“Spa Break”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Crewe
Crewe, United Kingdom
“Spa Break”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I recently booked a lovely Spa Break with a friend and the Hotel lived upto it's 4* status.
The staff were very attentive and friendly and the food was excellent.
I have stayed at Crewe Hall before in the old Hall part of the hotel, but this was the first time I had stayed in the new wing. The room was spacious and attention to detail was second to none. The bathroom had a full size bath and double shower.
Would definitely recommend and will hopefully enjoy many more stays.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Karen K
CreweHallOps, Manager at Crewe Hall, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear Karen K,
Welcome back and thank you for your review.
I'm pleased that you have scored us so highly across all elements of the scoring system. I do hope you will return soon and very much look forward to welcoming you back.
Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Polish first
warwickshire
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This was our 4th visit to Crewe Hall and we have booked to return 13th-16th October 2013.

We love Crewe Hall, hence revisiting. The old hall is beautiful, check in was efficient, our room was not ready when we arrived (we were early) so we went off shopping. Laura on reception phoned us when out room was ready as promised.

On check in it was confirmed that our evening meal reservation had been pre booked at the time we had requested.

When we got to our room, one of the light bulbs and the fridge was not working. We reported this and the following day they were both repaired, without having to chase.

We used the gym, all equipment is up to date and in working order, there is water machine,

We then used the pool area..... the sauna , steam room, pool and mosaic heated beds are lovely.
Jaccuzi is on the small side, really only suitable for 3 people. This would be one area that could be improved. Towels are provided. There are lockers but remember to take a pound coin . The pound coin is refunded after use.

We ate in the Brassiere. Again the food at Breakfast was lovely and fresh with amply choice. Our evening meal was lovely. The steak was cooked to perfection. Peppered sauce had a kick to it. We did not have any desserts.

The hotel was very busy this weekend. However it does create a good atmosphere.

We really cannot complain about anything. We have definitely found a lovely hotel for a short getaway not too far from home.

Q hotels offer a breakaway club membership. It costs £20 to join but is well worth is. You get a quarterly offer sent, which saves money on a two night break and also gives little added extras. You even get 2 x £10 vouchers to spend on your next two breaks. So really you are joining for free. The offer also include a 50% discount on room upgrades. so well worth it. This can be used at all of the Q hotels.

Crewe Hall is our favourite !!!!! Followed by The Aldwark Manor.

Thank you for a lovely stay !!

Room Tip: We like the new new rooms as they have sep bath and sep shower. We have decided to upgrade to a Q st...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank susan1warwickshire
CreweHallOps, Manager at Crewe Hall, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear susan1warwickshire,
Welcome back to Crewe Hall. I'm really pleased that Crewe Hall is one of your favourite hotels and that you continue to write your reviews on TripAdvisor. The Breakaway Club is the only way to get notified of Q Hotels deals first and I do hope you will continue to discover our other properties around the UK. I the meantime, I look forward to welcoming you back on 13th October.
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My stay in Crewe hall was truly wonderful. Very helpful staff, the newly refurbished brasserie was lovely and I did not want to leave the breakfast table. The food was simply great. We were surprised that guests had use of their spar completely free of charge which was a bonus. All in all the best hotel I've ever stayed in. I cannot wait to come back!

• Stayed August 2013
CreweHallOps, Manager at Crewe Hall, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear JohnPrior89,
Thank you for your review. I'm delighted that you had a perfect stay and enjoyed discovering what Crewe Hall has to offer. Our newly refurbished Brasserie opened on 21st August and I am really pleased that you enjoyed both your dinner and breakfast experience. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Stratford-on-Avon
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Stayed in the new wing for 4 nights. Excellent room with huge bed and really well appointed bathroom which had full size bath and separate large shower. We were a large party and had separate dining facilities but the food was very good and hotel were very accommodating in serving breakfast early from 0600.
Didn't have the opportunity to try the pool but friends who did reported it was very good. Very relaxing.
Small idiosyncrasy was the local BBC tv station was tuned to BBC South so when I wanted to get a detailed Cheshire based forecast, I got Wiltshire/Hampshire/Oxfordshire etc. instead! Weird.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear lizacate,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us as part of the Pony Club event which was being held locally. I will be asking our maintenance team to investigate why we are broadcasting another regions news and weather, especially if they are getting better weather than we are!!.
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Another Q Hotel and one which we had not thought of before. It is stunning. Grade 1 listed and beautiful. The gated entrance and tree lined drive makes you feel you have really arrived somewhere special. The old part of the hotel is amazing and the history associated with this place is fascinating.

The room we had was in the new part of the hotel but was massive and on a corner. We stayed for one night and had dinner as well as breakfast the next day. The pool and gym area were great. I had a show round of the conference facilities which are up to normal Q standards. Lots of very usable space. The place is huge which means there seem to be endless corridors but hey if you follow the signs you can't go too wrong. Dinner was fine but took place in one of the conference suites as the Brasserie was undergoing a refurbishment.

We'll be definitely be using this place next year. Well done again Q.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Siobhan W,
Thank you for your review.
I'm really pleased that you enjoyed exploring Crewe Hall. We are very proud to operate such a beautiful building as a hotel and I am delighted that you will continue to use Q Hotels in the future. Our brasserie refurbishment works have now been completed and we are thrilled with the transformation. I hope you get the opportunity to visit us again soon.
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2013

My friends and I booked a Spa Break at Crewe Hall and as soon as we entered the driveway up to the hotel we were blown away, it is a really stunning sight especially in the sunshine. The reception was very friendly with a warm welcome
We had our lunch which was included in our deal which was amazing for a so called light lunch-2 course with plenty to choose from-the fish and chips were yum ooops maybe not the best choice before swimming! We then spent the rest of the day using the facilities inc swim,sauna etc.
Also included in our stay were 2 half hour treatments each, which were wonderful, I had the Oriental head neck and shoulder massage, it was amazing I was almost asleep. The day after I had the back massage again it was great. The staff in the spa were very friendly but didn't chat whilst the treatment was being done which is always a bonus for relaxing.
My only real criticism withing the pool area is the Jacuzzi could be a bit bigger and a couple of changing cubicles would be good as not everyone likes communal changing areas.
Dinner in the evening was fantastic, a good size menu from some chefs that certainly know how to cook, the staff within the restaurant were very friendly esp at lunch and dinner, it makes a refreshing change for young staff to be chatty and obliging, thankyou.
The room was also clean and comfortable, great that 3 can share.

All in all I would recommend anyone to go on one of there spa breaks you really do relax.
We also went mad and had afternoon tea before we left, It was good and I enjoyed it in such a stunning room.

Thank you all again for a wonderful stay, we will be back and will recommend to others

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Gail E,
What a great review. I'm delighted that the team looked after you so well and that your primary purpose for visiting of relaxation was achieved. Please do tell your friends and come back and see us again soon.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Grade one listed hotel in lovely gardens rooms were very modern in new section ideal for weddings or a summers evening based at hotel as the surrounding area has very little to offer if your on foot stayed at quite a few q hotels and this is a very good one

Room Tip: We opted for standard rooms and they were very good
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sayers17
Dear sayers17,
Thank you for your review. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and do hope you enjoy discovering all 21 Q Hotels around the country.
Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crewe
Mottram Hall
#1 of 3 in Stretton
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
Doubletree by Hilton Chester
De Vere Cranage Estate

Been to Crewe Hall? Share your experiences!