“I know where to take my boys now!”
Review of Good Time Charlies

Good Time Charlies
Ranked #2 of 7 Fun & Games in Crewe
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We are a very large indoor childrens play centre. Boasting over 10,000sqft incorporating:- Buggy & Locker Park 3 Large Party Rooms 1,500sqft Sports Hall for football and basketball activities Large play structure including a 14 Metre Slide from 6.5 Metres High Small play structure Sensory Room Large Cafe & Reception 120 Seated Cafe Area Hairdressers Baby changing in both mens and womens large toilets Suspended ceiling with sounds proofing to reduce the level of noise inside and out... Full disabled access to all areas Full on party list including, play parties, sports/football parties, nerf parties, disco parties and pamper parties...
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Stroller parking, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed April 6, 2014

This was my first visit, after reading some positive reviews I was excited to go. I was not disappointed! It was perfect for my 1 year old and 4 year old, felt safe, friendly and they were very busy and interested. When they both want to play again I will definitely be heading here!

Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

Could be a lovely place to take children however I agree with one of the above comments, too many parents see this place as an opportunity to let their children run riot with lack of supervision. Staff seem oblivious to their responsibilities to supervise the children along with the parents and focus more on the food/front desk. I think the baby changing facilities are in an extremely intrusive place, it's an uncomfortable experience walking into the bathroom an the parent/child have no privacy. I would not change my child here for the above reasons. having said all this the owner's have done well to try an cater to everyone's needs and seem to take comments on board.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I took my 3 year old today. After 10 minutes she wanted to climb to the top and go down the slide. She first went by herself going so fast she span round on her tummy and was clinging on for dear life. She was too scared to go down by herself again so as there were no warning signs at the top (only at the bottle) I thought it would be ok to go down with her on my knee as I have done in many other play gyms. We literally went flying twice in the air! I have bruised my back bum and side and taken skin off my ankle and hand. My little girl hit her face with such a thud a massive bruise showed up instantly.
The lady I spoke to after was lovely giving me a bruiser to put on and an accident book fill in but the manager said we should have worn jeans not leggins (no sign of what dress wear to wear) and to open my legs to go slower. She did apologies but after only 10 minutes of being there then walking out as my child was too scared to go back on anything we didn't get our money back. Plus I bought her a cake for being do brave-just a small cup cake £1.50!
It was clear and well laid out. I don't blame the place I blame Play the makers of the play frame and to be honest the manager for not being sympathetic as it was scary for a little toddler.
Such a shame. Very disappointed for a hour long trip all round to visit

Dawn R, Owner at Good Time Charlies, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Hi,

I am really sorry to hear that your experience at Good Time Charlies was not a good one.

We do have a sign up where you sign in which advises regarding the speed of the slide being dependant entirely on clothing - wearing jeans can slow you down but that is not always the case.

Our pricing is cheaper than some of the other play centres in the area for food and entrance so again I am surprised that you found our pricing unacceptable.

If you could get in contact with me via email or on the telephone 01270 530940 - I would like to chat to you about your experience.

Thanks for the post - I do believe all feedback is good feedback as we can only improve if our customers help us with any feedback.

Dawn

Reviewed October 27, 2013

This is a good place to take your children but when it gets busy there are far too many parents who think it is acceptable to let their kids run off and do what they want without supervision although you are meant to keep children supervised at all times, and the staff are very poor at enforcing this. Otherwise great service reasonable price and really good fun if only a handful of people there.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

This is a fab place to play with all ages from babies through to teenage years - we haven't found anything as good in this area.

We recently held my son's brithday party here and it was just fantastic. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the food was in excess, constant cleaning up to ensure party area was in tip top condition. Comfy sofa's to relax in whilst the children played in a safe enevironment. Lockers for valuables available for all at no extra cost. Locks for bikes and prams for those walking/riding there - again no extra cost. DIsabled parking at front with all areas within the play centre on ground floor making it accessible for all.

Biscuits with coffee & tea and haribo sweets on exit for children - what a fab idea.

Large parking at rear - sometimes missed I know we had to ask!!!

Nothing was too much to ask for they made my little lads birthday a fab night.

Highly recommded.