“Go for the value for money promotions”
Review of Frankie & Benny's

Frankie & Benny's
Ranked #68 of 193 Restaurants in Crewe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Good food, but expensive.
Make sure you look at all the menus. I had a burger and chips, very nice, good quality, but very overpriced.
The service is good, the food is good. Value for money is poor.
Its a shame the meals are not more reasonably priced. I get better value from a proper restaurant

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I liked the quite loud atmosphere and the staff were very good, however £14.45 for the New York chicken which was basically a very small breast with bacon and cheese together with a few skinny chips, and a small corn on the cob was a bit expensive albeit, it was nice. My wife had lamb shank which was better value and nice although swimming in thin gravy. The chicken strips were also nice if a bit overpriced as well. So all in all nice food if overpriced great staff and atmosphere. veryt

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Having eaten at the Frankie & Benny's in Hanley once before for a quick bite to eat, we decided to take the children to the one in Crewe for an evening meal.
Although the service we received was good, I think the food is totally over-priced for what it actually is and not good quality.
The meals come out VERY quickly after ordering, which I'm always dubious about.
I had the salt & pepper scampi, about 6 measly pieces with a few fries, some limp watercress, half a lemon and some really rank tartare sauce, not even any peas, they would've been extra! It was luke warm and at £11.75 I thought this was terrible value for money! I was really disappointed.
Two of us had pizzas, which were both enjoyed, if a little 'limp' and luke warm. Both pizza's were about £12.
And when ordering we were all asked if we wanted any sides, my step-daughter asked for cheesey chips and my partner had onion rings, we didn't think they would be so expensive, maybe £2.50 ish, when the bill came, they were £3.95 each side order! and there were only about 6 onion rings in the bowl!
My step-son had the all-day breakfast which was £9.95 and it looked like it had been sat there since breakfast too, everything looked over-cooked and a bit grim really. He was wasked if he wanted any side orders too, toast, chips etc etc, which he answered no too, but really for £9.95 I think an all-day breakfast should really include toast, expecially when you compare to what you would get at other eateries.
We all had desserts which were OK - but not amazing and all around £5.50 each.
My partner & I had coffees, which were rank! So watery they tasted like dirty dish water. We told the waiter about this and he said there had been a problem with the coffee machine and other people had also complained... in my opinion, we shouldn't have been able to order them if there was a problem. Nethertheless the waiter was very apologetic and took the coffees away and brought us some more to try which were the other end of the scale, so strong!
Our bill came to £80, which I think is seriously expensive for the actual quality and quantity of the food. I don't mind paying for good food, when it is good, but this certainly wasn't, and all the extras/sides you have to order are so expensive - and sneaky how they asked the kids if they want any, of course kids are going to say yes!
Although the kids loved it, my partner and I came away disappointed, feeling ripped off and dissatisfied. We won't be returning.

1  Thank SUZELANC
Reviewed August 30, 2013

A must if you are in Crewe for a short visit. Good food, friendly staff. I would go again on the off chance I am ever back to this small city.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

A walk around town indicated there wasn't a lot of choice in the matter, so we came here. We wanted something a bit special as we were celebrating our anniversary, but also needed it to be friendly to our impatient 4 year old! And we were very impressed. You can tell its an American concept as the service was second to none. The prices were very reasonable and the food was delicious. Will definately be going again.