. All of the staff were very friendly; housekeeping, reception and restaurant staff. The breakfast was superb with choice of poached haddock, smoked salmon, full break-fast or just beans on toast. I had the full break-fast and the scrambled egg was just right!
I also ate a bar meak in the evening; again the staff were friendly and the food was excellent.

Room Tip: Sydney road is very long so do not worry if you can not find the hotel immediately. I enjoyed my gr...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My wife and I have been to a few christenings etc. and have always been impressed, so we decided to try the Sunday carvery. The staff are very helpful and knowledgeable when recommending gluten free options for my wife, and the food was excellent, as was the cask beer.We are unlikely to ever stay here as we only live less than a mile away, so cannot comment on the rooms, but everything else is first class.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2012

The lodge has a nice drive approach with ample parking. The accommodation is a newish purpose built building but they really should get a good joiner to come and fix the squeeky floorboards as everyone of them makes a noise. A heavy snorer in the adjacent room kept us awake both nights and on the second night the wedding party moved from the function room back to one of the guests room and partied until the early hours. We could hear every conversation around us so the walls must be poorly constructed. The bar meals were nice and sensibly priced and the beer was well kept.
We'd stay here again but only if we got the same good rate and we'd remember to bring earplugs!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ToonBarmy
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I stayed with my wife and 3 yr old son in a family room for a family wedding. It was a great venue and offered an extremely well organised wedding service.
The staff were very polite. The food was excellent, everyone was served promptly by diligent staff. The beer is obviously well kept, and tastes wonderful.
Our room was very clean and comfortable but the plumbing noises prevented a good nights sleep. Everything else about the room was faultless.
If you are planning a wedding you can't go wrong by using this venue.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I have stayed here three times now. Each time I have been made feel very welcome. The food is always really tasty with local seasonal ingredients beautifully prepared. My visits have been over a period of three years and I am impressed by how many of the staff I recognise again from earlier visits. The rooms are comfortable with tea and coffee facilities.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor can be prone to sounds of movement from the floor above, ask for a room on...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crewe
Crewe Hall
Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa
Chimney House Hotel
Chimney House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Sandbach

Been to The Hunters Lodge? Share your experiences!