“Perfect location for a perfect wedding....”
Review of Crewe Hall

Crewe Hall
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Crewe
Reading, United Kingdom
“Perfect location for a perfect wedding....”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The sun broke through the clouds on Thursday afternoon as we were getting ready to go to Crewe Hall for my son's wedding on Friday

On arrival, the reception staff were freindly, polite and extremely helpful, expecially as one of the Porters found my Father a walking stick as he'd forgotten his own. This made such a difference to my Dad, especially as his room was in th newer section of the hotel and he needed to walk to breakfast and dinner at the Brasserie - so thank you to Mr Roberts the Porter!!

Having already done a review on the champagne afternoon tea here, I wanted to give my experience of the wedding day itself. Staying in one of the Feature Bedrooms was a luxury - the bed was like sleeping on a feather bed and the bathroom (with both bath and shower) HUGE!After breakfast in our room the wedding party was looked after by the wedding coordinator who did a wonderful job in trying to keep us all to timings throughout the day! The weather continued to be beautiful and the photographer took every opportunity to use the fabulous grounds and gardens to take his memorable photos.

Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and although there was another wedding being held the following day, we were treated very well, used the Spa on Thursday evening in preparation for the 'Big Day' but also had the opportunity of using the leisure facilities (swimming pool/jacuzzi) and could stroll around the grounds until such time as we were ready to leave.

A very special location, especially the 'older' part of the hotel - a little pricey for drinks/food but perfect for special occasions!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Foxgloves04
CreweHallOps, Manager at Crewe Hall, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Foxgloves04,
Welcome back to Crewe Hall!! I'm delighted that you had a great stay with us and that the weather was on-side to compliment the hotel for your son's wedding. We are very proud of the team who work tirelessly to ensure all our guests needs are exceeded and I will be sharing your feedback with Gwill in due course.
I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Crewe Hall soon.
Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (463)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Had a lovely few nights stay here with my fiance. The dinner was brilliant - good food and good service. The afternoon tea was even better, a memorable experience! I had quite a few spa treatments, they were all good but the area of the treatments rooms is very small and the spa facilities are not the most relaxing. The only downfall would be that our room service took 1 hour to arrive but when we complained we were happy with the way they dealt with us. Over fall, an enjoyable stay!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Amanda C,
I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Again, I am sorry about the delay in your room service and I am pleased that we dealt with this to your satisfaction. I hope to welcome you back to Crewe Hall soon.
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed here to base myself for the BTCC motor racing at Oulton Park and it was brilliant. I had a very good quality room with quality fittings and design and is still in good order. I took the option for breakfast to the room very early so I could get to the circuit, and the roads are easy to navigate. Great breakfast tray and I had dinners each night, again very good std. Maybe the wine fridge temp needs to be lower but that is a minor point and the ice buckets worked well !! I am a HIlton Gold card holder and I have to say this is an equal to HIlton std. I booked early and found a nice deal with the hotel directly , don't chance the Internet last minute stuff. All the staff were great and I had a great 3 nights. I will return !!! I just hope motor racing fans don't read this as I like the easy return where the traffic is very light !!!

Room Tip: Take a room in the new part facing the rear and the rabbits running all over the back , nice and qui...
Dear 186332Phil,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Crewe Hall and welcome back.
I'm really pleased that you found our location to be perfect for your trips to Oulton Park. We are conveniently situated from the M6 motorway and are within easy travelling distance of Manchester, Chester and Stoke. I very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We enjoyed a two-night DBB at Crewe Hall.

The staff were fabulous. Attentive and helpful.

The hotel is lovely and it is worth exploring the inside as well as the grounds.

We stayed in the older part which was nice. We liked the four poster which was very comfortable Windows would not open though.

The food was below average the first evening. I was not asked how I wanted my lamb and it was not pink but overcooked and dry. The chips were not cooked through at all, other guests were complaining about the food too.

Breakfast the next day was much better and so was dinner. Fillet steak cooked to perfection.

David, Duty Manager was very helpful and good at his job. The staff on reception were super efficient and friendly.

