“Some nice areas, but needs much work”
Review of Queens Park

Queens Park
Ranked #2 of 36 things to do in Crewe
Reviewed March 14, 2014

This is a good sized park that has many paths. However, more than half are not well maintained, and have lengthy muddy sections, uneven surfaces, and even big holes, making them dangerous. The stream and its waterfall are dry. The winter foliage is very nice with several flower beds. The trees appear to be in excellent condition. One tree has several very large branches that appeared to have been broke off, and the pieces were all over the ground under it, even to the path near it. This should have been cleaned up immediately for safety and appearance. The cafe is lovely and the loos are clean and well stocked. The miniature golf is very basic so hope more is added to it. Fishing is back! Looking forward to the boats coming back. Unfortunately, there were heaps of dog droppings and trash (crisp bags, soda cans, etc) every where. We didn't notice any bins readily available for this or litter, or anyone enforcing these violations. This park has potential to be spectacular so we hope the council does more.

All reviews
"bonfire night"
"former glory"
"sunny day"

Reviewed March 11, 2014

The park itself is nice, although there is a lot of litter about. My 3 year old enjoyed the playground and a walk around the lake.
However, I would not recommend the cafe. I ordered a cup of tea, small chocolate bar and a glass of tap water for my 3 year old. As soon as I uttered the words "tap water", the manager (who was not serving me) jumped up from her seat and came over muttering "just tap water". When I asked if I could have a plastic cup so that there was no danger of my child smashing one of their glasses accidentally, I was told that plastic cups were only for paying customers and that I could pay for one if I wanted. I declined on principle and then asked for a straw but was again told only if I paid which I again declined. After I had paid for my tea and chocolate bar (and honestly returned the over payment in change!), the manager continued to complain about me to her staff, muttering about paying customers (which I clearly was).
I regularly visit local cafés with my child and have never before been asked to pay for a plastic cup or straw for her. I would completely understand if tap water is all I had ordered but as I was one of her few 'paying customers' that day, I'd have thought better customer service would have been higher on her list of priorities.

2  Thank Kirsty H
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Lived local for many years and used to work there as a gardener in the 70s and early 80s this park is just a big waste of space, millions spent and yet it looks like someone has been in and done millions of pounds worth of damage, someone somewhere must have had their palms greased because i have never seen money wasted on such a grand scale.

2  Thank TREVOR C
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Despite a £6 million lottery grant, Crewe Queens Park is a sad place.
Unmade muddy paths, overgrown borders, and closed locked toilets.
Hardly an ideal place to take a visitor to Crewe--I know--I did.
Having lived in Crewe for many years, I remember, a beautiful well maintained Park, vibrant with colourful bedding plants, courtesy of the Parks Dept and their in house cultivation and greenhouses.
My children loved the caged birds, bunnies and hamsters. They also enjoyed the crazy golf and the putting--Alas all these have long since gone!
The cafe-despite refurbishment, is still not a place to linger.
The children's play area is still there , and you can feed the ducks--if you can ward off the very aggressive geese; but Crewe Park is a shadow of it's former self.

3  Thank lindajane61