“Wonderful”
Review of Crewe Hall

Crewe Hall
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Crewe
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Stayed here for just the one night on the 22nd of November.
It was booked via my work place for long service awards.
Arriving along the impressive drive the hotel comes into view and what an amazing looking place.
I arrived an hour early so my room wasn't ready, no problem, went for a look around the grounds and the rest of the hotel.
This is truly a majestic place, the interior was beautiful, made even better by the Christmas trees in almost every part of the hotel.
So to the staff, very friendly and efficeint, check-in was effortless, even asked if we wanted our luggage taken to the room.
I had no idea what room my work had booked but it was in the new part of the hotel,
Room was spotless and very modern although I was looking forward to one of the older rooms.

It was like a Premier Inn room but maybe slighty better but I couldn't fault it.Spotlessly clean.
Room was very cold and this was echoed by my work collegues on the their arrival, maybe the heating could be put on low just to take the edge off the cold, soon warmed up though.

Although our drinks were paid for duriing our stay, they were of good quality, San Miguel was the beer and Courvoisier was the brandy, Never had a bad drink all night. I think the price of the beer was £4.10 a pint. Glad they were free :-)

The food was very good although on the small size but that was OK as it was three courses, the Chicken I had with Pancetta was the best I've ever tasted
Service of the food and drink was also excellent.
We had breakfast booked for us aswell and I have to say it was the best full English I've ever had.
It was self service and the quality of everything on offer was perfect, no queuing and everything was hot and fresh.. Well done.
Never really thought of staying here before but it will be my first choice for special occasions and will highly recommned this hotel

The only downer was that the Sunderland Football Team were staying here and they are an ugly looking bunch ( only joking) Anyway they lost 2:0 to the mighty Stoke :-)

I shall also look at other Q Hotels when booking instead of the usual Premiers and TravelLodge
as paying that little extra is so much worth it..

Well Done everybody at Crewe Hall.. Keep up the good work

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
CreweHallOps, Manager at Crewe Hall, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Dear Steve-and-Nikki,
Thank you for your review. I am really pleased that you enjoyed your event at Crewe Hall and that you were looked after so well.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

This was my 3rd spa break at Crewe Hall and it did not disappoint. There is the obvious charm of the building and its imposing presence at the end of the driveway, but it is the staff that work so tirelessly to make your stay a memorable one that really sets Crewe Hall apart from the crowd. In particular on this visit my therapist, Carol, was amazing!! As a regular spa attendee I have to rate Carol as the best therapist I have come across to date. Carol took the time to ask me if I had any particular areas of concern, she explained the treatments and their benefits, she paid particular attention to the areas I had highlighted and then gave me a lesson is reflexology to help me in between treatments. Carol had an amazing knowledge base and excellent therapy skills, when I return to Crewe Hall (and I will return) I will make a point of asking for Carol as my therapist. A big thank you to all the excellent staff at Crewe Hall but an extra special thanks to Carol for making it a most relaxing and enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Sarah R,
Welcome back to Crewe Hall. I am really pleased that you keep returning and that you thoroughly enjoy the great treatments Carol provides. We are very proud of all the team at Crewe Hall and I will be sharing your kind feedback with Carol in due course. I look forward to welcoming you back for your 4th visit soon.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I treated myself to a night here, the plan was to check in, have a swim then treat myself to dinner in the brasserie. I echo the comments here on the marvelous building and very helpful reception. My first disappointment was the absence of a bath, it was a huge bathroom in the new part of the hotel so why no bath? The spa was rammed so my swim went out of the window, it would have been nice to have had a long soak in the bath instead. With the pool and bath out of the equation I opted for a pay per view movie in the room instead but sadly that was not working, I did try to get it fixed but to no avail.

I booked a table for 6:30 in the Brasserie as I was a solo diner so thought I would have an early dinner before the place got busy, service was a little slow at first but soon picked up and the food was good. The cheese board was nice but the measure of port I got was more like a spirit sized measure.

I liked the atmosphere of the place and as a solo traveler you will always have a slightly dampened experience, I guess I was unlucky about the pool being busy as it was Saturday afternoon and the pay TV issue wasnt a big deal. The only comment I wish to stand by is the lack of a bath, any hotel room within that price range should really offer a bath if they have room for one, it is part of the experience.

Best wishes and please dont take this comment too negatively.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Dear Golfer404040,
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that some of our facilities did not meet with your expectations. Should you consider returning to Crewe Hall in the future, please do contact me directly so that I can oversee your reservation.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

This is my second stay at Crewe Hall and just wish to add to my comments first time round nothing has changed. Still excellent service, friendly staff, stunning bulidng and a wedding day made perfect.

I would suggest however that you dont necessarily wait for a wedding invite, head here for a stop-over on your way somewhere, or make a weekend of it in Cheshire!

Room Tip: If you want a quieter room - then request the new block - but for olde worlde English charm you can...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark H
CreweHallOps, Manager at Crewe Hall, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear Mark H,
Thank you for your review and welcome back to Crewe Hall.
I'm really pleased that all elements of your stay were in-keeping with your original visit and very much hope you will come and visit us again soon. You are very correct that there is a lot to do and see in the area so using Crewe Hall as a base is very beneficial.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I booked a spa break and overnight stay as a birthday treat for my wife. The staff in all departments were excellent and couldn't have been more helpful. The evening meal was also very good quality.

The old building is spectacular, and if you don't like old buildings, then there is a also a modern section to the hotel. If there was a downside, then the pool was a bit on the cool side for a spa but okay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear 950Dave,
Thank you for your review.
I'm really pleased that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us for her birthday celebrations. We are very proud of the team at Crewe Hall and it is always a pleasure to hear when they are doing a great job in looking after our guests. I hope we have the opportunity in looking after you again soon.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Stayed here for one night mid-week. Lovely drive and approach with spectacular entrance & reception area. Room was a long (and a little confusing) way from the front desk. When we found it, it was a nothing to write-home-about standard clean modern hotel room, with all the usual expected amenities (but no bathrobe - how do guests get to the pool?). Although the hot tap ran very hot! Although we arrived about 9pm the resturant was still open so we went down for dinner. The "Brasserie" is a modern bar and resturant serving a good selection of dishes. Nothing wong with portions, as per a previous comment. The sleep was fine and breakfast the usual self-serve cereal, fruit, breads, some cooked items as is served everywhere. Clearly the other diners and resisdents were work conference attendees and when we left the next day, there appeared to be a Team Building Event starting. I imagine the front (old part) is used as a Wedding Factory as it will give great backgounds to photos. We were disappointed that dinner was not served in this area as it seems under used and is a much more inspirational than the crome and a bit clinical extention.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear gibsonsarah261171,
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay and very much hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Crewe Hall soon.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

I stayed her whilst attending a conference. The hotel setting is lovely and the old building is spectacular. The room was well kept and clean apart from the tile grout in the bathroom and the shower door hinge in the bathroom (room 4143) both need some attention to detail.( when you are lying in the bath this is what you look at, not pleasant) the bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. Overall a lovely place to stay.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
CreweHallOps, Manager at Crewe Hall, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Dear Janet C,
Thank you for your review. Whilst pleased you enjoyed your overall stay, I am sorry that the bathroom cleanliness was questionable. Your comments have been shared with our Head Housekeeper so that she may address these issues. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Operations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Crewe
Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Broxton
The Chester Grosvenor
The Chester Grosvenor
#4 of 45 in Chester

Been to Crewe Hall? Share your experiences!