Spa was lovely and clean. Will have a treatment or two next time.

We will be back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank luvfoodantravel
Dear luvfoodantravel,
Thank you for your review.
I am really pleased that based on this experience you will return to Crewe Hall in the future. I am sorry that your dinner on the first evening was not up to our usual high standard and I do take confidence that our restaurant manager did all he could to ensure your second evening experience was better. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I booked a 2 night B&B stay with Crewe hall, dinner on first night to attend a charity ball, this had prompted my stay. I contacted the hotel to see if I could swap dinner to the second night as dinner was provided at the charity ball, catagoric no unless I paid 41.40 to change to Sat. I understand the T & Cs but still found this quite strange.

At the chairty ball the bar was not good, pressure in pumos made beer and soft drinks poor and a long wait.

We used the main bar on Sat night for a drink and was treated to dirty tables and a running commentary from the bar maid about timesheets.

No ITV in rooms, reception said snothing they can do until maintenance came in - no action

Room in new block , very nice and comfortable, lovely bathroom but not enough lighting to put make up on, poor quality hairdryer which blew rather than styled

A surpising stay which could had been so good, if a little more attention to customer service and staff approach. I would think that normally this would be a good place to stay, looks like we just encountered an off weekend.

Room Tip: New block garden facing
Dear joannelucy85.
Thank you for your review.
I am sorry that you found us inflexible. I am unsure as to why you booked a special package and rate inclusive of dinner on the first night when you were already dining at the Summer ball however due to business demands, we were unable to move your special package rate to include dinner on the Saturday evening.
I am aware that one of my colleagues has been in contact with you prior to your stay to explain the booking terms and conditions and the reasons why we were unable to move your dinner reservation.
I appreciate your feedback and will be sharing this with the team in due course so that they may further investigate and remedy the issues you have mentioned.
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Stay here as I was at a wedding and the Hotel itself was lovely. Such a grand and majestic building. You have options to stay in the new or old section of the hotel, but everything is connected. We stayed in room 4209 (I think) and the room was big and spacious and it over looked a small little garden area. Bathroom was big with a large separate shower to the bath.
To be honest, when I walked in to the room I was a little disappointed. The carpets look a little out dated and the throw on the bed wasn’t eye catching. Its probably me just being picky but the room didn’t feel modern but this is such a minor thing and the room is perfectly fine. Tea and coffee facilities available and the bed was comfy.
The pool and spa area are good and clean and all the staff met were polite, friendly and helpful.

The food and drinks are some of the most expensive in any hotel I have stayed in. I mean, I don’t tend to drink or eat in Hotels as I like to eat local, so I am sure the prices are like this in most big hotels but at £13.40 for a beer and dbl Vodka and coke...My jaw almost hit the floor.
Breakfast was good and included in the stay and there is plenty to choose from but get there early if staying over a weekend as it get mega busy 8.30-9.

Overall a great hotel with good staff....Just remember to take some gold bullion!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank danrelv
Dear danrelv,
Thank you for your review.
I am sorry that you found our prices to be expensive. We review our prices yearly and will always take into consideration any changes in government budgets along with the pricing of similar hotels so that we remain competitive. I do hope this issue will not deter you from visiting Crewe Hall again and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in this very imposing country hall hotel. Most of the bedrooms, the restaurant and spa are in a smart modern extension. The people were very welcoming and and very responsive. When our hairdryer went wrong they were there with a replacement within a couple of minutes.
The food was very nice but quite a few items were more that you would want to pay. Also I would have liked some wine but I wouldn't pay the prices for an unknown quantity.
The room was very large and comfortable. The pool was large but it was full of kids when we went. Overall, we had a very relaxing break.

1 Thank pbromby1
CreweHallOps, Manager at Crewe Hall, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear pbromby1,
Thank you for taking the time to review Crewe Hall after your recent stay with us.
I am pleased that you had a relaxing break with us and that you found our people to be courteous and welcoming. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crewe
Mottram Hall
De Vere Cranage Estate
Wychwood Park Hotel
Wychwood Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Weston

Been to Crewe Hall? Share your experiences!