Crewe Hall
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
2,354 results
All reviewsafternoon teaq hotelsmodern wingtower suitewest wingspa breakmain hallfeature roomstately homecrew hallsheridan loungenewer partbeautiful buildingnew sectionoriginal buildingfour poster bedbrasserie restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have just spent the night staying in the new part of the hotel and I cannot find a single fault with my stay. My boyfriend and I arrived earlier than check-in but the room was available for us and the reception staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was very spacious, the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was beautiful. It was all extremely clean, well presented and a pleasure to stay in. I received a back, face, scalp, shoulder and neck massage. This was the first time I had ever had a spa treatment and again the staff were really polite, friendly and made me feel really comfortable. The treatment itself was amazing and has helped me with the back pain I have had from a previous motor accident. The food was delicious, in fact it was the nicest food I've had at any hotel or restaurant and again the staff were so polite, friendly and funny. I would recommend the crab cakes, the braised shin of beef and the pork loin. All were cooked to perfection. We then sampled a few cocktails which were delicious and we walked around the grounds to take in the breathtaking building. Lovely breakfast bar with lots of great selection, all delicious again. Quick and easy checkout. Quite expensive but definitely worth every penny. Wish we could have extended our stay and I cannot wait to come back.

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor in the new building and it was lovely, huge room, pleanty of space, huge window covering wall for plenty of light and facing back of the grounds so very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
CreweHallOps, Manager at Crewe Hall, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear Laura V,
Thank you for your wonderful review of Crewe Hall. I'm delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us, especially the spa treatment and the food. Your feedback will be shared with the team in due course and I very much look forward to being able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. It was a very beautiful hotel with lots of character and oak panel walls. All the staff were very friendly and the breakfast was amazing and the best choice we have seen compared to other hotels we have stayed in. While there me and my husband both had a treatment in the spa, I had a facial which included a shoulder massage which left me feeling totally refreshed and my husband booked a back massage which he said was the best he had ever had (and he has had quite a few). We will definately be going back there.

Room Tip: there are rooms available in the modern building as well as the main building so remember to state which part you wish to stay in
1  Thank Jennie F

Dear Jennie F,
Thank you for taking the time to review Crewe Hall.
I'm delighted that both you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us and felt utterly pampered by the spa treatments you had. We very much hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Had a wonderful 2 night stay for my husband's birthday. Booked a Friday night break on the website that included dinner, bed and breakfast, then decided we would stay the Saturday night too.

Had an executive room in the new part of the hotel, couldn't fault it. Clean and spacious. To be honest was glad we were not allocated one of the old rooms.

Had dinner in the Brasserie on Friday night, 3 courses delicious. Would recommend the lemon sole. The hotel lacks a comfortable bar - this is the only fault, and other residents we spoke to entirely agreed. The residents bar is drab, with uncomfortable seating and no atmosphere whatsoever, not even music! The bar area in the brasserie again was not very comfortable with limited seating. They should refurb this area and introduce sofas and turn it into a comfortable lounge area.

Beautiful gardens and stunning scenery.

Breakfast was just ok. On second night ordered room service, steak burgers with chips - delicious!

Left it too late to make a reservation for afternoon tea, was very disappointed they could not fit us in as I really wanted to try it - rated number 1 in Cheshire! Luckily I was able to make a last minute booking for afternoon tea in the Rookery Hotel and Spa (15 minute drive away, outside Nantwich), where the service was impeccable. When I made the telephone reservation they enquired if it was for a special occasion, and had a little surprise in store for my husband's birthday!

Back to Crewe Hall, I would highly recommend it and we would stay again. Was good value for money, reasonably good 4 star standard hotel. In my opinion not worth paying more than £100 per night for B&B so bear in mind before booking. Not the most amazing hotel we have ever stayed in but still a really great relaxing break.

Dear redwineIreland,
Thank you for reviewing Crewe Hall on TripAdvisor. Whilst pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us I am sorry that we were unable to accommodate you for our very popular Afternoon Tea. Crewe Hall is not only voted number 1 in Cheshire but also number 8 within the entire of the United Kingdom - we are very proud of our achievement and I do advise guests that should they wish to par take in our afternoon tea experience then booking is strongly advised.
I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to Crewe Hall soon.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed here for one night on business and chose it, mainly due to its proximity to the M6. It makes for a great impression you as you approach up the drive
The staff were very friendly, even when I checked in at 9.15pm. They gave me a very nice room in the old wing - four poster bed that was extremely comfortable, separate sitting area. Huge desk, a room definitely with old charm!
The only let down was the bathroom. At first I thought wow, look at the size of the bath and I ran one immediately and relaxed. However, on closer inspection the bathroom could be improved - very old, threadbare, grey towels (definitely not in keeping with the standard of the hotel), the bathroom floor tiles were high gloss and were streaked and looked like they had been cleaned with dirty water, mould on the towel grouting and most unfortunately hairs, that didn't belong to me in the shower!
If they sorted out the bathroom cleaning, then this would be a 5* hotel rating
Breakfast was good. Check out quick and efficient
Did think rate was rather steep, but I booked Crewe Hall for its convenience

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear lisasplaces,
Thank you for writing your review.
Whilst pleased that you were impressed with Crewe Hall, I am sorry that the bathroom cleanliness was not upto our usual high standard. All rooms are inspected daily by our housekeeping team to ensure the quality of cleaning from our room attendants exceeds our guests expectations. I would be very grateful if you could contact me directly at the hotel and advise me what date and which room you stayed in so that we can address this issue directly with our team. I do hope this issue will not deter you from visiting Crewe Hall in the future.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Had an overnight stay with spa break for two, over valentines. The feature rooms in the main building were lovely, with a great view. Food and service in the restaurant was excellent and the food was fairly priced. Great pool & spa area as well, although a bit crowded . Over all though, we had a really relaxing and memorable stay. Look forward to going again.

Room Tip: Go for the feature king rooms, they are worth the supplement.

Dear spyker2k7,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I'm really pleased that you enjoyed your Valentine's getaway at Crewe Hall and that you enjoyed using all our facilities. Crewe Hall is a very popular destination and our leisure club and facilities can get very busy on occasions, especially during school holidays and half terms. I do hope that on your next visit you get to enjoy the facilities that eluded you on this occasion.