“Average Indian”
Review of The Chutney - CLOSED

The Chutney
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Chutney was founded in 1999 and has since been flourishing. When dining, you will find yourself in stylish and comfortable surroundings. Whilst you relax and thrill your taste buds, our devoted friendly team will ensure that every experience is a fulfilling one. At The Chutney you will discover exquisite cuisine that is cooked with an exotic collection of herbs and spices distinctly blended in the traditional way of East India and Bangladesh. All of the dishes will have their own distinctive flavours from the Pan Asian continent. With an extensive range of dishes, The Chutney team will not fail to impress with their seasonal menu. With many years of experience, Marzan and The Chutney team will ensure that your dining experience is pleasing and that the quality of food and service is at its greatest... "Growing up in Germany and having worked in many different restaurants/bars in Europe. My aim is simple. As well as pleasing my diners and ensuring they have an extraordinary dining experience, I want to bring a sense of enthusiasm and passion to the catering trade. I feel that the UK curry industry overall has changed over a number of years, and things have somewhat come to a standstill. Innovation does not mean removing basic principles of Indian dining..." Marzan Hadi Syed Brinkrolf
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I love going to Indian restaurants as it's my favourite eating out venue, his venue was recommended to us by the local hotel we stayed in,

On arrival, the staff were well presented and friendly, the decor needed some updating, but all nice and clean, the food was average for an Indian, always very hot which is a great bonus as it must be cooked fresh (didn't taste microwaved) however not a great depth of taste to it and almost felt like it was covered in some kind of sauce as opposed to normal tikka,

The staff were attentive although long gaps between portions but ample to eat, I would eat here again but certainly not rushing back

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Ate there whilst visiting Crewe, and found the food very good quality, delivered in a reasonable time, by very pleasant staff.

Will definately eat there again, next time I visit.

Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Food is definitely value for money. 4 courses for 8.95 however the forth course was an option of tea or coffee which I found a bit of a con. However the food was nice and definitely value for money compared to other Indians in crewe. With the restraint being quite there was an awkward atmosphere but I would go here again !

Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

We have been going here for some years and also ring up to have food delivered. The service has always been good and we have always been happy with the food itself.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Have just been to Chutney Restaurant in Crewe for my nephew's birthday. Party of 8. 4 course meal for £8.95 which is very good value. Food very tasty and staff very friendly and service good. Recommend you give it a try.