“AN ALMOST PERFECT STAY”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Crewe
Northampton
“AN ALMOST PERFECT STAY”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

As regular Q hotel users, we were most impressed as we drove up the stunning drive to this lovely hotel. This was our first stay at this particular hotel. The welcome was warm and friendly and check in was accomplished with ease.

We had a lovely spacious room in the modern part of the hotel which suited us well, as although we appreciate the finer details and intricacies of older buildings, being avid National Trust visitors, we do feel more at home ourselves in modern surroundings.

We stayed in room 4206 at the back of the hotel, which was very quiet enabling us to have a good nights sleep on all 3 evenings.

Dinner was lovely, delicious flavours, well cooked and good presentation, only minor niggles, there seemed to be a shortage of pepper pots & jugs for iced water, and in addition on the busier Saturday evening, a shortage of Menus too. It would have been nice if there had been a slight variation to the Menu on the second night (as they do at The Oxford Belfry) just to give a little more choice. As it was I had the Pork with butternut squash both nights, which I have to say was very nice.

Breakfast was lovely and in plentiful supply, although it was rather busy on Sunday morning. However, Monday morning was lovely and peaceful and we had a really relaxing breakfast to set us up for our onward travel into Chester.

Next weekend, we are looking forward to our stay at Norton Park (our first at this particular hotel too!)

Dear NorthamptonRicho,
Thank you for reviewing Crewe Hall.
As a regular Q Hotel guests we really value your feedback and I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am really sorry that there were a couple of minor issues that you experienced during your restaurant experience and your feedback has been shared with our restaurant manager so that he may address these shortfalls.
I hope you enjoy your stay at Norton Park.
Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Polish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 26, 2013

The long tree lined drive up to the hotel must be one of the most impressive entrances to any hotel and when you arrive the building is stunning.
We are Q members and this hotel ticks all of the boxes for an enjoyable and great value stay.
Our room was large and the housekeeping aspects were faultless-nice fluffy towels and quality toiletries.
We ate in the brasserie and the food was very good.The menu is extentive and the chefs did a good job. The quality of ingredients was good and our deserts were excellent. Breakfast was the usual buffet but with a good selection of fresh fruits.
The location of the hotel was good for us as we manged to fit in a trip to Chester and a train journey from Crewe to Conwy in North Wales.
Overall a great hotel and we will be back to further explore this part of the world

Dear alan b,
Welcome back to Crewe Hall. I'm really pleased that you enjoyed your visit and that you found the hotel to meet with your expectations. We are ideally located to explore the great County of Cheshire and are also not far from Alton Towers, Manchester Trafford Centre to name but a few great places for a day out. I hope to welcome you back soon.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Crewe Hall not only is a stunning venue idealic for weddings the staff are fantastic! Recently had wedding reception at Crewe Hall and was thoroughly enjoyed by all who attended. Staff were extremely efficient, friendly and always smiling. Food was superb very good value for money. have had great communication with the staff pre-wedding and also on hand for daft questions (sorry Lucy). My mum has said quote "If i had another daughter i would definitely chose Crewe Hall"

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room lol
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear MrsMe1613,
What a lovely review and congratulations on your recent special occasion. I'm delighted that you had such a memorable day and hope Crewe Hall will be your venue of choice for many more happy occasions. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
East Cowes, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Location, room, food, service, leisure facilities all first class. We were warmly greeted by a receptionist who was genuinely interested in us and what we had to say; and it just got better from there...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear David N,
Thank you for your 5 star review. I'm delighted that you found your stay faultless and that our team looked after you so well.
I hope we have the pleasure of looking after you again soon.
Coventry
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed as part off a large group following an event in hotel. The welcome at reception was lovely. Really attentive interested staff who took me to my room and showed me where it meeting and event would be held, even though I was early to check in. I had a lovely room with 4 poster bed and really spacious and spotlessly clean bathroom in the old part of the hotel. The room for the event was far too hot with so many people in it, the food was quite dull and the drinks were ridiculously overpriced (13.50 for 2 standard glasses of wine)
Only criticisms of room would be lack of toilet brush and that there was a drinks delivery outside my room at about 730 am when it was my first lie in for weeks making sleeping in impossible!! Also not happy that housekeeping knocked door at 10 to clean when checkout isn't till 11.
All said I would probably return with husband

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Emma154,
Thank you for reviewing Crewe Hall. Whilst pleased that you would consider visiting Crewe Hall in the future, I am really sorry for the shortfalls which have marred your stay on this occasion. I can assure you that your feedback will be shared with the team so that we may not have similar issues for future guests. I can only apologise that due to a mechanical issue the air conditioning in our main banqueting suite was not working however this issue has now been resolved.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had a lovely relaxing spa break and the food was excellent.We were in the modern part near the swimming pool and spa with big airy rooms.On arrival we had a 50 minute treatment then a two course lunch then a relaxed afternoon in the swimming pool area.Our three course dinner was at 19 30 on request from us all for £119 per adult . .(my dog came along as well £15 a night).The hotel is set in beautiful grounds and my dog enjoyed investigating rabbit holes.

Room Tip: you can have old fashioned rooms eg four posters in the old house or modern rooms near the spa.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear 458sky,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
It was a pleasure meeting with you during your stay and I am really pleased that you all had a great time, especially your dog!! Our team have a genuine desire to look after our guests and it is always a pleasure to be told by our guests how great a time they have had. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Crewe Hall soon.
Salford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was my 1st stay at Crewe Hall based on a recommendation by a work colleague. You are greeted to the hotel by driving down the impressive drive way and the original build is stunning. The reception is beautiful and creates a great first impression. We stayed in the modern part of the hotel and the rooms were very spacious and clean. It could be a bit of a maze finding your way around and there were lots of dead ends, but once you got your bearings it was fine.

The staff were very polite and helpful though sometimes a bit to keen to impress but I wouldn't say that was a bad thing.

The spa was very nice and quiet when we went so we got to use all the facilities, though I could image it getting crowded at times as it is quite small.

The only downside of the visit was the service in the Brasserie, the food itself was nice but at one stage it took the waiting staff 30 mins before they came to clear the Main Course plates, the Brasserie was busy at the time but the wait was a bit excessive.

All in all it was a very nice stay and I would go back.

Dear dawsonski,
Thank you for your 4 star review and your comments. I am pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and can only apologise for the delay in your main course. Our Brasserie is a very popular dining area and whilst we do all we can to manage the bookings and timings for our guests we do find, on occasion, that due to demand we may have some minor delays in service. I do hope this issue will not deter you from visiting in the future and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crewe
Mottram Hall
#1 of 3 in Stretton
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
Doubletree by Hilton Chester
De Vere Cranage Estate

Been to Crewe Hall? Share your experiences!